+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

goodie

Star Member
Feb 22, 2011
thanks ambi1775 for that info. but, as you said about the priority, do i have to do anything for that? how can i set for a priority and what do i need to do and how would it effect my application.

Thanks.

changa

Jul 13, 2011
Hi all ,
My name is Anny . Would you please give me some ideas for my application? I would like to apply for Quebec skill worker

Me : 23 years old
just started work in April/2011 in Banking industry
graduate of BS in Business Admin
IELTS :6.5
French : aimed for A2 by next year ( currently taking French )
My spouse : 28 years old
4 years working experience as Instrument engineer in Singapore
Diploma in Electronics, Computer and Communication from Nanyang Polytechnic in Singapore
IELTS : 6.5
French : currently taking in AF , aimed for A2
We are from Vietnam ,and currently working in Singapore
I have consult few lawyers : some said I could be the primary even I only have 6 months -1 year working experience
some said only my husband would be able to since he got higher experience years
I am confusing now :( Anyone could help me to consult that who could be the main applicant ? will get potential for not being rejected?One more point that some said my husband diploma would get the extra point because it has computer major in ( diploma in computer science got 6 points awarded ) .Would it be counted ? It is combination of computer , electrical and communication.So I dont know whether it would be counted. Each lawyer has their own grading point for my husband and me .
Thanks a lot

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
caribgrl55 said:
Hey, congrats Stillhope and Angeleye! I also got MR and PPR yesterday. Hopefully we start seeing a lot of action in this thread for everyone.
Congratulations dear stillhope, angeleye and caribgrl55 on getting MR...
Wishing you good luck for final process... :) :) :)

goodie

Star Member
Feb 22, 2011
thanks ambi1775 for that info. but, as you said about the priority, do i have to do anything for that? how can i set for a priority and what do i need to do and how would it effect my application.

Thanks.

ambi1775

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2011
AOR Received.
22/02/2012
Interview........
02/04/2012,csq received same day
goodie said:

i am sending u the link where they mention that your education is on priority treatment or not, You can't do any thing to put your file in priority.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/summary-table-areas.pdf

hope this help u

Thanks.

Stngr

Dec 12, 2010
saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Nomination.....
March 23rd 2016
AOR Received.
April 13th 2016
Passport Req..
July 16th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR at August 5th 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 1st 2016
OsamaR - please add my case to the list:
Member: Stngr | BIQ/Visa Office: Vienna | Application Sent: Dec 21st 2010 | AOR: Mar 26th 2011(missing docs notification)/May 20th 2011(file opened) | Interview: waiting

goodie

Star Member
Feb 22, 2011
"i am sending u the link where they mention that your education is on priority treatment or not, You can't do any thing to put your file in priority.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/summary-table-areas.pdf

hope this help u"

Thanks for that ambi1775, unfortunately i dont fit in that for priority.

But, i dont know how long it will take as it is over 5 months now.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Read this at one thread on this forum... seems to be applicable to quebec as well... :)
link:http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/whats-new-in-canadaupdate-on-ca-t63557.0.html;msg1113638#msg1113638
Canada job proposals for new immigrants

Canada is coming up with a project to help newcomers in the nation find jobs in accordance with their skill-sets and experience.

The aim of this project is to formulate innovative ideas to provide a platform for skilled immigrants and SMEs in Canada since this could result in providing jobs for skilled immigrants and provide manpower for SMEs.

What are Canada job proposals for skilled newcomers—Following are the eight job proposals for enabling newcomers possessing skills get jobs in Canada—

• Online database of pre-screened immigrants—This program is aimed to provide pre-screened skilled immigrants to SMBs at any time and from any place. Any employer in Canada will be facilitated with qualified candidates for meeting industry-specific needs.

• Single platform for recruitment and hiring of candidates for support services—It is a one-stop shop for the company having job opening and the potential employee in need of work in Canada.

• Online HR resources—This program by Canada will help provide SMBs with all the related HR information from any location.

• Orientation and wage subsidies—By providing provincial or national wage subsidies to skilled newcomers in Canada, the program will act as a stimulus for SMBs to hire jobseekers from anywhere, especially those who are reluctant to provide training and orientation to a newly hired employee.

