dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fswaspirant said:
Thanks Dobes. I got mine from WES and the number does not have IMM on it, it is just a numeric 7 digits. In cas I have to get a new one, should I again submit transcripts or they can reissue?
I used ICAS. On CIC, it said that ECAs were good for 5 years, and I had gotten mine for a 2014 CEC application so I assumed it was fine. However, at ICAS, 2014 FSW applicants got an evaluation that can be used for EE, but CEC applicants got a different kind. In my case, my transcripts had been sent directly from my university the first time, and so ICAS did not need any additional documents. They simply took my money, and after 2 weeks and a lot of frantic calls on my part, they issued the correct document, saying the exact same thing as the first one, but with numbers that allowed CIC to verify my results electronically. I lost 8 points because my partner's university will not issue transcripts directly to these agencies, but I stayed within my draw, and it seems to have been all right.

I don't know if you will run into the same issue - I haven't heard that anyone else has. But I would call WES, tell them you got the document in 2013, and ask if it is appropriate for EE. I hope it is!

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michal said:
I just called CIC again. Got a much more talkative rep. She said my application is still processed, and there was an admin error with my application. I hope to get Ecas access soon. While I was on the phone, I received a ghost mail, but no update in MyCIC.
This system is really not stable.
Good heavens. Your issue is really freaking me out. I sympathize with you, and hope you get it settled soon!

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
dobes said:
Good heavens. Your issue is really freaking me out. I sympathize with you, and hope you get it settled soon!
Thanks. You know what I am going through here, you can imagine. I mean we all want it to be successful, there is a lot of work and emotions involved. And for the VO it is just a matter of one click...and oops your application was cancelled.

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Michal said:
I just called CIC again. Got a much more talkative rep. She said my application is still processed, and there was an admin error with my application. I hope to get Ecas access soon. While I was on the phone, I received a ghost mail, but no update in MyCIC.
This system is really not stable.
Very glad to hear that! But really freaky this happened... must have been really stressful!

Rbh89

Jun 12, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Create a new profile using the same MyCIC account. You can always withdraw the new profile if your old application is reopened.

Hi, I would like to ask for your opinion about my POF, as my situation is a bit unique.
As a POF I submitted a letter from the bank and a 6-month bank statement. What worries me is that I get paid in cash and deposit the cash monthly to my bank account. The amount I deposit monthly is the same as the total salary stated in my experience letter as we do not pay taxes where I live.

Do you think I should raise a CSE to submit a letter from my employer confirming that I get paid in cash along with my pay slips?

Please note that I already submitted my application and received 1st and 2nd AOR

I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rbh89 said:
Hi, I would like to ask for your opinion about my POF, as my situation is a bit unique.
As a POF I submitted a letter from the bank and a 6-month bank statement. What worries me is that I get paid in cash and deposit the cash monthly to my bank account. The amount I deposit monthly is the same as the total salary stated in my experience letter as we do not pay taxes where I live.

Do you think I should raise a CSE to submit a letter from my employer confirming that I get paid in cash along with my pay slips?

Please note that I already submitted my application and received 1st and 2nd AOR

I would love to hear your thoughts on this.
Can't hurt to do that but chances are that your file will be processed positively for POF based on already provided evidence.

Rbh89

Jun 12, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Can't hurt to do that but chances are that your file will be processed positively for POF based on already provided evidence.
Thank you so much Asivad. You're an amazing person who's always eager to help others! I'm one of your biggest fans really!

Milliec

Jun 3, 2014
Can someone summarize what's the major reason for the application to get rejected so far?

I am going to send my application this week and want to double check.

Another thing is, I have renew my passport in 2014 Jul, do I need to submit my previous passport information as well?

Cuz when I apply for ONPNP they have request both passport copies if the current passport is used less than 2 years.

I couldn't really find much guidance about this online.

Thanks!

beans on toast

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
Sent With App
LANDED..........
16-08-2016
At what point do you receive ecas info?
I received ITA 17/07, submitted documents, and received AOR on 01/08. When i log in i see my case is open and in progress. But when i input this info into the ecas system. Nothing comes up - an error.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Milliec said:
Can someone summarize what's the major reason for the application to get rejected so far?

I am going to send my application this week and want to double check.

Another thing is, I have renew my passport in 2014 Jul, do I need to submit my previous passport information as well?

