18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
Alugart said:
STILLHOPE thank you for your answer, I will send the documents for processing once I have full 6 months of experience, just to be safe.

I wanted to verify how I calculated my points for QSW program:

Bachelors Degree in Business Administration (4 years) 10 pts
+It is listed in Preferred Areas of training list 6 pts
Work Experience (6-11 months) 4 pts
Age (22) 16 pts
French Language (have DELF A2 certificate) 6 pts (not sure if you get 6 for A2... any ideas?) yes u will get 6 poins if u pass delf a2, so have u allready passed the delf a2 or not
English Language (IELTS Academic Module 7.5 overall band) 6 pts
Haven't been to Quebec, don't have any relatives there. -
Single, no children. -
No job offer. -
Adaptability (worked in US 3 times on contracts, young,
familiar with how things work on that continent etc.) 6 pts u will get these point at the time of interview
Financial sufficiency 1 pts

And according to Grille synthese des facteurs et criteres applicables a la selection des travailleurs qualifies (Reglement du 14 octobre 2009) you need 55 pts to meet the requirements of QSW. Is it true? yes

Can someone checking this one for me?:D Would appreciate the help!

dez

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/11/11
AOR Received.
3/07/12
hi stillhope. i'm back seeking some guidance.

1. i got my B1 results last friday. i passed very well but like i told you before, my listening section is very poor (just managed to get enough points for the score to register). now, i'm going to follow your advice and use these results. my question is what do i put my level of comprehension orale to be on the form? since i failed comprehension orale in B1 do I put the A2 results on the form

2. on the form, what is the B1 level. is it debutant( beginner) 3? i'm confused. so please kindly help me here.

3. since my office is paris. do (must) i fill the french application form (coz that's where we are directed).

4. i'm having a bit of a problem with my employer regarding letters. it's not easy to ask but i have obtained a statement from the national social security fund with details about my employer, company registration number, my nssf registration number and upto date contributions (sep). i have read that this is most of the info they want included in the letter from employer. if i then only include my appointment letter would that be enough? can i explain to them that my employer won't give me a letter? can you suggest any other document that would be helpful here, if i can get and include?

5. related to the above, is the issue of my duties at work. can i use the contract of employment, my duties are listed there.

sorry this is long but i'd be truly grateful if you can share your thots. thanks.

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
dez said:

1. i got my B1 results last friday. i passed very well but like i told you before, my listening section is very poor (just managed to get enough points for the score to register). now, i'm going to follow your advice and use these results. my question is what do i put my level of comprehension orale to be on the form? since i failed comprehension orale in B1 do I put the A2 results on the form. Lets wait from Stillhope to answer that.

2. on the form, what is the B1 level. is it debutant( beginner) 3? i'm confused. so please kindly help me here.

3. since my office is paris. do (must) i fill the french application form (coz that's where we are directed). You can also use the form in English.

4. i'm having a bit of a problem with my employer regarding letters. it's not easy to ask but i have obtained a statement from the national social security fund with details about my employer, company registration number, my nssf registration number and upto date contributions (sep). i have read that this is most of the info they want included in the letter from employer. if i then only include my appointment letter would that be enough? can i explain to them that my employer won't give me a letter? yes you can explain it to them in your cover letter and mention your all the duties on the job on a separate sheet. can you suggest any other document that would be helpful here, if i can get and include? You can also use your bank statement to prove your incoming salary.

5. related to the above, is the issue of my duties at work. can i use the contract of employment, my duties are listed there. Yes you can use that.

sorry this is long but i'd be truly grateful if you can share your thots. thanks.

dez

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/11/11
AOR Received.
3/07/12
thanks fresco

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
dez said:

1. i got my B1 results last friday. i passed very well but like i told you before, my listening section is very poor (just managed to get enough points for the score to register). now, i'm going to follow your advice and use these results. my question is what do i put my level of comprehension orale to be on the form? since i failed comprehension orale in B1 do I put the A2 results on the form better send your both of result but tick 4 in listening and 5 in speaking. Sending B1 result show them that u r learning their language to settle down in quebe and u r really serious to settle down there. , how much u score in listening any way and how much is your total score in B!

