+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

D

David83

Nikusa said:
@ David...:

Ok...so it seems you applied in June 2013...and i am guessing your file is not "in-processing"....so most definitely (unless they reverse their decision in the near future)....your application (along with mine too) will be processed under new rules...

In that case, i am not sure what the impact is since you finished your bachelors more than 5 years ago...did you do any RA/TA work?...or paid to do research during masters/phd?...

My understanding is that if you graduated more than 5 years ago, then in-order to qualify for AOT points (12 pts)...you need to show work experience in the field within the last 5 years...but i am not 100% confident of my logic in this!
Yes, they say in their website either less than 5 years, or at least one year experience (to gather the 12 points of AOT). Yes I am RA for 3 years now, but not in Computer Engineering, but rather in Electrical Engineering.

harryneedinfo

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
AOR Received.
Nov 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Interview........
Waived
Does anybody know about the point system very well ?
As per the web site we can gain upto 28 points in education

i've done 4 year full time undergraduate diploma (outside canada)
now m persuing quebec vocational diploma (900hrs).
AOT of quebec vocational diploma gives me 16 points

so how many points i will get in education ? ::)

darshmodi

Nov 11, 2010
Ahmedabad - India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Umer and other seniors

Can anyone explain me the following on urgent basis

The rule in the previous paragraph for the degree of over
5 years are two exceptions:
-
if the candidate has held a management position (large groups from 01 to 09
as defined in the NOC), or if it was research professor and assistant
research at the university in their area of training, and demonstrates
that he performed duties directly related to their area of
training, the test points will be awarded;

if the applicant has practiced a profession overqualified, but in line with its
field of training, this occupation may permit the award of
Field points to the criterion of training. For example, a technician
Computer practicing as an analyst-consultant
computer (CNP 2171) may be awarded points for their
technician diploma obtained there are more than five years.

Please explain me the first exception

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
signalmaker said:
no dears ... no one is in priority unless he is under the other eperience quebecooise, or arranged employment ..
Priority is based on points earned as mentioned in

The Ministère prioritizes the processing of immigration applications filed by skilled worker candidates with diplomas according to the points associated with the area of training on the 2013 List of areas of training (PDF, 332 Kb).

shan123

May 21, 2012
oszi said:
You have a continuous work experience in the last 5 years, out of which 4 are totally related to U115, and you only need 1. There should be no problem, 12 points education, 6 points AOT, 8 points work experience.
Choose U115 Computer Science (Bach. - 3 years) for AOT in the form.

how can i use U115 code for my bachelors degree of computer science which is 4yrs course???

darshmodi

Nov 11, 2010
Ahmedabad - India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
darshmodi said:
Dear Friends and seniors

Can anyone explain me the following on urgent basis

The rule in the previous paragraph for the degree of over
5 years are two exceptions:
-
if the candidate has held a management position (large groups from 01 to 09
as defined in the NOC), or if it was research professor and assistant
research at the university in their area of training, and demonstrates
that he performed duties directly related to their area of
training, the test points will be awarded;

if the applicant has practiced a profession overqualified, but in line with its
field of training, this occupation may permit the award of
Field points to the criterion of training. For example, a technician
Computer practicing as an analyst-consultant
computer (CNP 2171) may be awarded points for their
technician diploma obtained there are more than five years.

Please explain me the first exception

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
swamik said:
Priority is based on points earned as mentioned in

The Ministère prioritizes the processing of immigration applications filed by skilled worker candidates with diplomas according to the points associated with the area of training on the 2013 List of areas of training (PDF, 332 Kb).
thank you for notifying me .. but the question now, will those who applied before August, and already got AOR, and already In Process, become in priority now after beign not in priority for some time ?

maybe Lemans has some comments about that ..

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
signalmaker said:
thank you for notifying me .. but the question now, will those who applied before August, and already got AOR, and already In Process, become in priority now after beign not in priority for some time ?

Yes they will, this is my opinion. Actually, they will have all details in computer records created based on the occupation on which an individual is assessed.,hence the points will automatically assigned for these occupation in the records they maintain. I dont think they will have the files as paper files any more, they will enter the data into a system and maintain the details from it, instead of manually looking at papers. Anyone who had applied before will have the higher standing then the one who applied now automatically.. Even logically, anyone who had applied before will be given priority then the one applying now if they have equal standing. they are intelligent enough to understand this.. is it not the case ?

But, there is a catch here, if for some application the process is already complete in determining the suitability and for whom they have put on the Interview wait list, the new rule may not apply though. If any of these cases get rejected, they can submit an administrative review and explain the case about the increased priority for occupation and you will be through thats it...

All the above are my opinion...

mdammalli

Oct 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
HK/New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
29-12-2011
IELTS Request
I havent given any IELTS exam
VISA ISSUED...
APPLICATION REJECTED on 18/08/2015
I'm confused.

They have given 12 points for AOT for Computer science and Engineering. and 0 points for electronics and communications engineering.

I have done Bachelor in electronics and communication engineering and Masters(M-Tech) in Computer science and engineering.

Could anybody guess how much points I may get for my AOT?

vicky4frendz

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/10/2011
AOR Received.
3/12/2011
IELTS Request
Submited afterwards
Interview........
Waiting :(
Hi All

I've done Bachelor in Chemistry & I was having work experience of 4 yrs at the time of submission of my application in Oct-11.

Do I fall in to priority? OR in the list of AOT with 12 points....? :-X

Please please advice friends.....
??? ???

alexey_nathan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
Do they still give you points for Quebec diploma (or diploma treated as Quebec diploma)?

UPD: I guess so... page 32 of the guide says:

- Points are awarded for a Québec diploma or degree assimilated to a Québec diploma regardless of the language of instruction.

alexey_nathan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
Guys, I need your help!
Take a look at this page – http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-immigration-education.html. Section "Quebec diploma".

It says Quebec diploma gives you 6 points. I didn't find ANY official support for that statement. Is it true? I'm confused! I really counted on it (I have a "diploma treated as Quebec diploma")

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
signalmaker said:

i still believe who applied under old rules will be treated under new rules, because to b treated under new rules, they must ask applicants for new applications, to be treated under old rules.

but i am sure the interviews will be very strict, i hear that the acceptance or rejection decision is taken before interview, interview just to see us and our original documents.

alexey_nathan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
lemans207 said:
i still believe who applied under old rules will be treated under new rules, because to b treated under new rules, they must ask applicants for new applications, to be treated under new rules.

but i am sure the interviews will be very strict, i hear that the acceptance or rejection decision is taken before interview, interview just to see us and our original documents.
So, interview means acceptance in most cases? Because, why would they interview someone who they already decided to reject?

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alexey_nathan said:
So, interview means acceptance in most cases? Because, why would they interview someone who they already decided to reject?
thats very good questions, that will prove that once we get our AOR means we are partially accepted.
Why do they give us AOR? means they studies our files and interview to confirm all provided info is correct.

they can refuse you during interview but its rare

just go to interview and your total points passing with only calculating 1 point adaptability