27-09-2012
IELTS Request
IELTS+TEFAQ
File Transfer...
FED AOR 11-06-2015
Med's Request
WAITING
lemans207 said:
Interview waiver is that you get your CSQ instead of AOR , not after AOR :) so everyone here will have an interview

Truth hurts sometimes :p
[Hello Lemans 207,
I am new to this forum,i am from Albania and i have applied for CSQ too.
I wanted to know how long does it take for a response from Montreal about selection or interview.
Here in Albania nobody had a response from 2011.
I have made my appl. on june 2012 and on sep 2012 the letter that confirm the processing of the file.

i wish you a nice day.

mommy_pinay

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
Hi,

Thank you for that link it was quite helpful.

Below is my profile

Company Nurse, with work experience for 1 1/2 years - 4pts
with 2 kids 12 yrs and below and 1 kid 14 years old. -8pts
IELTS 5points
Bachelors degree in Nursing 16 pts + 10 pts for Education
Signed Financial Sufficiency 1 pt
Age 35 years old - 16pts

And I am not including my spouse in my application since he has a 3 year employment contract in UK and cannot accompany me, in case we get a Permanent residency, I know that if he does not arrive in Canada within a year of the release of the visa it will expire. That is why I am not including him yet with our application. But he did sign a notarized document allowing me to bring our kids.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any idea about current time lines for AOR for the Quebec applications?
I sent my application in May 2013 but no news yet..

also, my wedding is coming up sooooon...and my spouse has no knowledge of french at all...
there is no way he can learn upto B2 standards atleast for another year...

how will that affect my application?

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
EFK said:
Any idea about current time lines for AOR for the Quebec applications?
I sent my application in May 2013 but no news yet..

also, my wedding is coming up sooooon...and my spouse has no knowledge of french at all...
there is no way he can learn upto B2 standards atleast for another year...

how will that affect my application?
If you are yet to receive AOR, then your spouse can learn French and attain the B2 level before your interview. Let him start now. And you need to believe in his ability to learn and encourage him with positive words...

All the best as you prepare for your wedding

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
lemans207 said:
Interview waiver is that you get your CSQ instead of AOR , not after AOR :) so everyone here will have an interview

Not everyone has gotten an AOR......So some people may just get the CSQ straight..... :p

Nora3

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Tirana Albania
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal L'Europe de L'Est
NOC Code......
U024
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2012
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Nomination.....
27-09-2012
AOR Received.
27-09-2012
IELTS Request
IELTS+TEFAQ
File Transfer...
FED AOR 11-06-2015
Med's Request
WAITING
Preferred said:
Not everyone has gotten an AOR......So some people may just get the CSQ straight..... :p
Hello,
I am from Albania, i got on sep 2012 just an e-mail -acusse de reception,WHAT is AOR?

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Preferred said:
I know someone got waiver, graduate from france and c2 level in French ;D

why waiver is rare,
-The system of federal wasn't effective, complete point and get pr (immigrants jobless etc)
-They resolve this issue by introducing EOI system, b4 you apply immigration, you apply EOI ur primary application will be assessed by companies and not federal, if the companies interested and they see your successful, federal will invite you to apply for immigration.

As for quebec,
-they refused to be in EOI system
I think they issued the language requirements + interview to make it harder
interview is to see you if you can adept in quebec, if you can get job, your personality, attitude, appearance

mommy_pinay

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
Preferred said:
So it's better to hope for a CSQ and not an AOR. But nice to have AOR instead of refusal. ;D

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lemans207 said:

Can you show a document that proves it.. or do you have some statistics or proofs that can establish your claim ?. The immigration site clearly says what it does to process the application and never say anything about no AOR means direct CSQ

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/selection-process/index.html

This is my belief :

The immigration department will send AOR based on the initial study they do and they send the AOR to someone whom they feel can cross the minimum threshold points. However, due to the recent language rules changes, they may with hold the applications, which has language point claims in less than b2 level and may process it slowly, Considering there are lesser application with B2 or more, and lesser application for listed AOT, they may take up those older applications which failed in the language points with the newer rules, and provide them the route of Interview process.

Also, immigration department cannot be totally transparent too, and no country is transparent when it comes to immigration, the reason is, they want the best resources at the specific time or for long term future, hence they cannot take some x y z and take the burden of providing them the best of Health and education without any return .. hence its impossible to be transparent at all.. definitely, everyone will be unhappy with a rule change and application rejections, but, we have to live with it and we should appreciate the Quebec's right to chose whom it wants....

Also, another point we should remember is, if Quebec only needs french, why on earth should they give points for English ? Quebec still considers English as an important language and no province can get away from this, (The worlds biggest market is an English speaking nation)..

About me :: I got my AOR and to my belief I will have 58 points( married), i dont have any french and if i have to succeed i should achieve B2 before the interview or gain 5 points during the interview, Again its close to impossible, hence I have left the outcome with the departments hands...

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swamik said:
Can you show a document that proves it.. or do you have some statistics or proofs that can establish your claim ?. The immigration site clearly says what it does to process the application and never say anything about no AOR means direct CSQ

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/selection-process/index.html
swamik its absolutely correct, since long time ago these are applied.

just pray they put mission in the area where you live :'( sadly so slow

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
why nurses are given more points than any other occupation ?? is it the case they need more nurse and nothing more ??

kurtsebastian

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swamik said:
why nurses are given more points than any other occupation ?? is it the case they need more nurse and nothing more ??
There is a shortage of Nurses in Quebec, if you will check their job search website. They are have enormous of openings.

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
raistlin17phil said:
If you already have enough points for CSQ (minimum of 55 for single, 63 for married), there is a possibility of an interview waiver. Such is upon the discretion of the Immigration Officer. Usually they ask for an interview if they want to verify the originality of some documents, they want to assess your language level personally, or they have some information about you that they want to clarify.

Try to look at the guidelines they use, under 4.3.1.2 Selection of folder. Here's the link: http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=hu&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca%2FdynamicSearch%2Ftelecharge.php%3Ftype%3D7%26file%3DGPI-3-1.pdf&act=url

Good Luck! :)
If you go back to the GPI_3, at 4.2, you will see that you will be under Preliminary Examination, according to which AOR is sent.

at Selection Stage, ( 4.3 ), they go more thoroughly with your file, try to make sure of every paper and stamp and information given are ok.

Several employees from the ministere will study your file at this stage.

If both conditions stated in 4.3, are attained, then a waiver will be an option for them.

For those who assumed points for language ( before 6 Dec 2011 ) and those who chosed to send copies of their paper work, most likely will be called for an interview.

Of course along with those who didnt get extra 6 points before adaptability.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kurtsebastian said:
There is a shortage of Nurses in Quebec, if you will check their job search website. They are have enormous of openings.
They need mostly nurse and computer. but nurse life is too hard in Quebec, I have my aunt there head nurse as she says :D

Immigrant nurse should study a lot and do exams to become regulated job. they work shifts during night with cold weather.
So don't be jealous.. its the hardest profession, in addition some stupid treat them bad ???