+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

sikander7

Jul 7, 2023
Our Timeline
Arrima Invitation: 29-Jun-2023
Applied and Payment Done : 25-Jul-2023
AOR: 23-Aug-2023
Additional Documents Sent: 25-Oct-2023
CSQ Received: 12-Jan-2024

PR Timeline: VO: Sydney, 3 Persons, Outland Applicant
PR Applied: 22-May-2024
AOR and Biometrics Request: 12-Jul-2024
Biometrics Done and Updated in GC Key: 22-Jul-2024

Will Keep Posting....!

Reactions: sam_h

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
Hey guys, I'm looking for some help here.
I'm trying to fill the online form IMM 5669 in the PR portal so I can submit my application.
The problem is that there are many places where there is just not enough space to answer. I searched and I read about making a new document for each answer and I did it but I'm just not sure in which section should I upload the file.
Is it in the additional documents section as a "letter of explanation"? thank you!

mshidi06

Jun 25, 2024
Hello, I have some doubts about the procedure after the CSQ approval.

I already sent the requested documents and took the test of values of Quebec this month. I am waiting for the answer but my open work permit has expired and I am staying in Quebec as a visitor.

If I understood correctly, in about 2 months I should have an answer about my application. If it is accepted, I get the CSQ which I would receive in 2 or 3 more months. And only when I receive the CSQ I could apply for a new work permit, is that right?
Is there a way to apply for a work permit as soon as my application is approved or do I have to wait until I receive the CSQ?
If there is someone who has gone through a similar situation it would help me a lot to know their times because I would like to decide if it is better for me to continue waiting here or if it takes too long and it is better to wait in my country.

Thanks

nzkko

Star Member
May 13, 2024
It is not so straightforward. Here is all you need to know: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/quebec-cases/labour-market-impact-assessment-exempt-work-permit-renewals-extensions-certain-quebec-selection-holders.html

Key requirements:
  • at the time of submission, have existing authorization to work or be eligible to have authorization to work restored or approved because they either
    • have a valid work permit (including an open work permit) or held a work permit immediately before losing their status
    • have applied to extend their work permit before it expired (maintained status and authorization to work without a permit under subsection R186(u)) or
    • are eligible to apply for a work permit from within Canada under an active public policy
  • have obtained an offer of employment number (A#) from an employer located in Quebec for employment in Quebec

Note that if you leave Quebec you are not eligible for this stream. There is another option: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/quebec-cases/csq-outside-quebec.html

Last edited:
Reactions: mshidi06

matchayuki

May 12, 2024
Update..

10/12/2023 - PR application sent.
10/17/2023 - AOR email received, Request for documents (proof of partners citizenship), Request to link accounts, and request for Biometrics Payment.
10/17/2023 - Documents requested and Biometrics recite sent.
1/4/2024 - Request for Medical Examination.
1/9/2024 - Medical Exam complete, waiting for results.
1/13/2024 - Medical Exam Passed. -
3/25/2024 - Biometrics Requested,
3/25/2024 - Biometrics Booked.
4/2/2024 - Biometrics Done..
4/10/2024 - 1st Email received asking to confirm I'm still in Canada and that they will soon invite me to upload a picture of myself for the PR card.
5/3/2024 - 2nd Email received, confirmed my house address, that I was in Canada and send a passport photo for my PR card.
5/8/2024 - Confirmation of Permanent Residency approved, eCOPR downloaded.
6/17/2024 - PR card Arrived..

Job done..
Congrats!! Did you need proof of funds when sending in your application or when receiving eCOPR? I tried reading on their website but it wasn't really clear.

sam_h

Feb 14, 2024
Hi Guys. After asking for a medical exam by IRCC, how many days do we have time to take it? (for example, for biometrics it is stated we have to take it within 30 days)

sam_h

Feb 14, 2024
Hello, I have some doubts about the procedure after the CSQ approval.

I already sent the requested documents and took the test of values of Quebec this month. I am waiting for the answer but my open work permit has expired and I am staying in Quebec as a visitor.

If I understood correctly, in about 2 months I should have an answer about my application. If it is accepted, I get the CSQ which I would receive in 2 or 3 more months. And only when I receive the CSQ I could apply for a new work permit, is that right?
Is there a way to apply for a work permit as soon as my application is approved or do I have to wait until I receive the CSQ?
If there is someone who has gone through a similar situation it would help me a lot to know their times because I would like to decide if it is better for me to continue waiting here or if it takes too long and it is better to wait in my country.

Thanks
My CSQ took 6 months (as an inland applicant). you can apply for a new work permit or extend it if you are eligible. It does not have an opposition to CSQ application if you are an inland applicant.

nzkko

Star Member
May 13, 2024
Hi Guys. After asking for a medical exam by IRCC, how many days do we have time to take it? (for example, for biometrics it is stated we have to take it within 30 days)
30 days. The date of taking the exam counts, not the date of the clinic sending the results.

Reactions: sam_h

sam_h

Feb 14, 2024
Hey guys, I'm looking for some help here.
I'm trying to fill the online form IMM 5669 in the PR portal so I can submit my application.
The problem is that there are many places where there is just not enough space to answer. I searched and I read about making a new document for each answer and I did it but I'm just not sure in which section should I upload the file.
Is it in the additional documents section as a "letter of explanation"? thank you!
you should put it in an additional document, and explain (the purpose of putting additional) within the context of the letter of explanation

mateu__15

Jan 4, 2023
Hey Guys. My situation: Today 05/August I received the P1 Email I have to answer in 7 days.
Question: The moment we receive P2 we lose our Status or the moment I upload photo and address?

This is because my wife is traveling outside Canada in 5 days for 30 days.
I saw that 20 days is the average time between P1 and P2. So in my calculations something will not be good.

We are thinking in answer P1 in the sixth day to give her more time outside.

nzkko

Star Member
May 13, 2024
Hey Guys. My situation: Today 05/August I received the P1 Email I have to answer in 7 days.
Question: The moment we receive P2 we lose our Status or the moment I upload photo and address?

This is because my wife is traveling outside Canada in 5 days for 30 days.
I saw that 20 days is the average time between P1 and P2. So in my calculations something will not be good.

We are thinking in answer P1 in the sixth day to give her more time outside.
It's the moment you receive eCoPR, which happens anywhere between 1 days and 6 weeks after P2. You also have 7 days to reply to P2. And sometimes they send P2 faster (depends on your VO). If you want to be on the safe side then inform them you will be travelling and you return at a given date. It will delay P2 and eCoPR by the period of your travel but at least you will be sure that you will return to Canada.