Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
HI mkshah, OsamaR is right. They are making sure that new immigrants get the right jobs. So they are investing in that. Here is the announcement from the minister for Physiotherapists.

Recognition of skills acquired abroad and job mobility - Minister Kathleen Weil announces funding of over $ 207 000 to facilitate access of immigrants to the professions of physiotherapist and physical therapist
MONTREAL, Nov. 14, 2011 / CNW Telbec / - The Minister of Immigration and Cultural Communities, M me Kathleen Weil , announces financial assistance of $ 207 483 in the College of Professional Physiotherapy Quebec (OPPQ) which governs the profession of physiotherapy and physical rehabilitation therapist. This financial support will be used to design assessment tools and skills recognition candidates trained.

"We know that the successful integration of immigrants is through getting a job. Therefore, we support projects that facilitate the recognition of training and experience acquired abroad. Quebec needs the talents and skills of persons of immigrant background, "said Minister Kathleen Weil .

These new tools are added to those already using the Order to assess and recognize the skills of internationally trained candidates. "It always make sure to identify the training needs of immigrants to Quebec to assure the public the best physical therapy services," said M me Forget Lucy , president of the OPPQ.

Financial assistance will develop core skills related to the professions of physiotherapy and physical rehabilitation therapist in Quebec and to develop tools for evaluation and recognition of skills for these professions. With these tools, the College will be able to assess more effectively the achievements and work experience of candidates trained, and better target the refresher training required to obtain the license to practice. The colleges and universities will then be asked to put in place appropriate refresher training. In addition, candidates may, by completing a self-assessment questionnaire to take stock of skills in relation to the exercise of their profession in Quebec, an overview, from abroad, the conditions they will meet to become members of the Order.

The Minister was keen to stress the exemplary contribution of the professional physical therapy of Quebec in this project. She also recalled that this agreement is in addition to those already concluded with other professional bodies to accelerate and facilitate the recognition of qualifications of candidates trained abroad which have arisen over forty projects.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Hi fresco and Osama, i am not opposing any of the info you are providing here.... it is just that your post is completely different than the info from Osama. Osama's post talks more about enterpreneur and business class immigrants and yours is limited to physio professionals.

I agree with you that quebec govt is taking care that immigrants get jobs, but once again, your info is just pertaining to physiotherapist and physical therapist, and I can hardly find few such applicants in our forum...
this news does not mention anything in general applicable to all immigrants, and especially QSW category, in which all of us are applying... :)
So, lets be all very specific and clear to the point we are making here.
I hope, I am not being offensinve here... :) Just trying to understand it correctly :)

fReSco said:
HI mkshah, OsamaR is right. They are making sure that new immigrants get the right jobs. So they are investing in that. Here is the announcement from the minister for Physiotherapists.

Recognition of skills acquired abroad and job mobility - Minister Kathleen Weil announces funding of over $ 207 000 to facilitate access of immigrants to the professions of physiotherapist and physical therapist
MONTREAL, Nov. 14, 2011 / CNW Telbec / - The Minister of Immigration and Cultural Communities, M me Kathleen Weil , announces financial assistance of $ 207 483 in the College of Professional Physiotherapy Quebec (OPPQ) which governs the profession of physiotherapy and physical rehabilitation therapist. This financial support will be used to design assessment tools and skills recognition candidates trained.

"We know that the successful integration of immigrants is through getting a job. Therefore, we support projects that facilitate the recognition of training and experience acquired abroad. Quebec needs the talents and skills of persons of immigrant background, "said Minister Kathleen Weil .

These new tools are added to those already using the Order to assess and recognize the skills of internationally trained candidates. "It always make sure to identify the training needs of immigrants to Quebec to assure the public the best physical therapy services," said M me Forget Lucy , president of the OPPQ.

Financial assistance will develop core skills related to the professions of physiotherapy and physical rehabilitation therapist in Quebec and to develop tools for evaluation and recognition of skills for these professions. With these tools, the College will be able to assess more effectively the achievements and work experience of candidates trained, and better target the refresher training required to obtain the license to practice. The colleges and universities will then be asked to put in place appropriate refresher training. In addition, candidates may, by completing a self-assessment questionnaire to take stock of skills in relation to the exercise of their profession in Quebec, an overview, from abroad, the conditions they will meet to become members of the Order.

The Minister was keen to stress the exemplary contribution of the professional physical therapy of Quebec in this project. She also recalled that this agreement is in addition to those already concluded with other professional bodies to accelerate and facilitate the recognition of qualifications of candidates trained abroad which have arisen over forty projects.

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
mkshah said:
Hi fresco and Osama, i am not opposing any of the info you are providing here.... it is just that your post is completely different than the info from Osama. Osama's post talks more about enterpreneur and business class immigrants and yours is limited to physio professionals.

