+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program

zyzy

Jun 29, 2012
Hello all,

I wanted to ask you guys how many points will i get for my education if i have two degrees?I finished Bachelor in Business Management and Bachelor in Nursing...waiting for your replies...thank you

Zy

quebecboy

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ZYZY, how many years of working experience do you have?. it depends on your years of working experience. If you have worked as a nurse then apply as a Nurse.

zyzy

Jun 29, 2012
I am currently working as a consultant at provincial health office in our province for 4 years already, it is inline with my business management degree,will the embassy give additional points for my degree in nursing?waiting for replies...thanks

Zy

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
zyzy said:
Hello all,

I wanted to ask you guys how many points will i get for my education if i have two degrees?I finished Bachelor in Business Management and Bachelor in Nursing...waiting for your replies...thank you

Zy
For awarding point, I believe one degree will be considered.

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
xyz321 said:
I have got a letter that i am on the wait list for an interview in NYC ,i don't have any French background ..if some one attended in interview in NY and can share their experience.
If I was in your position, I would get admitted into some Intensive French course. URGENTLY!!!

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
youssef_123 said:
hello dears,
please see the below case :

can anyone calculate for me the points please if my wife is the principle and i am the spouse...

-i am from Lebanon holding computer science degree(BS degree from open university / 4 years of study).
-2 years of experience in web development.
-my age is 26 years.
-no french ... intermediate in English.

-my wife if nurse (i don't know what is this degree in Canada but when she finished grade 9 she learned 6 years of
vocational nursing studies with 2 official exams first 3 years called BT nursing and other 3 years TS nursing both with official exam)
-she has 4-5 years of nursing experience from american university of beirut medical center.
her age is 26 years.
-no french ... intermediate in English.
-we have no children.
-Financial self sufficiency

and please can anyone estimate for me the processing time for my case.

and the main question is:
do you advise to wait for the new quebec skilled worker program(31 march 2013) or hurry and apply now?
or wait for new federal skilled worker program(01/01/2013) which is the best program please inform meeee

thanks guys..
For immigration cases, always good to grab the opportunity available right now.

dhoncarlo

Apr 24, 2011
Hello

I am a Filipino but still on the process of collating all my documents. Mga kababayan patulong naman.

snow said:
I hope more filipinos would be in this thread

I'm a commerce grad major in management accounting and being self employed which I'm not sure will gain points?
I suppose it is on category c in the list of training?

Married as well with 3 kids

I have calculated my points to be 58 without the adaptability points.

I have another concern what if I only have a photocopy of my ielts as I have submitted the original on my previous fsw application which was denied?

joidiple, where you already starting to learn french?

dhoncarlo

Apr 24, 2011
What will be my points total

Education BS Radiologic Technologist (Medical Radiation Technologist in Canada)
Work experience 5 Years
Age 30
IELTS 7
French Nil
Stay in Quebec NOne
Family in Quebec None

Spouse's Characteristics high school diploma
Children 2 below 12
Financial Autonomy (1 Point)

Quebec_app

Jun 17, 2011
Hi,

I had a quick question. Do quebec applicants have to give two interviews? i.e one at the CSQ stage and another interview after the medicals? Thanks

lepatissier07

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27.11.2010 CSQ 28.10.2011 FED
Doc's Request.
25.05.2011 CSQ
Nomination.....
20.09.2011 CSQ CSQ by Mail 11.10.2011
AOR Received.
11.02.2011 CSQ
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03.05.2012 AOR
Med's Done....
Interview........
20.09.2011 CSQ
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
@Quebec_app

No. The (possible) interview will be at CSQ stage, where they check whether you are eligible or not, Language,Qualification etc. The Federal Part just takes care of Security, Crime, and Meds.

hope it helps...

quebecboy

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quebec_app said:
Hi,

I had a quick question. Do quebec applicants have to give two interviews? i.e one at the CSQ stage and another interview after the medicals? Thanks
It depends on the consulate officer processing your file. It is possible but you may get a visa without taking any. If they are convinced by the documents you present, they will not call you up for interview. If they have doubts they will call you for interview.

Quebec_app

Jun 17, 2011
@quebecboy and lepatissier07

Thanks for your reply.

I sent my medical three months ago and haven't heard from them as yet. So i was kind of worried, that incase I am required to give another interview do I have to be fluent in french. I took intensive classes to get french certification Delf B1 for the CSQ but I'm afraid lack of practice and exposure to french in my country has made my language skills deteriorate.

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
Dear members,

In regards of work experience when does it stop counting? when you first send your application or when your first receive your AOR? for example I will have 46 months of work experience by the time I send my application for QSW but as we all know it takes a couple of months to receive AOR, will I get the max points [8 pts] once I accumulate 48 months while my application is still in process? does anyone know? Thanks!

genona

Apr 29, 2011
Uae
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - sub to montreal FEDERAL - sub to VO ABUDhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Aug -16-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/09/2012 App received by CIC 11/03/2013 IN PROCESS
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
march 2013
Interview........
JULY 13, 2012( csq received)
Passport Req..
nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
dec 2013
LANDED..........
soonnnn
Quebec_app said:
Hi,

nope, i think, only in CSQ stage.

zyzy

Jun 29, 2012
hello guys am i still eligible to apply even if my spouse have not finish her degree in nursing yet?she will graduate in march 2013...tnx

zy