+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

mateu__15

Jan 4, 2023
29/04/24: Online Application
14/06: AOR - Account linked - Police certificate requested for wife - Brazil
17/06: Biometrics completed
21/06: Received Police certificate
02/07: Police certificate requested for me - Ireland (I applied before receiving it because it was around 60 days to get it and I didn't want to wait)
03/07: Received Police certificate - Email with Pre-arrival Letter
04/07: Requested Medical Exam for both
05/07: Completed Medical Exam
11/07: Medical Exam Passed
05/08: P1 received and replied saying my wife will be out of Canada from X for Y days.
....P2
...EcoPR

mateu__15

Jan 4, 2023
It's the moment you receive eCoPR, which happens anywhere between 1 days and 6 weeks after P2. You also have 7 days to reply to P2. And sometimes they send P2 faster (depends on your VO). If you want to be on the safe side then inform them you will be travelling and you return at a given date. It will delay P2 and eCoPR by the period of your travel but at least you will be sure that you will return to Canada.
Thank you for this! I replied the email informing our situation.

Reactions: nzkko

Olutoyor01

Nov 18, 2023
My application status has been saying processing since MAY 21, 2024, they requested for additional information which I sent, they confirm receipt by June 20 saying 'We are reviewing the additional documents you provided. " And also " We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." Ever since then I have not heard anything, do I need to be worried at this stage? heard background check should not take more than 2 months any one with the same experience and what should I do?

sikander7

Jul 7, 2023
Hello, I have some doubts about the procedure after the CSQ approval.

I already sent the requested documents and took the test of values of Quebec this month. I am waiting for the answer but my open work permit has expired and I am staying in Quebec as a visitor.

If I understood correctly, in about 2 months I should have an answer about my application. If it is accepted, I get the CSQ which I would receive in 2 or 3 more months. And only when I receive the CSQ I could apply for a new work permit, is that right?
Is there a way to apply for a work permit as soon as my application is approved or do I have to wait until I receive the CSQ?
If there is someone who has gone through a similar situation it would help me a lot to know their times because I would like to decide if it is better for me to continue waiting here or if it takes too long and it is better to wait in my country.

Thanks
Getting CSQ does not guarantee a Work Permit. They might invite you for an open work permit if they think you are eligible. The CSQ Open Work Permit is not available for everyone. With CSQ, you will be able to apply for PR. So, I think you should consult an Immigration Lawyer, who can guide you thorough your predicament.

Reactions: mshidi06

sikander7

Jul 7, 2023
My application status has been saying processing since MAY 21, 2024, they requested for additional information which I sent, they confirm receipt by June 20 saying 'We are reviewing the additional documents you provided. " And also " We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." Ever since then I have not heard anything, do I need to be worried at this stage? heard background check should not take more than 2 months any one with the same experience and what should I do?
I think processing time for background check depends upon individuals past life. For example, if a person has lot travel history or he/she has worked in multiple countries, moreover also if someone has worked for a military or not. So I think the time taken is depended on your individual case.

sam_h

Feb 14, 2024
It depends. Have you taken both biometrics and medical exam?

Olutoyor01

Nov 18, 2023
I think processing time for background check depends upon individuals past life. For example, if a person has lot travel history or he/she has worked in multiple countries, moreover also if someone has worked for a military or not. So I think the time taken is depended on your individual case.
I haven't done any of this, so i am wondering why it's taken this much time? do i need to message them or what? and if yes how do I do that?

sam_h

Feb 14, 2024
After biometrics and submitting additional documents, waiting 2 months to receive a medical request is normal. you may submit a web form if the time surpasses 2 months.

Maysaa

Nov 8, 2018
Hello,
I had my medical exam passed on 1st of august but now, I don’t understand why on my clegc my medical result is empty and the background is marked as not applicable

Maysaa

Nov 8, 2018
Ask the clinique where you took the medical exam. make sure they have submitted it.
which Clinique?
IRCC picked my last medical exam (i did it on 2020 for my student visa), it was marked as done on my clegc account and 2 days later it disappeared