• Marketing and communication program—Since, strong and effective communications are the very basis for bringing potential employees and employers looking for jobseekers, hence all the above programs need to be supported with communication and marketing.

• Education and information by financial institutes—The aim of this program is to provide information with regard to the potential jobseekers possessing skills to SMBs when the latter are planning extension of their business. The program will provide guidelines on recruitment, integration as well as retaining skillful immigrants.

Vital hiring practices—After hiring any skilled immigrant in Canada, the next job on hand for the employer is to introduce the new employee to the culture of the new workplace. This can go a long way in increasing productivity levels of the company or the business and help in retention rate of employees.

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
Updates after adding Stngr to the list

Member BIQ/Visa Office Application Sent AOR Interview
mef Damascus 25/01/2010 07/03/2010 11/10/2010
angeleyeHk/London 16/04/201021/04/201019-09-2011
Meemansa HK/New Delhi 01/09/2010 20/10/2010 Awaiting
asw HK 01/10/2010 26/10/2010 Awaiting
quebec2011 HK/Delhi 14/10/2010 27/10/2011 Awaiting
visitv1 Vienna 22/10/2010 20/08/2011 24/11/11
Smallie Paris/Accra 03/12/2010 Awaiting n/a
STILLHOPE Paris 18/12/2010 10/04/2011 18/08/2011
Stngr Vienna 21/12/2010 26/03/2011 Awaiting
Biolah Paris/Accra Jan/2011 April/2011 Awaiting
MyhopeHK/Singapore 23/02/201101/03/2011Awaiting
a HK/SG Mar/2011 May/2011 Sep/2011
applicant.wife HK/Philippines 11/03/201117/03/2011Awaiting
ABMIR Paris 16/03/201110/08/2011 Awaiting
Thomas1987 HK/New Delhi 19/03/2011 22/03/2011 Awaiting
Yogie HK/New Delhi 24/03/2011 12/04/2011 Awaiting
Vibez_well Hk/New Delhi 20/04/2011 01/08/2011 Awaiting
genona Montreal May/2011 16/08/2011 n/a
syed_h_sha US/Buffalo 02/05/2011Awaitingn/a
Egypt2011 Montreal 15/5/2011 18/10/2010 Awaiting
TanyaM Vienna 08/06/2011 Awaiting n/a
Kaps1706 HK/New Delhi 19/07/2011 31/08/2011 Awaiting
shersta HK/Philippines 18/08/2011 22/08/2011 Awaiting
fReSco Paris 19/08/2011 Awaiting n/a
genti Vienna/Austria 23/08/2011 Awaiting n/a
harit79HK/Delhi01/09/201130/10/2011Awaiting
mkshahHK/New Delhi 24/09/2011Awaitingn/a
Brad_cin_dellHk/New Delhi26/09/2011Awaitingn/a
Sunil Dhage HK/New Delhi 27/9/2011 Awaiting n/a
Respect Montreal 30/09/2011 16/09/2011 n/a
Baver Montreal 02/11/2011 Awaiting Awaiting
OsamaRMontrealsoonn/an/a
Freddy83 HK/Colombo soon n/a n/a

Please send me your timeline to add it to the above table and share it with others..

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
mkshah said:
Read this at one thread on this forum... seems to be applicable to quebec as well... :)
link:http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/whats-new-in-canadaupdate-on-ca-t63557.0.html;msg1113638#msg1113638
Canada job proposals for new immigrants

Canada is coming up with a project to help newcomers in the nation find jobs in accordance with their skill-sets and experience.

The aim of this project is to formulate innovative ideas to provide a platform for skilled immigrants and SMEs in Canada since this could result in providing jobs for skilled immigrants and provide manpower for SMEs.

What are Canada job proposals for skilled newcomers—Following are the eight job proposals for enabling newcomers possessing skills get jobs in Canada—

• Online database of pre-screened immigrants—This program is aimed to provide pre-screened skilled immigrants to SMBs at any time and from any place. Any employer in Canada will be facilitated with qualified candidates for meeting industry-specific needs.

• Single platform for recruitment and hiring of candidates for support services—It is a one-stop shop for the company having job opening and the potential employee in need of work in Canada.

