+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program

PKMCL

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
sameer004 said:
My friend who is a nurse applied in mar 2012 got interview on nov . and i applied on sept 2011 still waiting. i have been from last 11 months like you can see from my signature. i have no clue yaar tobe honest . just send the ielts as well if you havent sent them already. or may bcause she is in prority list she been called. but whatever the case is waiting is the main test i guess. I hoping most of us will have our turn in this nov12 some of the guys have been called to HK for interview. lol..........hang in there pal you will have you turn soon.
ok, thanks a lot.

sarkes01

Apr 19, 2012
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 Aug'14
AOR Received.
17 Dec'14
File Transfer...
26Jan'15
Med's Request
05 Jan'15
Med's Done....
06 Jan'15
sameer004 said:
My friend who is a nurse applied in mar 2012 got interview on nov . and i applied on sept 2011 still waiting. i have been from last 11 months like you can see from my signature. i have no clue yaar tobe honest . just send the ielts as well if you havent sent them already. or may bcause she is in prority list she been called. but whatever the case is waiting is the main test i guess. I hoping most of us will have our turn in this nov12 some of the guys have been called to HK for interview. lol..........hang in there pal you will have you turn soon.
I am leaving in Bangladesh(Asia).I submitted my file on mid of March'2011 and received acknowledgement on 23 April'2011 after that respected authority completely silent till now!!!
I've completed my MBA (In Finance & Accounting) now I am doing ACCA. I am working in an International developing organization as Finance person and my working experience is five years. My spouse is a university lecturer and her education background is English. We both are qualified in DELF A/1. Now we are waiting for our TCFQ exam. We are waiting for CSQ but how long!!!

Do you have any suggestion or experience please share with us

mohde4

Jul 4, 2012
Hi everyone,
Please let know about my following situations know that i am the principle applicant:
1)I hold bachelors degree in biosystems engineering(in 2009) and master degree in civil engineering\water resources and environment field(in 2012), how many points will we get ,6,12,Nothing?

2)Our French language level is 0 but I passed IELTS with scores 6.5 speaking, 5.0 Listening and the total points will be 63 or 64 (without the adaptability points),is that mean that i will be waived from the interview know that i have no French?

sameer004

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-2013 Received on ....:17-May-2013 . PER .... -29/7/2013الله أكبر
File Transfer...
02-Sept-2013
Med's Request
07-Jan-2014
mohde4 said:
Hi everyone,
Please let know about my following situations know that i am the principle applicant:
1)I hold bachelors degree in biosystems engineering(in 2009) and master degree in civil engineering\water resources and environment field(in 2012), how many points will we get ,6,12,Nothing?

2)Our French language level is 0 but I passed IELTS with scores 6.5 speaking, 5.0 Listening and the total points will be 63 or 64 (without the adaptability points),is that mean that i will be waived from the interview know that i have no French?

99.99 % - NO

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
I really DO NOT understand why people with NO French at all want to apply for Quebec?? Would you apply for China or Russia if you did not speak the language??

mohde4

Jul 4, 2012
Master7 said:
I really DO NOT understand why people with NO French at all want to apply for Quebec?? Would you apply for China or Russia if you did not speak the language??
One of the declarations
"I DECLARE that I wish to live in Québec within the framework of and abiding by its common values, and that I want to learn French, if I do not speak it already."
Adding to that the Government of Quebec conducts free French sessions for the new immigrants.

Nms1

Sep 15, 2012
Dear all,

Seven months ago, i evaluated my chances to be accepted in a joint application and i found that 2 points are missing. Since me and my husband are french educated we decided to take french tests in order to earn more points.
We did well.. I got the delf B2 with a 95% grade and he passed the TEF (getting c1 en comprehension orale and b1 en expression orale).. I don't know how many points his grades will add but i know that we already are in the safe zone.

The problem is that once i got the french certifications, i realized that there is no more chance to apply this year and that we have to wait until the next year. I am missing anything here?

I re-evaluate our chances hoping to find a way to apply.. My husband has a bachelor degree in mechanical engineering and i have a master's degree in computer and communication engineering, both from a foreign university, and these fields don't seem to be a Quebec priority. Plus, we haven't been in Canada before and our canadian family members are aunts and uncles.

So to resume, we have to wait until 31 march 2013. Is that the case?

Thanks in advance

sameer004

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-2013 Received on ....:17-May-2013 . PER .... -29/7/2013الله أكبر
File Transfer...
02-Sept-2013
Med's Request
07-Jan-2014
mohde4 said:
One of the declarations
"I DECLARE that I wish to live in Québec within the framework of and abiding by its common values, and that I want to learn French, if I do not speak it already."
Adding to that the Government of Quebec conducts free French sessions for the new immigrants.
Correct, every one knows that Quebec is pure french speaking part of Canada and coming to learning french a intermediate level is acceptable. knowing how to handle situations like shopping , job interview and a little social interactions. Giving it 6 to 9 months time for learning french is enough.

