+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG12

Sep 22, 2016
Hey all. Good to see so much positivity here. I have Crs - 466 (with spouse) and I missed the OINP draw in february under human capital priority stream by 1 point (467-471). Is there any chances for this draw to happen in next 2-3 months, any ideas ? I am also waiting for FSW draw, hoping it will fall below 470 !

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Hey all. Good to see so much positivity here. I have Crs - 466 (with spouse) and I missed the OINP draw in february under human capital priority stream by 1 point (467-471). Is there any chances for this draw to happen in next 2-3 months, any ideas ? I am also waiting for FSW draw, hoping it will fall below 470 !
What would be the score if you don't accompany your wife?

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
OINP issues LOI base on the general draw trend .If the general draw CRS reduces to 470 OINP will likely invite those below 470 and vice versa.so remain optimistic and i also think 466 is not a bad score at this time . We just hope that the FSW draw continues and in a more rapid manner.

Reactions: PG12

PG12

Sep 22, 2016
OINP issues LOI base on the general draw trend .If the general draw CRS reduces to 470 OINP will likely invite those below 470 and vice versa.so remain optimistic and i also think 466 is not a bad score at this time . We just hope that the FSW draw continues and in a more rapid manner.
Good information. Thanks !

QuinAby

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-10-2023
Reading through some of the comments I just want to thank everyone who wants the best for me. I will still be on the forum until August and at which point I will completely give up on being able to immigrate to Canada.

There are many abuses within the system that I have seen mainly through the LMIA and FSW streams and hopefully I can help legitimate immigrants who wish to bypass the minefield of immigration.

Unfortunately shady consultants and lawyers who have used the law to enrich themselves just make it incredibly difficult for legitimate immigrants who wish to move permanently incredibly difficult.

We have already seen a knock on effect where international students who come here to do a diploma or degree no longer can depend on a certain future if they wish to make Canada their permanent abode.
There was no draw yesterday...What happened?

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
There was no draw yesterday...What happened?
There was never meant to be one yesterday. No one knows when they will happen. Before COVID, the norm was once every 2 weeks. The last draw occurred on July 8th, which would peg the next one as happening next week. But that's, as always, at IRCC's discretion, not a given.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Do you really think that? Because as per different analysis people been doing lately, there is very little chance for CRS to fall below 470. let's hope for the best.
It's influx that would determine the score. It's only plausible for the scores to plummet because when the score was hovering around 470s, IELTS and ECA were in full flow and that is not the case at this time.

Well, we will get a clearer picture next week. Funny thing is, they might not conduct a general draw next week; we might see another CEC draw - especially if IRCC do not want the score of general draw to fall below 470.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Once general scores start there is no reason for them to stop. Expect scores to be at the minimum 470 for the rest of 2020
Are you suggesting that they will reduce the number of invites just to keep it at 470? Because if they keep up with the 3900 invitations, it will definitely go below 470 after few rounds of draws.

Reactions: Sunilneha

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
Are you suggesting that they will reduce the number of invites just to keep it at 470? Because if they keep up with the 3900 invitations, it will definitely go below 470 after few rounds of draws.
I think everything is returning to normal. The world will get used to the coronavirus and that is why all program draws are back otherwise there is no reason to bring them back. People will start entering the pool at above 470 as per the pre covid trends.

This is why I am suggesting that international students should finish their undergrad in their home country if they wish to permanently immigrate to Canada.

dan_8

Jun 25, 2020
I have a question on OINP. Please help me on this.

After my BS degree I worked under NOC 1114 for 4 years. Then I did my masters in US (different field) and have TA experience more than 1 year. I plan to select my TA as primary occupation since its my new filed of work. I am taking the exam in august and if everything goes well I will have CRS 463.

I saw that NOC 1114 is an OINP category. Should I select it as my primary occupation ? It may help me to get the OINP but I am no longer in that field. Please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.