2. on the form, what is the B1 level. is it debutant( beginner) 3? i'm confused. so please kindly help me here.3-4 for a2 and 5 or 6 for B1
3. since my office is paris. do (must) i fill the french application form (coz that's where we are directed).
4. i'm having a bit of a problem with my employer regarding letters. it's not easy to ask but i have obtained a statement from the national social security fund with details about my employer, company registration number, my nssf registration number and upto date contributions (sep). i have read that this is most of the info they want included in the letter from employer. if i then only include my appointment letter would that be enough? can i explain to them that my employer won't give me a letter? can you suggest any other document that would be helpful here, if i can get and include?

5. related to the above, is the issue of my duties at work. can i use the contract of employment, my duties are listed thereand rest of your question Fresco allready explained u.
sorry this is long but i'd be truly grateful if you can share your thots. thanks. hope this help u

dez

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/11/11
AOR Received.
3/07/12
thanks stillhope

i got 68.5 overall but only 6.5 in listening. my speaking marks are very good though. i really don't know what to make of the score coz what matters is speaking and i failed! anyways thanks for your advice, i'll tick 4 for listening and 5 for speaking and send both the A2 and B1. i hope they'll look at my A2 score ( i got 83.5 and 18 in listening) and see i'm not completely hopeless. I'm also planning to write a letter, in french, just to explain that i'm working really hard on my listening. don't know if it will help but since my score is really bad, i feel i need to explain. thanks again for your help.

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet

Brrandon

May 17, 2011
I received my first AOR today! It is dated 28 September 2011 :) They mispelled my last name though! (by one letter, they used one "L" instead of two).

Timeline
Documents sent: August 11, 2011
Received at MICC: Unknown, estimate August 17-18, 2011 (sent via US mail)
Credit card charged: September 19, 2011
AOR dated: 28 September 2011
Received first AOR: 4 October, 2011

Hopefully more good news to come in the future!

agnes_blush27

Star Member
Jun 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 2, 2011
Doc's Request.
financial suff sept. 24
Nomination.....
Soon
AOR Received.
sept. 23 dated sept.12
File Transfer...
june 13 sent application to ns: july 19 aor received from ns
Med's Request
In God's time
Med's Done....
In God's time
Interview........
may 31
Passport Req..
In God's time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's time
LANDED..........
In God's time
Didu receive your aor via email or snail mail?what is your vo?

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Brrandon said:
I received my first AOR today! It is dated 28 September 2011 :) They mispelled my last name though! (by one letter, they used one "L" instead of two).

Timeline

Congrautlations Brrandon - wish you all the best in future.

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
dez said:
thanks stillhope

i got 68.5 overall but only 6.5 in listening. my speaking marks are very good though. i really don't know what to make of the score coz what matters is speaking and i failed! anyways thanks for your advice, i'll tick 4 for listening and 5 for speaking and send both the A2 and B1. i hope they'll look at my A2 score ( i got 83.5 and 18 in listening) and see i'm not completely hopeless. I'm also planning to write a letter, in french, just to explain that i'm working really hard on my listening. don't know if it will help but since my score is really bad, i feel i need to explain. thanks again for your help.dont worry send your delf b1 result and give self statement in french that how u r learning from where and what sources you are using to learn french this will make positive impact on your applications.

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
Brrandon said:
I received my first AOR today! It is dated 28 September 2011 :) They mispelled my last name though! (by one letter, they used one "L" instead of two). congratulation for your aor and send them email first regarding spelling mistake in your name so they can correct before further communications.

Timeline

Brrandon

May 17, 2011
Stillhope,

I have a question and you might be able to answer. When it says "Area of Training," does that refer to one's profession/job? I think I may have calculated my points wrong (if I did, I will have more than what I thought I did). I see on the list of preferred training in category B that "Insurance and Financial Services" receive an additional 12 points.

My studies are B.Sc in Political Science but I have been working as an insurance adjuster/professional for almost two years. I also have experience in banking as well. Will I receive priority points for that either of those?

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
Brrandon said:
Stillhope,

I have a question and you might be able to answer. When it says "Area of Training," does that refer to one's profession/job? No subjects u studied in your degree level I think I may have calculated my points wrong (if I did, I will have more than what I thought I did). I see on the list of preferred training in category B that "Insurance and Financial Services" receive an additional 12 points. from where u did your studies

My studies are B.Sc in Political Science if your job is related to political science then u will get points for your area of training but your study is from an other subject and doing job which is not related to your study so u will not get points for your area of training in Insurance and Financial services . to get this points u have to study insurance and related subjects in your degree but I have been working as an insurance adjuster/professional for almost two years. I also have experience in banking as well. Will I receive priority points for that either of those?