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
mohde4 said:
One of the declarations
hi mohde4,

Where is this declaration? in which form ?

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi Nms1,
Congratulations to both of you for getting higher scores in French skills.
You need not to wait till Mar 2013.
Yours as well as Your husband's education (AOT) falls in Group 2.

Qualifying Criteria is as below:
You or your accompanying spouse hold a diploma awarded by a teaching institution in an area of training allowing you to get 6 (see list, in French, 38 kb), 12 or 16 points under the area of training criterion of the selection grid for skilled workers (see list, in French, 35 kb). The number of years of study required to obtain your diploma must be at
least equal to the number of years required to
obtain that diploma in Québec. This diploma was obtained less than five years before the date of your application. Failing that, you must have
practised, on a full-time basis and for at least one year out of the five years preceding the date of
your application,
a profession or trade in an area related to that diploma.

Pls check below links for more info:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/applications-receipt.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-areas-of-training-fields-of-study.html

I will suggest you to become Principal Applicant, as your master's degree will earn higher points than your husband's bachelors degree.
Also your B2 level with 95% grade in DELF
Will give higher points for french skills than your husband's C1 & B1.

Nms1 said:
Dear all,

Seven months ago, i evaluated my chances to be accepted in a joint application and i found that 2 points are missing. Since me and my husband are french educated we decided to take french tests in order to earn more points.
We did well.. I got the delf B2 with a 95% grade and he passed the TEF (getting c1 en comprehension orale and b1 en expression orale).. I don't know how many points his grades will add but i know that we already are in the safe zone.

The problem is that once i got the french certifications, i realized that there is no more chance to apply this year and that we have to wait until the next year. I am missing anything here?

I re-evaluate our chances hoping to find a way to apply.. My husband has a bachelor degree in mechanical engineering and i have a master's degree in computer and communication engineering, both from a foreign university, and these fields don't seem to be a Quebec priority. Plus, we haven't been in Canada before and our canadian family members are aunts and uncles.

So to resume, we have to wait until 31 march 2013. Is that the case?

Thanks in advance

mohde4

Jul 4, 2012
OsamaR said:
hi mohde4,

Where is this declaration? in which form ?
You can find it in the bottom of page 7 in the following form

immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/dcs/Application-selection-certificate-dyn.pdf

mohde4

Jul 4, 2012
sameer004 said:
Correct, every one knows that Quebec is pure french speaking part of Canada and coming to learning french a intermediate level is acceptable. knowing how to handle situations like shopping , job interview and a little social interactions. Giving it 6 to 9 months time for learning french is enough.
That is why it is not required to have French language before the interview if i scorew 63 before the interview!!!!! :D

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
mohde4 said:
You can find it in the bottom of page 7 in the following form

immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/dcs/Application-selection-certificate-dyn.pdf
thanks buddy :) ;D

esssso

Sep 16, 2012
Hi for all,
I'm from Mid East but working in China for 6 years.
I have been reading this forum for a while and i found that its really useful to get more info.

Can some one help me to confirm whether if i'm eligible to immigrate to Quebec or not based on my below status. Actually. i'm applying already in Jun 2012 through an Lawyer in Quebec and he confirmed me that it's OK i can apply........but i have one doubt in my area of training as per the below table, you can see my AOT is not in the list......., so i get Zero point but my wife is in the list as Accounting......but i'm the applicant cause i'm already passing TEFAQ with good score , if i wait for my wife's TEFAQ, we should wait another 3 months at least. Also i haven't got FN/AOR until now which makes me worried cause my lawyer have applied from 3 months but he told me it's going very slowly now.
To make myself calm, i made the Assessment many times on Quebec website and each time i got the MSG that i can go on for applying....but i'm still worried regarding my AOT......Also i have sent my case to another lawyer and he told me the same.i can apply..however my APT is not in the list....I'm really confused......
Can any one read my case and feed back...,, thanks...

[ My status My Points
Education BSC 5 years Textile Engineering University+ Post graduate diploma 2 years in Garment industry 10 pts
Area of training Textile & garment Engineering 0 pts
Work exp. Production manager in garment field currently and last 5 years 8 pts
Age 38 10 pts
French TEFAQ: B1 listning & C1 speaking 12 pts
English IELTS: 6 listning & 7 speaking 5 pts
my wife's education BSC 4 years University of Commerce and accounting 3 pts
My wife's AOT. 1 year 2 pts
My wife's Age 34 3 pts
My wife's French ( My lawyer told me no need French Test. but if she take TEFAQ She can get B1 & B2) As spouse 0 pts
My wife's English IELTS: 6.5 listning & 7 speaking As spouse 0 pts
Children 2 kids under 12 years 8 pts
Finance no problem 1 pts

Total points 62 pts

Thanks,

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
Is there any changes coming for Quebec Immigration in light to FSW in Jan 2013?

Thanks!