QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
signalmaker said:
Yes, nothing called priority unless you are in case ... X, Y, Z ....
Hey singalmaker what abt the people in 2012 they got AOR cos there AOT fall in 2009 and they claim pts for those on that base they were issued AOR

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
oszi said:
If that is true, then everyone is priority since July 2012, as being on that list was criteria to even open an application throughout the last year...
no dears ... no one is in priority unless he is under the other eperience quebecooise, or arranged employment ..

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
shan123 said:
Thanks :) . I am happy now after reading your reply.....Thanks :)

So how should i change my code from U062 ---U 115 in my present application?? and what documents shall i attach to support it ...Thanks for all your replies :)
I think the same documents you had before. Those should justify choosing U115 in the application form. That is the only thing you need to change. But this is a new application, forget about the other one, that will be refused.

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Nikusa said:
Hi...Old/New Applicant here...

I would very much appreciate any input regarding AOT points allocation under new rules :

(1) Computter Engineering is now 12 points...(foreign from USA)...does this make it priority? If so, what are the benefits of it being classified
as priority?

(2) I am currently in the masters program in computer engineering (again from USA)....if i submit my application within next one month, (i already have approx 51 considering only undergrad and 12-24 mnths work experience under new rules), then can i also claim points for masters since i'd be graduating in May 2014. If i can claim points for masters, what would be the requirments to get them since i wont have a degree certificate to produce at time of application!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)
i dont think it will be in priority now .. only Experince Quebecoise and arranged employment ..

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
oszi said:
By the way I have checked the new version of op manual, it is still only points 12 and 16 which are priority (page 18).
they are still sleeping as always ..

Canadians are really slow people, not like Americans ..

shan123

May 21, 2012
oszi said:
I think the same documents you had before. Those should justify choosing U115 in the application form. That is the only thing you need to change. But this is a new application, forget about the other one, that will be refused.
When i sent the application i wrote the code U062 but now i need to change the code to U115 in the same application ...i don't want to apply again...Can i do that??

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Jenalby said:
Ya I submitted my IELTS along with my application and I got my AOR in MAy :)...still confused abt the word processing...do know if my file is processed or in process or yet to be processed only GOd knows...But good thing is NUrsing AOT fetches extra 4 points ,previously it was 12 now it's 16...
just call them and ask about status of the file ... if processed or not ...

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Umer Shahzad said:
Hey singalmaker what abt the people in 2012 they got AOR cos there AOT fall in 2009 and they claim pts for those on that base they were issued AOR
Hi,

most likely not effected by new rules .. just pick the phone tomorrow and ask them about status .. if in process then not effected ...

anyways i feel like not effected ..

D

David83

David83 said:
Hello all,

I did the evaluation under the new rules from the official website, and the result was that I don't meet the criteria. I have a Bachelor degree in computer engineering (2007), and a Master degree in electrical engineering (2010), and now I am doing my PhD in electrical engineering. So, I have computer engineering degree for more than five years and I had no experience in it (I had some training), since I continue my education in a row. Do you think there is a chance to consider it and gain 12 points, in case of which I become eligible? I already applied Jun 2013, and I am not sure if I shall withdraw my application or not?

Thanks
Any one on this, please?

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
shan123 said:
When i sent the application i wrote the code U062 but now i need to change the code to U115 in the same application ...i don't want to apply again...Can i do that??

I do not think so. But I think this is call center topic, or you need someone (a consultant) who tried it before, who has experience with that kind of change. I think a new app is much safer.

shan123

May 21, 2012
oszi said:
I do not think so. But I think this is call center topic, or you need someone (a consultant) who tried it before, who has experience with that kind of change. I think a new app is much safer.
New Application means i have to start from the beginning ....and also the pay the fees again??

what about using "change to the application for a selection certificate " form and also a letter attached, explaining it.

Nikusa

Jul 25, 2013
signalmaker said:
i dont think it will be in priority now .. only Experince Quebecoise and arranged employment ..
@ Signalmaker: Thanks a lot for your reply...i am reposting an earlier question i had posted before is of cause for concern for me!

Do i qualify for job experience (12-24mths = 4 pts) if my position was software engineer/IT consultant but my AOT is Computer Engineering (Bach - 4years from USA) when considering both old and new rules?!?!

Just wondering!

Any advice grateful !

Nikusa

Jul 25, 2013
David83 said:
Any one on this, please?
@David:

Not meeting the criteria depends on multiple factors...not just education and/or work experience. Take a look
at the following link: (add the www in front!)

canadavisa.com/quebec-skilled-worker-immigration (dot html)

They have a points break down there. Although this might not be updated to reflect the new rules post August 1st 2013, it does give you
and idea where you might stand in order to apply!

Hope this helps!

D

David83

Nikusa said:
@ David:

Not meeting the criteria depends on multiple factors...not just education and/or work experience. Take a look
at the following link: (add the www in front!)

canadavisa.com/quebec-skilled-worker-immigration (dot html)

They have a points break down there. Although this might not be updated to reflect the new rules post August 1st 2013, it does give you
and idea where you might stand in order to apply!

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the reply. As I said, when I change when I got my Bachelor from 6 years to 5 years ago, and keeping all other factors the same I become eligible. Is there a chance to compensate in an interview, for example? Because I am thinking to withdraw my application before they take the money if there is no slight chance of being selected!!

Nikusa

Jul 25, 2013
David83 said:
Thanks for the reply. As I said, when I change when I got my Bachelor from 6 years to 5 years ago, and keeping all other factors the same I become eligible. Is there a chance to compensate in an interview, for example? Because I am thinking to withdraw my application before they take the money if there is no slight chance of being selected!!
@David...:

Ok...so it seems you applied in June 2013...and i am guessing your file is not "in-processing"....so most definitely (unless they reverse their decision in the near future)....your application (along with mine too) will be processed under new rules...

In that case, i am not sure what the impact is since you finished your bachelors more than 5 years ago...did you do any RA/TA work?...or paid to do research during masters/phd?...

My understanding is that if you graduated more than 5 years ago, then in-order to qualify for AOT points (12 pts)...you need to show work experience in the field within the last 5 years...but i am not 100% confident of my logic in this!