• Online HR resources—This program by Canada will help provide SMBs with all the related HR information from any location.

• Orientation and wage subsidies—By providing provincial or national wage subsidies to skilled newcomers in Canada, the program will act as a stimulus for SMBs to hire jobseekers from anywhere, especially those who are reluctant to provide training and orientation to a newly hired employee.

• Marketing and communication program—Since, strong and effective communications are the very basis for bringing potential employees and employers looking for jobseekers, hence all the above programs need to be supported with communication and marketing.

• Education and information by financial institutes—The aim of this program is to provide information with regard to the potential jobseekers possessing skills to SMBs when the latter are planning extension of their business. The program will provide guidelines on recruitment, integration as well as retaining skillful immigrants.

Vital hiring practices—After hiring any skilled immigrant in Canada, the next job on hand for the employer is to introduce the new employee to the culture of the new workplace. This can go a long way in increasing productivity levels of the company or the business and help in retention rate of employees.

Thanks mkshah for sharing this.. here is a better news just for us "Quebec Applicants" :D

Quebec to invest $450 million in entrepreneurs
http://www.montrealgazette.com/business/Quebec+invest+million+entrepreneurs/5713502/story.html

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
OsamaR said:
Thanks mkshah for sharing this.. here is a better news just for us "Quebec Applicants" :D

Quebec to invest $450 million in entrepreneurs
http://www.montrealgazette.com/business/Quebec+invest+million+entrepreneurs/5713502/story.html

Hi OsamaR,
Thanks :) and I appreciate your efforts to share this info with us....
But unfortunately, this news is not applicable to QSW, it is for Quebec Enterpreneur Immigrants...
just wanted to highlight the difference between Quebec Skilled Worker visa and Quebec Enterpreneur visa:

pls check this link:
http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-business-immigration.html

The Quebec Business/Investor Immigration program is a category of Canadian immigration that is available to individuals who have acquired entrepreneurial, investor, or self-employed experience.

Each of the three business categories (Entrepreneur, Investor and Self Employed) has their own requirements and selection process.

• Quebec Investor Program: To qualify as an investor, an individual must have a net worth of at least CAD$1.6 million, have managerial experience and be willing to make a government-secured investment of CAD$800,000 for a period of 5 years. Financing of this investment is available through Canadian financial institutions.

• Quebec Entrepreneur Program: To qualify as an Entrepreneur, an individual must have a net worth of at least CAD$300,000, have managerial experience in a business that they either owned or controlled, and be willing and able to establish or acquire a business in Quebec which will create at least one incremental job in Quebec.

• Quebec Self-Employed Person Program: To qualify as a Self-Employed person, an individual must have a net worth of at least CAD$100,000, and must have work experience in the profession or trade that they intend to practice in Quebec.

Processing Fees
Quebec Business Immigration Processing Fees differ depending on the category of business immigration:
Category Fee
Investors $3,899
Entrepreneurs $962
Self-Employed Workers $962
Each dependant $152

After arriving in Canada, the Quebec Entrepreneurs will have to adhere to a number of conditions for at least one year throughout the course of the three years after having obtained their Permanent Resident status. They must:
Successfully create or acquire an agricultural, commercial or industrial business in the Province of Quebec;
Control at least 25 per cent of the capital equity of that business, accounting for a minimum of CAD$100,000;
Employ a Quebec resident in the business (other than the Entrepreneur or accompanying family members) in a position of at least 30 hours a week. (Note that the agricultural Entrepreneur is not bound to this obligation);
Participate in the management of the business.

for more details on Quebec Entrepreneur Program,
check this link: http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-business-immigration-entrepreneur.html

Some Info on Entrepreneurs visa for Federal program:
Note: CIC has temporarily stopped accepting applications for the federal entrepreneur program. Only applications received before July 1, 2011, will be processed. This suspension will continue until further notice.

The Entrepreneur Program seeks to attract experienced business persons who will own and actively manage businesses in Canada that contribute to the economy and create jobs.

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
mkshah said:
Hi OsamaR,
Thanks :) and I appreciate your efforts to share this info with us....
But unfortunately, this news is not applicable to QSW, it is for Quebec Enterpreneur Immigrants...
just wanted to highlight the difference between Quebec Skilled Worker visa and Quebec Enterpreneur visa:

pls check this link:
http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-business-immigration.html

The Quebec Business/Investor Immigration program is a category of Canadian immigration that is available to individuals who have acquired entrepreneurial, investor, or self-employed experience.