Cuz when I apply for ONPNP they have request both passport copies if the current passport is used less than 2 years.

I couldn't really find much guidance about this online.

Thanks!
You only need your current passport, and only the biodata page and any stamped pages.

The major reasons for rejection that I can recall: not including diplomas/certificates in a pdf in education slot; for LMIA-supported job ONLY, not having a reference letter describing the job as "permanent" or "indeterminate" in length; wrong medical assessment, which CANNOT be controlled by the applicant, so don't worry about it as long as you told your panel physician you were applying for permanent residence; missing or outdated police certificates (including, for people who spent time in certain areas of Australia, a driving record); mistake on CIC's part in rejecting for missing police certificates for countries from which applicants had taken a distance learning course without actually visiting the country; uploading TWO documents to a single slot instead of combining them in a single pdf (e.g., uploading an ECA document first, then the diploma), which causes the first document uploaded to disappear; not adequately documenting the source of a sudden influx of money into the bank account to meet CIC requirements; providing employment reference letters without weekly hours worked, so that CIC cannot determine if the applicant has the required number of hours of work in Canada or in an NOC; having an NOC that does not match the job duties and responsibilities.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
dobes said:
You only need your current passport, and only the biodata page and any stamped pages.

The major reasons for rejection that I can recall: not including diplomas/certificates in a pdf in education slot; for LMIA-supported job ONLY, not having a reference letter describing the job as "permanent" or "indeterminate" in length; wrong medical assessment, which CANNOT be controlled by the applicant, so don't worry about it as long as you told your panel physician you were applying for permanent residence; missing or outdated police certificates; mistake on CIC's part in rejecting for missing police certificates for countries from which applicants had taken a distance learning course without actually visiting the country; uploading TWO documents to a single slot instead of combining them in a single pdf (e.g., uploading an ECA document first, then the diploma), which causes the first document uploaded to disappear; not adequately documenting the source of a sudden influx of money into the bank account to meet CIC requirements; providing employment reference letters without weekly hours worked, so that CIC cannot determine if the applicant has the required number of hours of work in Canada or in an NOC, having an NOC that does not match the job duties and responsibilities.
1+ for the post

Milliec

Jun 3, 2014
dobes said:

The major reasons for rejection that I can recall: not including diplomas/certificates in a pdf in education slot; for LMIA-supported job ONLY, not having a reference letter describing the job as "permanent" or "indeterminate" in length; wrong medical assessment, which CANNOT be controlled by the applicant, so don't worry about it as long as you told your panel physician you were applying for permanent residence; missing or outdated police certificates; mistake on CIC's part in rejecting for missing police certificates for countries from which applicants had taken a distance learning course without actually visiting the country; uploading TWO documents to a single slot instead of combining them in a single pdf (e.g., uploading an ECA document first, then the diploma), which causes the first document uploaded to disappear; not adequately documenting the source of a sudden influx of money into the bank account to meet CIC requirements; providing employment reference letters without weekly hours worked, so that CIC cannot determine if the applicant has the required number of hours of work in Canada or in an NOC, having an NOC that does not match the job duties and responsibilities.
Thanks! This is very helpful =)

sraj07

May 26, 2015
fswapplicant ,

WES gives ECA report specific to CIC which I valid for 5 years . The letter # will have your ref no + IMM like this 123456IMM .
You no need to submit the docs again . Just order a duplicatre report specific to CIC in their website and they will issue in a week time

My report was first sent as normal /standard report which is 123456 , and then I called them and they said to apply a duplicate one specific to CIC . I got mine with 123456IMM , which is specific to CIC .

All the best

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Thanks Dobes. Question about work reference letter. Some of my previous employers have not provided letters in cic format, for eg no weeks per hour. My current employer has provided the letter, but not the previous employers. Lawyer suggested to draft a letter myself and get it notarized for missing information. Has anyone had the experience of rejection bcoz some reference letters were missing

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beans on toast said:
At what point do you receive ecas info?
I received ITA 17/07, submitted documents, and received AOR on 01/08. When i log in i see my case is open and in progress. But when i input this info into the ecas system. Nothing comes up - an error.
Did you put in your application number, starting with E? I can't get it with my UCI, but can with the application number. It often takes a while for ECAS to appear at all, so be patient.