Reasons for Rejection

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Got rejected.

Apparently, the POF evidence wasn't sufficiently clear to prove that my funds were net of outstanding debts and my application did not have additional document to support these letters. I did upload the LOE and I clearly remember that because that was the only thing that required explanation. Either the LOE wasn't good enough or it never transmitted in the first place. Anyways, I've created a fresh profile and entered the pool again (though Job Bank registration still says 'Pending' even though I got that EE pool acceptance mail in MyCIC, hope that is just a formality). And now that those funds have been in the bank untouched for almost 6 months, POF shouldn't be a problem the next time around. I'm also planning to send in a CSE but the rejection letter is pretty discouraging on that front - doesn't seem reopening the application is a possibility - but I'm going to try that nonetheless with strong supporting documents. Find the relevant edited portion of the rejection letter below.
Here's wishing everyone the best with their application! And hoping that I land another ITA soon. :)
PS: As I got rejected on POF grounds, that is further proof that 6/19ers got PER (Positive Eligibility Review) on their application else it would never have gotten this far.
Asivad,
It is extremely frustrating to know that it's a reject after this long wait. I am really sorry to know about that. You have been a great guide in this forum and all the good karma that you had done (specifically in this forum) will take you through to your end goal.

Good Luck!

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
I still believe that this isn't about credit card debts or other assorted mortgages that are and accepted part of 21st century lifestyles. My bank letter made no mention of those. I suspect that the VO was hinting about the 'unexplained' difference between average balance and present account balance situation - something I've advised countless times on this forum! Either the LOE did not go through or wasn't up to the mark in explaining the difference.

Hope the CSE route works else I'm all set for the next ITA whenever that is.
Are you saying that Avg amount for last 6 months should be more than the min amount mentioned??
I have submitted 6 months statement with last month indicating 19K (3 people). But, if they take avg of those 6 months from day, it wont be 19K..

Am I am same trouble ??? Now, I am freaking out...

liamE

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/07/2015
Asivad Anac said:
Yes. If you have a job in Canada and/or at least 1 year of full-time Canadian work experience (or equivalent part-time experience) you qualify under CEC which is exempt from POF requirements.
The CIC have updated the page on proof of funds, it now explicitly states that you have to be invited under CEC not just qualify for it!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maplemadness82 said:
Are you saying that Avg amount for last 6 months should be more than the min amount mentioned??
I have submitted 6 months statement with last month indicating 19K (3 people). But, if they take avg of those 6 months from day, it wont be 19K..

Am I am same trouble ??? Now, I am freaking out...
Not really. I'm saying what I've always maintained about POF. Make sure you explain any unreasonably large difference between average balance and present balance. If the explanation is 'missing' or not convincing enough, you could be rejected.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Asivad Anac said:
I still believe that this isn't about credit card debts or other assorted mortgages that are and accepted part of 21st century lifestyles. My bank letter made no mention of those. I suspect that the VO was hinting about the 'unexplained' difference between average balance and present account balance situation - something I've advised countless times on this forum! Either the LOE did not go through or wasn't up to the mark in explaining the difference.
So sorry to hear about this, what a pain. I suspect the VO believes you borrowed the money and did not prove otherwise. A letter from a parent declaring a gift is (apparently) not sufficient, I would suggest to others in this situation to provide evidence of the transaction - withdrawal from parent's account, deposit in your account. Alternatively, monthly statements showing individual transactions might be necessary (rather than just a bank letter with average balances) if there is a major change in the balance over time...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:
So sorry to hear about this, what a pain. I suspect the VO believes you borrowed the money and did not prove otherwise. A letter from a parent declaring a gift is (apparently) not sufficient, I would suggest to others in this situation to provide evidence of the transaction - withdrawal from parent's account, deposit in your account. Alternatively, monthly statements showing individual transactions might be necessary (rather than just a bank letter with average balances) if there is a major change in the balance over time...
Completely agree with that observation.

The gift letter must contain all possible details about that particular transaction (sender and receiver bank accounts, amounts, dates, wire transfer reference numbers etc) that must be supported by bank statements highlighting those credits into your account and an LOE which points the VO's attention to the specific transaction. No shortcuts there.

adi1989

Jan 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Got rejected.

Apparently, the POF evidence wasn't sufficiently clear to prove that my funds were net of outstanding debts and my application did not have additional document to support these letters. I did upload the LOE and I clearly remember that because that was the only thing that required explanation. Either the LOE wasn't good enough or it never transmitted in the first place. Anyways, I've created a fresh profile and entered the pool again (though Job Bank registration still says 'Pending' even though I got that EE pool acceptance mail in MyCIC, hope that is just a formality). And now that those funds have been in the bank untouched for almost 6 months, POF shouldn't be a problem the next time around. I'm also planning to send in a CSE but the rejection letter is pretty discouraging on that front - doesn't seem reopening the application is a possibility - but I'm going to try that nonetheless with strong supporting documents. Find the relevant edited portion of the rejection letter below.

Here's wishing everyone the best with their application! And hoping that I land another ITA soon. :)

PS: As I got rejected on POF grounds, that is further proof that 6/19ers got PER (Positive Eligibility Review) on their application else it would never have gotten this far.

Sorry to hear that bud
Have faith. I am sure you would get it next time.

rezasorna

Star Member
May 21, 2013
liamE said:
The CIC have updated the page on proof of funds, it now explicitly states that you have to be invited under CEC not just qualify for it!
You are right! They updated it yesterday :(
I am inside Canada, and have a LMIA-exempt job. Got invited under FSW although I am also qualified as CEC. I don't have that 12000$. It seems I have to turn down my ITA. I heard people in the same situation as me got their PPR, but not sure if it will be different from now.
The weird thing is that in my profile, I mentioned 5000$ as my funds and also no LMIA, still I was qualified as FSW. It is very weird. Why the software behind the profiles, behave differently than the regulations in their own website. Any idea?

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Hi Asivad, i've been a silent reader to your posts. Just saw that your case got rejected. I'm very sorry to hear that, but, as you said, you will get another ITA soon. :) So you have every reason be positive!!

billie424

Nov 10, 2014
Hi Asivad, I am very sorry to hear that you got rejected your posts have helped me a lot. I will pray for you tonight and I hope you get ita and Pr soon

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
@Asivad Anac - Sorry to hear about rejection.

At which step of the process it got rejected ?
Are they going to return Processing fee ?

Thanks
Silvi

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
Sorry to hear about your rejected case.

I have been rejected so many times that I do not remember. Unfortunately, CIC does not often send enquiry e-mails (and by law, they do not have to) if they have any uncertainty about your application. My applications were rejected due to these issues.

Good luck in your next application. If your EE score is high enough you will surely get another invitation.

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
Silvi6 said:
@ Asivad Anac - Sorry to hear about rejection.

At which step of the process it got rejected ?
Are they going to return Processing fee ?

Thanks
Silvi
Application fee is charged after completeness check. Then an officer starts reviewing the application. After the beginning of the review, there is no return of the application fee.

Here is my two cents: if one applies for Canadian immigration it may not be beneficial to expect the return of application fee if your app gets rejected. $1000 or more is a lot for people in some countries but unfortunately it is not a lot to Canadians. Indeed, many people hire lawyers and they costs much more (easily over $4000 on top of your application fees). CIC works close-door and thus the success rate of an application is not high. I am not trying to discourage but this is how it works based on my personal and others' experience on this forum.

adi1989

Jan 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

can someone elaborate the pof criteria for an individual who is cuuently employed in canada but applying under FSW.
Do we still need to show proof of funds or not.