Apr 25, 2012
Med's Request
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 28, 2012
Passport Req..
April 11, 2013
fReSco said:
No problem mate - For the whole process It would be more or less One year for a completed application package. So count for the maximum like 12 to 15 months as a roughly estimate, hope for the best and keeps your fingers crossed. : )

You may like to read about previous posts of the forum members who were in the priority list and now in Quebec from within 14 months or so.
Thank you very much... I truly appreciate your support. I just hope that it will be quicker. I've been told that those already in Quebec with a validated employment will have theirs processed much quicker by the BIQ in Montreal.

cvd222

Nov 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Request
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 28, 2012
Passport Req..
April 11, 2013
syed_h_sha said:
Mine was the same situation as yours. for me it took 5 months to get CSQ. i have advice, instead of sending application by mail, better go in person and apply. i did the same and I got the file number with in a week. and another advice is that while taking photo copies of your mark sheets or certificates, check back side of the sheets. in case if there is some printed info it is better to take the photo copy of the same ( I did that mistake and they called me for verification of certificates)

good luck
Syed
thanks very much! when did you receive your CSQ? was it a straightforward application, or did they have to ask for other documents? did you submit a validation d'emploi (permanent job)?

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Yofi said:
Hi! I tried asking this question in a separate thread but no one replied, so I thought maybe it would fit into this one. Please help if you can:

I already got my CSQ and am now applying for permanent residence from the federal government as a Quebec-selected worker. I'm considering moving to Toronto now, though. Given that I signed a declaration that I intend to reside in Quebec, do they expect me to stay here until I become a permanent resident or did it just mean I intend to settle here after I'm a landed resident? And once I do land and become a permanent resident, am I free to immediately move to Toronto without any repercussions? Can I, in fact, move to Toronto while my application processes, return once to "land" in Quebec, and remain in Ontario? I do not want to do anything that will tick off the government and make it harder for me to become a citizen later...

Also, someone told me a change of address in general can slow your processing down even if you stay within the province. How much of a delay are we talking about here?

Thanks very much!
There's a lot of debate about it which you can find on the previous pages. Cheers

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
cvd222 said:
Thank you very much... I truly appreciate your support. I just hope that it will be quicker. I've been told that those already in Quebec with a validated employment will have theirs processed much quicker by the BIQ in Montreal.
No problem mate, wish you a smooth and faster processing. Cheers

lepatissier07

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27.11.2010 CSQ 28.10.2011 FED
Doc's Request.
25.05.2011 CSQ
Nomination.....
20.09.2011 CSQ CSQ by Mail 11.10.2011
AOR Received.
11.02.2011 CSQ
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03.05.2012 AOR
Med's Done....
Interview........
20.09.2011 CSQ
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hi guys,

anybody knows please the domain of the email address from buffalo, (or the immigration office in general in case its gettings trasnferred....) just to add it to my whitelist spamfolder.

is it ....@international.gc.ca ?

thx,
lepatissier07

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
lepatissier07 said:
hi guys,

anybody knows please the domain of the email address from buffalo, (or the immigration office in general in case its gettings trasnferred....) just to add it to my whitelist spamfolder.

is it .... @ international.gc.ca ?

thx,
lepatissier07
Hi,

For the Government of Quebec
* @ micc.gouv.qc.ca
For the CIC
* @ cic.gc.ca
* @ international.gc.ca/
* @ *.gc.ca
Cheers

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goodie said:
Hi guys,

I have submitted my file in june 2011 and still not received AOR from paris office. Please advice what to do. its been over five months now......makes me very upset.
I submitted my file to Paris in March 2011 and received my AOR in August only. So hopefully you will get it soon.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My timeline is:

March 2011 - applied to Paris
August 2011 - received AOR
And no further progress. I noticed from the official website that no progress with interviews has been made since September, i.e. they are still interviewing those who submitted in February 2011. Would be grateful if anyone who submitted around this time to Paris shared his/her experience.

ambi1775

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2011
AOR Received.
22/02/2012
Interview........
02/04/2012,csq received same day
Katayoon said:
My timeline is:

March 2011 - applied to Paris
August 2011 - received AOR
And no further progress. I noticed from the official website that no progress with interviews has been made since September, i.e. they are still interviewing those who submitted in February 2011. Would be grateful if anyone who submitted around this time to Paris shared his/her experience. what is your country of resident, because i know some people who applied in march having interview next month in dec.