I agree with you that quebec govt is taking care that immigrants get jobs, but once again, your info is just pertaining to physiotherapist and physical therapist, and I can hardly find few such applicants in our forum...
this news does not mention anything in general applicable to all immigrants, and especially QSW category, in which all of us are applying... :)
So, lets be all very specific and clear to the point we are making here.
I hope, I am not being offensinve here... :) Just trying to understand it correctly :)
Hi, yes I understand this announcement is not for all the skilled workers but I am trying to make a point that Quebec is investing on the new immigrants that are either skilled workers, self employed or business men. And I am glad that we are trying to provide each other with up to date information and news. I hope that makes it more clear.
And you are more welcome to comment, correction or advise. Would be much appreciated :)
Cheers

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
fReSco said:
Hi, yes I understand this announcement is not for all the skilled workers but I am trying to make a point that Quebec is investing on the new immigrants that are either skilled workers, self employed or business men. And I am glad that we are trying to provide each other with up to date information and news. I hope that makes it more clear.
And you are more welcome to comment, correction or advise. Would be much appreciated :)
Cheers
cheers bro :D
Yes, I understood your point about quebec govt is helping new immigrants to settle quickly. and it is good for all new immigrants. My point is just that we all are here for mutual help and we must provide accurate, uptodate and correct info to each other and I completely agree with you on this.

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
mkshah said:
Yes, I understood your point about quebec govt is helping new immigrants to settle quickly. and it is good for all new immigrant. My point is just that we all are here for mutual help and we must provide accurate, uptodate and correct info to each other and I completely agree with you on this.
Thank you brother. Much appreciated.

cvd222

Nov 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Request
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 28, 2012
Passport Req..
April 11, 2013
I'm already working in Montreal on a permanent contract, with a validated job offer... do you know how long it will take for my CSQ to be processed? I'm submitting my application next week.

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
cvd222 said:
I'm already working in Montreal with a validated job offer... do you know how long it will take for my CSQ to be processed? I'm submitting my application next week.
The BIQ in Montreal is much faster than others and with a validated job offer you will be given priority. Based on the experience shared by other forum members, I assume that It will hardly take you from 5 to 7 months to get the process completed.

All the best!!!

cvd222

Nov 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Request
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 28, 2012
Passport Req..
April 11, 2013
fReSco said:
The BIQ in Montreal is much faster than others and with a validated job offer you will be given priority. Based on the experience shared by other forum members, I assume that It will hardly take you from 5 to 7 months to get the process completed.

All the best!!!
Thank you very much! This gives me so much hope!
5-7 months for the whole PR process to be completed or just the CSQ?

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
cvd222 said:
No problem mate - For the whole process It would be more or less One year for a completed application package. So count for the maximum like 12 to 15 months as a roughly estimate, hope for the best and keeps your fingers crossed. : )

You may like to read about previous posts of the forum members who were in the priority list and now in Quebec from within 14 months or so.

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
@CVD222
Here!!! check the timeline of one memeber in Priority AOT. I hope that helps!! Cheerrs

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/profiles/egrace62-u67563.html

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
mkshah said:
Osama's post talks more about enterpreneur and business class immigrants and yours is limited to physio professionals.
The article has nothing to do with immigrants and immigration, neither with business class bro :)... It's just about business in Quebec and what the provencial government is offering for young people 8)

I hope, I am not being offensinve here... :) not at all my friend ;D Just trying to understand it correctly :)

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit
cvd222 said:
Mine was the same situation as yours. for me it took 5 months to get CSQ. i have advice, instead of sending application by mail, better go in person and apply. i did the same and I got the file number with in a week. and another advice is that while taking photo copies of your mark sheets or certificates, check back side of the sheets. in case if there is some printed info it is better to take the photo copy of the same ( I did that mistake and they called me for verification of certificates)

good luck
Syed

Yofi

Nov 8, 2011
Hi! I tried asking this question in a separate thread but no one replied, so I thought maybe it would fit into this one. Please help if you can:

I already got my CSQ and am now applying for permanent residence from the federal government as a Quebec-selected worker. I'm considering moving to Toronto now, though. Given that I signed a declaration that I intend to reside in Quebec, do they expect me to stay here until I become a permanent resident or did it just mean I intend to settle here after I'm a landed resident? And once I do land and become a permanent resident, am I free to immediately move to Toronto without any repercussions? Can I, in fact, move to Toronto while my application processes, return once to "land" in Quebec, and remain in Ontario? I do not want to do anything that will tick off the government and make it harder for me to become a citizen later...

Also, someone told me a change of address in general can slow your processing down even if you stay within the province. How much of a delay are we talking about here?

Thanks very much!