IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
Everybody mentions FDs. I have money on something called "supersaving account" - it is not an FD, but rather a ...supersaving account ;) I understand this is fine...?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Michal said:
Everybody mentions FDs. I have money on something called "supersaving account" - it is not an FD, but rather a ...supersaving account ;) I understand this is fine...?
Can you break your supersaving account whenever you wanted to and get those funds in your bank? Then, YES! But my question was about time. Do we still have to show where we got those funds from even though it has been in the FD account for 6 months or older?

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Can you break your supersaving account whenever you wanted to and get those funds in your bank? Then, YES! But my question was about time. Do we still have to show where we got those funds from even though it has been in the FD account for 6 months or older?
I don't think you need to show the source of the funds if it was a stable, constant 6months average balance. If there are any peaks of the inflow, then you would want to prove to CIC that it was not borrowed money. At least that is what I understand.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Michal said:
I don't think you need to show the source of the funds if it was a stable, constant 6months average balance. If there are any peaks of the inflow, then you would want to prove to CIC that it was not borrowed money. At least that is what I understand.
Oh alright! Fixed deposits are "fixed". It just sits in the FD account and generates interest every month. It's not like RD where you add funds every month. This is a one time deposit. In this case, if I have all the money in my FD account, I DO NOT have to show my back statements. I just have to show them the FD advise and the bank letter that certifies that I actually have an FD account with them showing the date of opening and the amount in it. That is what I understand. I am now confused if I have to attach a letter of explanation telling them where I got my funds from :( .

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Oh alright! Fixed deposits are "fixed". It just sits in the FD account and generates interest every month. In this case, if I have all the money in my FD account, I DO NOT have to show my back statements. I just have to show them the FD advise and the bank letter that certifies that I actually have an FD account with them showing the date of opening and the amount in it. That is what I understand. I am now confused if I have to attach a letter of explanation telling them where I got my funds from :( .
No need to explain source of funds upfront if the monies have been around for more than 6 months in an account in your name (fixed or supersavings or savings or..). Just ensure that the bank certificate/letter mentions the average balance of last 6 months (or upload 6 months statements in lieu of that requirement).

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
No need to explain source of funds upfront if the monies have been around for more than 6 months in an account in your name (fixed or supersavings or savings or..). Just ensure that the bank certificate/letter mentions the average balance of last 6 months (or upload 6 months statements in lieu of that requirement).
Thanks Asivad! That answered my question!

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
Do u think I need any sort of statement from my wife, with regards to our joint account? We are both going to Canada, she is included in the EE profile, I am the PA, and the statement shows her as the coowner of the account where all the money for EE are saved.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michal said:
Do u think I need any sort of statement from my wife, with regards to our joint account? We are both going to Canada, she is included in the EE profile, I am the PA, and the statement shows her as the coowner of the account where all the money for EE are saved.
Not required. You are named in the account and she is part of the application.

ADteam

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone.
I am planning to create EE in September. I have funds in my account for 6 months. However first name is my husband's in that account and I am PA. He will be included in the application. Do you think that would be okay?

yengyeng

Jul 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb/March 2017
How about applicants with more than 1 account in Canada? Do we request for statement in all financial institutions showing debts as well? Asking for a friend

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
One of my friend has filed his application in FSW. He transferred all of the required amount for Pof just few days before submitting the application and didn't attach any LoE or declaration of gift of funds. His bank mentioned only current balance in the letter along with 6 months bank statement.

He got his PPR and is in Canada now.

But now I think I shouldn't have attached declarations for gifting funds and all. Don't know what will be the result now :'(
I can just pray.

Thanks
Silvi

dublinfunk

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
now i am worried, My bank just gave me the 6 months transaction history and not the average balance for the last 6 months :( That is the attachment I included in my application.

chaitanyaprsd1

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have 3 active accounts in two banks (TD & RBC). I did create a table with the name of the bank, account type, account number and the balance in each account in addition to the letters from the respective financial institution and the past 6 month statements stamped and signed by the bank executive.

yengyeng said:
How about applicants with more than 1 account in Canada? Do we request for statement in all financial institutions showing debts as well? Asking for a friend

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Silvi6 said:
One of my friend has filed his application in FSW. He transferred all of the required amount for Pof just few days before submitting the application and didn't attach any LoE or declaration of gift of funds. His bank mentioned only current balance in the letter along with 6 months bank statement.

He got his PPR and is in Canada now.

But now I think I shouldn't have attached declarations for gifting funds and all. Don't know what will be the result now :'(
I can just pray.

Thanks
Silvi
Your friend is either very lucky that CIC did not question their source of funds and doubt if those funds were borrowed or they haven't told you the full story.

CIC has rejected applicants over the years on suspicions of showcasing borrowed funds. In some cases, they have asked for clarifications as well. It probably depends on the officer assigned to the case. You have done the right thing by declaring the gift situation upfront.