Each of the three business categories (Entrepreneur, Investor and Self Employed) has their own requirements and selection process.

• Quebec Investor Program: To qualify as an investor, an individual must have a net worth of at least CAD$1.6 million, have managerial experience and be willing to make a government-secured investment of CAD$800,000 for a period of 5 years. Financing of this investment is available through Canadian financial institutions.

• Quebec Entrepreneur Program: To qualify as an Entrepreneur, an individual must have a net worth of at least CAD$300,000, have managerial experience in a business that they either owned or controlled, and be willing and able to establish or acquire a business in Quebec which will create at least one incremental job in Quebec.

• Quebec Self-Employed Person Program: To qualify as a Self-Employed person, an individual must have a net worth of at least CAD$100,000, and must have work experience in the profession or trade that they intend to practice in Quebec.

Processing Fees
Quebec Business Immigration Processing Fees differ depending on the category of business immigration:
Category Fee
Investors $3,899
Entrepreneurs $962
Self-Employed Workers $962
Each dependant $152

After arriving in Canada, the Quebec Entrepreneurs will have to adhere to a number of conditions for at least one year throughout the course of the three years after having obtained their Permanent Resident status. They must:
Successfully create or acquire an agricultural, commercial or industrial business in the Province of Quebec;
Control at least 25 per cent of the capital equity of that business, accounting for a minimum of CAD$100,000;
Employ a Quebec resident in the business (other than the Entrepreneur or accompanying family members) in a position of at least 30 hours a week. (Note that the agricultural Entrepreneur is not bound to this obligation);
Participate in the management of the business.

for more details on Quebec Entrepreneur Program,
check this link: http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-business-immigration-entrepreneur.html

Some Info on Entrepreneurs visa for Federal program:
Note: CIC has temporarily stopped accepting applications for the federal entrepreneur program. Only applications received before July 1, 2011, will be processed. This suspension will continue until further notice.

The Entrepreneur Program seeks to attract experienced business persons who will own and actively manage businesses in Canada that contribute to the economy and create jobs.

Hey mkshah,

Thanks for the information on Quebec Entrepreneur Immigration Option :D. However, the link says "Quebec to invest $450 million in entrepreneurs" So any one who lives in Quebec is eligible for this opportunity I believe !! Correct me if I am wrong becasue the whole article is not mentioning anything about restricting this program to Entrepreneurs Immigrants only which means anyone can apply ;D Moreover, the first paragraph says:
"The provincial government will spend $450 million over three years to promote entrepreneurship among young people in the province, Premier Jean Charest said Tuesday."

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
I seek different opinion than yours here... :)
and if it is as you are saying, then thats going to be a very big step by quebec govt and it will be good for all of us...:)
But as of now it does not make any difference to us..:D..
so... chill bro.... and enjoyyyyyy the life... :)
OsamaR said:
Hey mkshah,

Thanks for the information on Quebec Entrepreneur Immigration Option :D. However, the link says "Quebec to invest $450 million in entrepreneurs" So any one who lives in Quebec is eligible for this opportunity I believe !! Correct me if I am wrong becasue the whole article is not mentioning anything about restricting this program to Entrepreneurs Immigrants only which means anyone can apply ;D

Moreover, the first paragraph says: "
The provincial government will spend $450 million over three years to promote entrepreneurship among young people in the province, Premier Jean Charest said Tuesday.
"

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
mkshah said:
I seek different opinion than yours here... :)
and if it is as you are saying, then thats going to be very big step by quebec govt and it will be good for all of us...:)
But as of now it does not make any difference to us..:D..
so... chill bro.... and enjoyyyyyy the life... :)
haha, no bro, if we manage to move within these 3 years, probably we can share some of the big pie ;D

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
OsamaR said:
haha, no bro, if we manager to move within these 3 years, probably we can share some of the big pie ;D
hummmm.... thats a nice thinking... :) surely we all will manage to move there within shortest of time possible.... May god bless us all !!! :)