+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
Ievgen said:
That's right oszi. The french course for CSQ owners is really good, but it requires a good french level already just to start learning. For example, I do have B1 and I found that it's not enough. In my opinion such course is designed for those who have B2 or higher and want to improve further prior arrival to Quebec.
I think you misunderstand the free french course stuff which is available for free for any CSQ owner in Quebec, after you have arrived. Look at this link:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/french-language/learning-quebec/full-time/index.html

Course description

FIA330-1, beginner level (in French - PDF, 24 Kb)
You speak little or no French.
FIA330-2 intermediate level (in French - PDF, 25 Kb)
You are starting to communicate in French. You can speak and understand it, and write it a little.
FIA330-3 intermediate level (more advanced) (in French - PDF, 25 Kb)
You manage to communicate in French, but you make many mistakes that prevent you from being totally functional in Québec.

Actually there are 3 types, one of them is for ones with "little or no French". All of these 3 are intensive courses with 30 hours a week (!), 330 hours (11 weeks) total. You are eligible to take all 3. So almost 1000 hours of french, for free! Which brings you up to advanced intermediate (B2 I think). I actually plan to take at least one of these, maybe 2, if I ever get there.

So if they are prepared for people with no french, why do you think it is so crucial to have B1/B2 before you land? A1/A2 is reasonable, to be able to understand basic instructions, and ask basic questions, introduce yourself, understand numbers, etc. But otherwise it is a waste of money to learn french at home, when they have 1000 french hours for you for free. Actually they even pay you, during these courses, if you have little children, etc.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/french-language/learning-quebec/full-time/financial-aid/index.html

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia (Federal)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
oszi said:
I think you misunderstand the free french course stuff which is available for free for any CSQ owner in Quebec, after you have arrived. Look at this link:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/french-language/learning-quebec/full-time/index.html

Course description

FIA330-1, beginner level (in French - PDF, 24 Kb)
You speak little or no French.
FIA330-2 intermediate level (in French - PDF, 25 Kb)
You are starting to communicate in French. You can speak and understand it, and write it a little.
FIA330-3 intermediate level (more advanced) (in French - PDF, 25 Kb)
You manage to communicate in French, but you make many mistakes that prevent you from being totally functional in Québec.

Actually there are 3 types, one of them is for ones with "little or no French". All of these 3 are intensive courses with 30 hours a week (!), 330 hours (11 weeks) total. You are eligible to take all 3. So almost 1000 hours of french, for free! Which brings you up to advanced intermediate (B2 I think). I actually plan to take at least one of these, maybe 2, if I ever get there.

So if they are prepared for people with no french, why do you think it is so crucial to have B1/B2 before you land? A1/A2 is reasonable, to be able to understand basic instructions, and ask basic questions, introduce yourself, understand numbers, etc. But otherwise it is a waste of money to learn french at home, when they have 1000 french hours for you for free. Actually they even pay you, during these courses, if you have little children, etc.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/french-language/learning-quebec/full-time/financial-aid/index.html
I got you. Thanks for clarifying because I was talking about "francais en ligne". That's an online learning for CSQ holders and it's really hard.
You're right in all your thoughts except probably people who intend to practice a regulated profession. If someone wants to be a doctor/engineer/scientist and he didn't complete 3 years of study in a francophone country then he needs to take a french exam by MICC in Quebec to get a permanent license. This exam has nothing to do with standartised french tests and on MICC website it doesn't specify which level of comprehension is required to pass. It just says that it depends on intended occupation. Otherwise, if you meet the eligibility criterias (education+work exp.) you get only a temporary 1-year license and within this time you need to learn french to obtain a permanent one. I'm sure that it makes sense to start learning at home because one year isn't enough to learn really well. Also, if you keep receipts from recognized language courses you can get a remuneration upon arrival to Quebec.

beni

Dec 8, 2009
Hey guys,

My credit card was charged today!!! Application received June 25th 2013 ... French A2/A2... previously AOT 0 points (total of 51/55), but according to the new rules my BS degree gets 6 points. However, my degree was granted in July 2008, so, at the time of submission it was less than 5 years old, but now it's older (no work experience in the field and i switched my field of study)!!! So, i don't know if i should be happy about my CC being charged or not!!

please share your thoughts on this! Cheers...

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
beni said:
Hey guys,

My credit card was charged today!!! Application received June 25th 2013 ... French A2/A2... previously AOT 0 points (total of 51/55), but according to the new rules my BS degree gets 6 points. However, my degree was granted in July 2008, so, at the time of submission it was less than 5 years old, but now it's older (no work experience in the field and i switched my field of study)!!! So, i don't know if i should be happy about my CC being charged or not!!

please share your thoughts on this! Cheers...
I think currently (by the new rules) they do not have rules for "intake of application", only completeness. I think they did not check AOT, or calculate points, just checked completeness (everything filled, signed, all forms included, all important docs included, etc.). So I would say you can not conclude on points or AOT applicability now. Not yet.

