+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
One of the most confusing aspects of the entire process is PROOF OF FUNDS. I'd really appreciate if someone can post a few useful blogs, web pages, threads dedicated to the same.
What about proof of funds is confusing? If you have any question post here. It is quite simple, you should have the amount of funds required in your local currency in ideally a bank account and you should be able to show the source as well.

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
Hello everyone,
Please I need sincere answers on my case, thank you.
I am in the pool with unaccompanied spouse at 468,
but with my spouse added we will be on 461 .
If you were to be in my position will you continue the process as unaccompanied spouse or wait for the scores to drop to 461 and everyone moves together ?
NB : I am currently running master hopefully I get done by August 2021, which is also my birthday and I start losing points for my age
I think waiting for scores to drop to 461 might be too much of a stretch. Look at the score history and see how long ago was it that someone with a 461 was invited.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hi, please see IRCC Twitter where they confirm that the duration of the 2nd qualification does not matter, and again please also see their tweet here
Don't bank on those twitter guys responses as it's merely generic and does not in anyway represent the stance of the Visa Officers that would treat cases in real time. It's best to refer to the website for any information regarding immigration.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hello everyone,
Please I need sincere answers on my case, thank you.
I am in the pool with unaccompanied spouse at 468,
but with my spouse added we will be on 461 .
If you were to be in my position will you continue the process as unaccompanied spouse or wait for the scores to drop to 461 and everyone moves together ?
NB : I am currently running master hopefully I get done by August 2021, which is also my birthday and I start losing points for my age
I'd go unaccompanied and file for my partner after few months. You stand a good chance of getting an invitation with 468 but with 461? No one can say for sure that scores would drop that low. Also, no one can really say how the second wave of covid-19 is going to affect Canadian immigration process. I'd suggest that you leave it unaccompanied, wait for a couple more draws before accepting the invitation. If the score drops to as low as 463 and there's a realistic chance of getting invited in the subsequent draw, I'd cancel the initially ITA and wait for the next draw.

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Congrats on being close to finishing your master's. Please bear in mind you need to send your degree certificate for ECA, not your transcript, so you will need to wait for graduation, right?
Also please check which one of the organizations (WES, IQAS, CES, etc.) have the shortest processing times before you choose one. :)
For ECA, I submitted it through WES back in April. I submitted my complete transcript, as I finished my Master's degree in the US in December 2019. Didn't need to submit my degree certificate, and got the accreditation from WES early May.
Is this fine, or why do you say that the degree certificate is needed rather than the transcript?

Mandeepchadha85

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
What about proof of funds is confusing? If you have any question post here. It is quite simple, you should have the amount of funds required in your local currency in ideally a bank account and you should be able to show the source as well.
1. What if one wants to show some funds from personal and some from spouse's funds? How to go about it? Will independent accounts do or does one require a joint account?
2. Does one need to start gathering funds post ita or is it advisable to start gathering before that?
3. What about FDs, mutual funds, etc.?
4. Documents required. Some posts mention bank document, others have also mentioned form 16, salary statement, credit card statements, etc.
5. Should one start getting documents post ita or can do before that?
6. How do gift deeds work? What if my wife is the primary candidate but my parents gave transferred money as gift to my ( secondary applicant) account?

Tanglechuu

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
1. What if one wants to show some funds from personal and some from spouse's funds? How to go about it? Will independent accounts do or does one require a joint account?
2. Does one need to start gathering funds post ita or is it advisable to start gathering before that?
3. What about FDs, mutual funds, etc.?
4. Documents required. Some posts mention bank document, others have also mentioned form 16, salary statement, credit card statements, etc.
5. Should one start getting documents post ita or can do before that?
6. How do gift deeds work? What if my wife is the primary candidate but my parents gave transferred money as gift to my ( secondary applicant) account?
This page should be useful to you.

