NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
Umer Shahzad said:
from where u have got ur degree and what was the duration of ur degree and what was the title i can help u
Bachelor of Computer Science, Canadian University in Ontario (4 years)
I know I get 10 points for education and 12 points for AOT (old and new rules). But are there any points for this diploma being treated as Quebec diploma?

darshmodi

Nov 11, 2010
Ahmedabad - India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Umer and other seniors

Can anyone explain me the following on urgent basis

The rule in the previous paragraph for the degree of over
5 years are two exceptions:
-
if the candidate has held a management position (large groups from 01 to 09
as defined in the NOC), or if it was research professor and assistant
research at the university in their area of training, and demonstrates
that he performed duties directly related to their area of
training, the test points will be awarded;

if the applicant has practiced a profession overqualified, but in line with its
field of training, this occupation may permit the award of
Field points to the criterion of training. For example, a technician
Computer practicing as an analyst-consultant
computer (CNP 2171) may be awarded points for their
technician diploma obtained there are more than five years.

Please explain me the first exception

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Guys,

did you notice that they used " Preliminary Examination ", then they replaced it in July 26th i think to " Processing ", in the same page in the same sentence ..

So they used to say those for which Preliminary Examination has not begun yet, and then now they are putting :

with the exception of those for which processing began prior to that date.

So maybe START of Preliminary Examination and START of Processing are the same ...

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
signalmaker said:
Guys,

did you notice that they used " Preliminary Examination ", then they replaced it in July 26th i think to " Processing ", in the same page in the same sentence ..

So they used to say those for which Preliminary Examination has not begun yet, and then now they are putting :

with the exception of those for which processing began prior to that date.

So maybe START of Preliminary Examination and START of Processing are the same ...
and by the way in the GPI_3 they only use " Preliminary Examination "

Jenalby

Apr 19, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118 Nursing /Group B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Doc's Request.
8/08/2014 asked to submit ITR,docs reached Montreal on 17/10/2014
AOR Received.
File opened in April 2013 ,got it in hand on May 2013
IELTS Request
IELTS 7 band
Interview........
No idea...
LANDED..........
????2015?
rohitchaudhary1976 said:
FYI: THEY ARE NOT GIVING ANY POINTS FOR READING GUYS IN IELTS OR FRENCH, ONLY SPEAKING, LISTENING AND WRITING........
Language Rules
Applicants applying to the skilled worker stream of the QSW program can receive a maximum of 22 points for language skills. Up to 16 points are awarded for French proficiency, and up to 6 for English.
French points are assessed on a scale from A1 (beginner) to C2 (advanced/fluent). Previously, points could be claimed for any level of proficiency in listening and speaking. This began with 1 point for A1 level and a maximum of 8 points for a C1 or C2 level for each proficiency.
The points system has been changed so that, moving forward, no points will be awarded until the B2 (advanced intermediate) level. In addition, applicants will now have the opportunity to earn points for reading and writing proficiency. Up to 1 point can be earned in each of these categories.
The charts below illustrates the new points breakdown:

English proficiency has similarly changed. Points for English language skills will not be awarded until the Intermediate level, or levels 5-8 according to government criteria:

It is important to note that applicants would not be disqualified for possessing less than B1 proficiency in French or English. The QSW application is assessed on a points system, and it is possible for an applicant to achieve sufficient points without being awarded points for their language skills.
These language rules will be effective for new applicants beginning August 1st, 2013. The rules will be effective retroactively for submitted files for which preliminary processing has not already begun. What constitutes ‘preliminary processing’ has not been made clear in the government’s announcement.

Courtesy :http://www.cicnews.com/2013/07/quebec-announces-major-immigration-programs-072652.html

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have just given a call to BIQ and they said that they don't have any tool to check whether the new rules are applicable on the old applicants but most of the files will be effected by the new rules and ur file might have chances to be get assessed on new rules

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Umer Shahzad said:
i have just given a call to BIQ and they said that they don't have any tool to check whether the new rules are applicable on the old applicants but most of the files will be effected by the new rules and ur file might have chances to be get assessed on new rules
yes, they said that to me today, the man said I DONT HAVE YOUR FILE IN MY HANDS !!

he seemed to be not in a good mood.

but anyways they are not correct ..

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Jenalby said:
Language Rules
Applicants applying to the skilled worker stream of the QSW program can receive a maximum of 22 points for language skills. Up to 16 points are awarded for French proficiency, and up to 6 for English.
French points are assessed on a scale from A1 (beginner) to C2 (advanced/fluent). Previously, points could be claimed for any level of proficiency in listening and speaking. This began with 1 point for A1 level and a maximum of 8 points for a C1 or C2 level for each proficiency.
The points system has been changed so that, moving forward, no points will be awarded until the B2 (advanced intermediate) level. In addition, applicants will now have the opportunity to earn points for reading and writing proficiency. Up to 1 point can be earned in each of these categories.
The charts below illustrates the new points breakdown:

English proficiency has similarly changed. Points for English language skills will not be awarded until the Intermediate level, or levels 5-8 according to government criteria:

It is important to note that applicants would not be disqualified for possessing less than B1 proficiency in French or English. The QSW application is assessed on a points system, and it is possible for an applicant to achieve sufficient points without being awarded points for their language skills.
These language rules will be effective for new applicants beginning August 1st, 2013. The rules will be effective retroactively for submitted files for which preliminary processing has not already begun. What constitutes ‘preliminary processing' has not been made clear in the government's announcement.

Courtesy :http://www.cicnews.com/2013/07/quebec-announces-major-immigration-programs-072652.html
Nice and Lovely ! David Cohen himself still doesnt know what is meant by preliminary Examination :)))

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
signalmaker said:
Nice and Lovely ! David Cohen himself still doesnt know what is meant by preliminary Examination :)))
U make me smile - d fact that Cohen doesn't know it is nice and lovely! Interesting perspective you have :)

sameer004

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-2013 Received on ....:17-May-2013 . PER .... -29/7/2013الله أكبر
File Transfer...
02-Sept-2013
Med's Request
07-Jan-2014
good luck to all the people under quebec program , any idean when the interview are scheduled for 2015 and 2016 .

Nikusa

Jul 25, 2013
lemans207 said:
AOR is when they open your file and it has serial number, during this stage they calculate basic points and either they refuse or accept.
AOR is of Quebec then the second AOR from federal.

With adaptability they can play a game to refuse, lets say you total points 52 and you need 3 points for accpetance, he can give you 2 points and ull be 54 and refused.
1 point everyone gets, so if you go 54 youll pass he cant refuse you ;)
@ lemans :

So to clarify/confirm...if someone is at 54pts before CSQ interview...then the chances of getting the CSQ are almost gaurenteed..because they have to give that extra 1 point for just showing up?...So then, if that happens, and that person is now at 55pts...which means, the CSQ is given....is this right?

alexey_nathan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
Well, this is sad... I am getting only 48 points under new rules.
I want to send updated work certificates (my experience became longer, it can give me +2 more points now). Do you think they will accept it?

aidin

Aug 2, 2013
My occupation (civil engineering) gets 12 points according to the new quebec point system, im wondering if I can apply for Quebec skilled worker program without enclosing french or English test results at the first?

alexey_nathan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
aidin said:
My occupation (civil engineering) gets 12 points according to the new quebec point system, im wondering if I can apply for Quebec skilled worker program without enclosing french or English test results at the first?
You can apply if you get enough points without language knowledge. Use this evaluation to test your case.