Tiki

Star Member
May 16, 2012
oszi said:
I think currently (by the new rules) they do not have rules for "intake of application", only completeness. I think they did not check AOT, or calculate points, just checked completeness (everything filled, signed, all forms included, all important docs included, etc.). So I would say you can not conclude on points or AOT applicability now. Not yet.
Are you sure about your claim?Or just a personal opinion?

Please share any link regarding your claim,if any?

Regards,

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
vicky4frendz said:
Hi all.... I think we should first worry about the interview mission for the country where we belong to. After that we can get pain over discussing whether there will be new rules OR old rules.... :'(

Is anybody having clue about next interview mission for India OR even any Asian country... ??? Only 1 quarter is left for 2013 & it's very disheartening that they are still keeping mum on Asian countries for selection interview....!!!
they started to send interview calls in HK , Oct. 2013 to applicants from China, so it seems that there will be mission for Asian countries

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bachar

you here should make a table, every one location and visa office and file number

so you can keep tracking.

try google documents

check this link

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au90wYoC_aHGdGM1SUZLVVpoZTF4VEh5V3lsQmltSVE#gid=0

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
lemans207 said:
bachar

you here should make a table, every one location and visa office and file number

so you can keep tracking.

try google documents

check this link

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au90wYoC_aHGdGM1SUZLVVpoZTF4VEh5V3lsQmltSVE#gid=0

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bachar said:
i dont know about your offices but i heard indians have there own place of interview, pakistan their own place for interview

make 3 pages/colomns , so u can track, you can know number of files pending

tchato

Mar 17, 2013
Big Bosses in the forum, I need your technical advice. My documents were submitted during the last week of July with the old rule still in place. This is my profile information.
Education………………….………..10
AOT………………………….………….16
Work experience…………………..4
Age……………………………………….16
Language (English)…………………5
Family in Quebec..…………………3
Financial SS……………………………1
Total=55
I will like to know if my french result have any influence on my application. Want to know if I am eligible for an interview waiver. Thanks

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
Tiki said:
Are you sure about your claim?Or just a personal opinion?

Please share any link regarding your claim,if any?

Regards,
It is all in the GPI-3-1 manual, section 4.1

http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI-3-1.pdf

English translation:

http://translate.google.hu/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=hu&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca%2FdynamicSearch%2Ftelecharge.php%3Ftype%3D7%26file%3DGPI-3-1.pdf

Jenalby

Apr 19, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118 Nursing /Group B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Doc's Request.
8/08/2014 asked to submit ITR,docs reached Montreal on 17/10/2014
AOR Received.
File opened in April 2013 ,got it in hand on May 2013
IELTS Request
IELTS 7 band
Interview........
No idea...
LANDED..........
????2015?
vicky4frendz said:
Hi all.... I think we should first worry about the interview mission for the country where we belong to. After that we can get pain over discussing whether there will be new rules OR old rules.... :'(

Is anybody having clue about next interview mission for India OR even any Asian country... ??? Only 1 quarter is left for 2013 & it's very disheartening that they are still keeping mum on Asian countries for selection interview....!!!
I hope we will have some missions in NewDelhi on Novemeber to December 2013 same like last year.....let's see...how things goes on....

Tiki

Star Member
May 16, 2012
oszi said:
It is all in the GPI-3-1 manual, section 4.1

http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI-3-1.pdf

English translation:

http://translate.google.hu/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=hu&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca%2FdynamicSearch%2Ftelecharge.php%3Ftype%3D7%26file%3DGPI-3-1.pdf
Thanks.....it says "Mise a jour Aout 2013" on the bottom of each page.So confusing.
It`s gonna be a legal challenge to this,definetly.

Jenalby

Apr 19, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118 Nursing /Group B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Doc's Request.
8/08/2014 asked to submit ITR,docs reached Montreal on 17/10/2014
AOR Received.
File opened in April 2013 ,got it in hand on May 2013
IELTS Request
IELTS 7 band
Interview........
No idea...
LANDED..........
????2015?
Umer Shahzad said:
i think so in india people from 2011 are waiting ! and few of them are from 2010
It's partially correct ,last interview mission in India was Novemeber and May 2012 most people who were called for Interview was people who claimed 16 and 12 points which was given priority under old rules.Now it's anybody who claims any points for AOT ,come under third level for priority.Don know how they gonna allot people for Interview this time....confused...

beni

Dec 8, 2009
oszi said:
I kinda agree with you! But, this doesn't make sense to me. At the time of application submission you apply under the assumption that you are eligible, and they charged you, and then all of a sudden they change the rules and guess what, you may not be eligible any more!!! This is, in my opinion, irrational. In the case of federal skilled worker, when they changed the rules, they clearly mentioned that applications 'received' before the date of new rules will be processed under the old rules. I really don't get it why everything with Quebec should be so complicated.