1. You do not need a joint account, as long as the spouse is accompanying. You do need a document stating that the money in the spouse's account is free to use. You must prove that the primary applicant has access to the money.
2. Gather funds as early as possible. One of the requirements for the proof of funds is that the letter must show your account balance for the past 6 months. The balance does not need to be above the proof of funds for all six months but if you have a sudden influx of money right at the end they will likely be suspicious and you will need to explain it. They want to know that the money will still be there when you land.
3. The money has to be free for you to use immediately, and it must be a stable source, so not stocks or a retirement fund. Ideally it's in a savings account.
4. The only requirement is a statement from your bank, as stated on their site. Here is the exact wording they say:

For proof, you must get official letters from any banks or financial institutions where you’re keeping money.
Letter(s) must
  • be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead
  • include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
  • include your name
  • list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
  • include, for each current bank and investment account, the
    • account numbers
    • date each account was opened
    • current balance of each account
    • average balance for the past 6 months
The reason you will see some people getting bank statements, etc, is because their bank c
would not print the letter with everything IRCC asked for, so they are trying to cover all the requirements, and then they will provide a letter of explanation saying why they didn't give the letter in the correct format and what they did provide. If you can get the document with everything they ask then its fine. My bank would not put my account number on the letter so we printed out a statement with my account number on it and they stamped it for me.
5. If you are not sure when you will get an ITA then its better to wait, as I found it was very easy to get this letter from my bank. My score was 481 so I was 100% certain I would be drawn, which is why I got it slightly early. It allowed me to apply immediately when I got the ITA and it took one more thing off my plate. You want it to be dated as recently as possible because IRCC is trying to see your current funds.
6. Not sure how gift deeds work but many people use them (I did not). Again, you need to prove the primary applicant has access to these funds somehow.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
Reading through some of the comments I just want to thank everyone who wants the best for me. I will still be on the forum until August and at which point I will completely give up on being able to immigrate to Canada.

There are many abuses within the system that I have seen mainly through the LMIA and FSW streams and hopefully I can help legitimate immigrants who wish to bypass the minefield of immigration.

Unfortunately shady consultants and lawyers who have used the law to enrich themselves just make it incredibly difficult for legitimate immigrants who wish to move permanently incredibly difficult.

We have already seen a knock on effect where international students who come here to do a diploma or degree no longer can depend on a certain future if they wish to make Canada their permanent abode.

oppositeofaproblem

Dec 30, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html#wb-auto-11

No combination which states the second qualification is less than a year.

But if you want to go by the twitter response, have at it.
I appreciate what you're saying however, if they specify that at least one programme must be for three years or more, would they not specify that the additional program has to be at least a year? If your second qualification is assessed as a (for example) graduate certificate, what difference does it make if its for 9 months?

I also don't think they just have someone completely clueless writing Twitter responses - surely these things are verified before giving answers from the official account?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I think they don't specify because there is an element of judgment, what exactly is equivalent to a 1 year diploma is something which they might interpret in different ways, as you said a diploma course which is 9 months long in practice might be considered as equivalent to 1 year diploma. This is particularly true for the U.K where they have a lot of accelerated programs where you finish earlier than the normal length of the program. However, the equivalency is the same because the coursework is the same, just the time frame is accelerated.

As for the twitter feed, take it with a grain of salt, these guys are not full-fledged immigration officers, neither are the people who answer the hotline. We've had inconsistent and patently incorrect things said by the people on the hotline.

If you want to take what they say as the gospel truth, you do so at your own risk. I put much more credence in what they say on the official web site as part of their criteria and program instructions, that's what the immigration officers will base themselves on, because they are sourced straight from the legislation which governs immigration.

Last edited:

oppositeofaproblem

Dec 30, 2019
I think they don't specify because there is an element of judgment, what exactly is equivalent to a 1 year diploma is something which they might interpret in different ways, as you said a diploma course which is 9 months long in practice might be considered as equivalent to 1 year diploma. This is particularly true for the U.K where the have a lot of accelerated programs where you finish earlier than the normal length of the program. However, the equivalency is the same.

As for the twitter feed, take it with a grain of salt, these guys are not full-fledged immigration officers, neither are the people who answer the hotline. We've had inconsistently and patently incorrect things said by the people on the hotline.

If you want to take what they say as the gospel truth, you do so at your own risk. I put much more credence in what they say on the official web site as part of their criteria and program instructions, that's what the immigration officers will base themselves on, because they are sourced straight from the legislation which governs immigration.
That's fair. Fortunately my IQAS doesn't specify 1 semester, etc. it just says a Graduate Certificate, so I hopefully will be okay on the two or more certificates!

Status
Not open for further replies.