joidiple

Oct 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yofi said:
Hi! I tried asking this question in a separate thread but no one replied, so I thought maybe it would fit into this one. Please help if you can:

I already got my CSQ and am now applying for permanent residence from the federal government as a Quebec-selected worker. I'm considering moving to Toronto now, though. Given that I signed a declaration that I intend to reside in Quebec, do they expect me to stay here until I become a permanent resident or did it just mean I intend to settle here after I'm a landed resident? And once I do land and become a permanent resident, am I free to immediately move to Toronto without any repercussions? Can I, in fact, move to Toronto while my application processes, return once to "land" in Quebec, and remain in Ontario? I do not want to do anything that will tick off the government and make it harder for me to become a citizen later...

Also, someone told me a change of address in general can slow your processing down even if you stay within the province. How much of a delay are we talking about here?

Thanks very much!

as fresco said this topic has raised great debate for some members in this forum. in the first place, one should not use QSW as gateway in entering Canada. we may not know the impact of doing this for future QSW applicants and for those who have applied in good faith. :)

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit
cvd222 said:
thanks very much! when did you receive your CSQ? was it a straightforward application, or did they have to ask for other documents? did you submit a validation d'emploi (permanent job)?
I applied for Quebec on 15th November 2010 and interview date was on 4th April 2011. with in less than 5 months I got my CSQ. I submitted application to federal on 2nd May 2011. they said it takes minimum 30 weeks to get acknowledge from Buffalo office.

I am not sure what do you mean by straight forward application. I followed the instructions to fill the application. and they did not ask for any other documents. As I am on work permit, I submitted a letter from my employer stating that I will be employed even after getting my PR. this letter is not mandatory but people said it gives more weight-age.

let me know if you have any questions.

Syed

respect

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
30-01-2012
AOR Received.
12-03-2012
File Transfer...
17-02-2012
Med's Request
23-04-2012
Med's Done....
26-04-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
17-11-2012
cvd222 said:
I'm already working in Montreal on a permanent contract, with a validated job offer... do you know how long it will take for my CSQ to be processed? I'm submitting my application next week.
Hi, i am almost in the same situation as yours . i am working in Montreal with a permanent job contract but my job offer is not validated. I never had to validate my job offer since i am working with post-graduate work-permit. I am not sure if i i will get 6 points that they give for validated job offer. anyways, if anyone has any insight on that , please share, thank you.

cvd222

Nov 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Request
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 28, 2012
Passport Req..
April 11, 2013
syed_h_sha said:
I applied for Quebec on 15th November 2010 and interview date was on 4th April 2011. with in less than 5 months I got my CSQ. I submitted application to federal on 2nd May 2011. they said it takes minimum 30 weeks to get acknowledge from Buffalo office.

I am not sure what do you mean by straight forward application. I followed the instructions to fill the application. and they did not ask for any other documents. As I am on work permit, I submitted a letter from my employer stating that I will be employed even after getting my PR. this letter is not mandatory but people said it gives more weight-age.

let me know if you have any questions.

Syed
Thanks so much for sharing your experience! I meant to ask if you had submitted a validation d'emploi permanent (a document from the MICC validating your permanent job) together with your application...? I believe this makes one's CSQ application in the priority lane.

cvd222

Nov 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Request
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 28, 2012
Passport Req..
April 11, 2013
respect said:
Hi, i am almost in the same situation as yours . i am working in Montreal with a permanent job contract but my job offer is not validated. I never had to validate my job offer since i am working with post-graduate work-permit. I am not sure if i i will get 6 points that they give for validated job offer. anyways, if anyone has any insight on that , please share, thank you.
If you have the validation of employment, it should give you 5 points, plus it'll make your application quicker.

respect

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
30-01-2012
AOR Received.
12-03-2012
File Transfer...
17-02-2012
Med's Request
23-04-2012
Med's Done....
26-04-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
17-11-2012
cvd222 said:
If you have the validation of employment, it should give you 5 points, plus it'll make your application quicker.
I know it will.. question is for the case like mine, where i don't need to validate my employment offer because post-graduate work-permit allows me to take any job offer. Do i still get those 6 points if i have a permanent job offer which is not validated?