Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Preferred said:
U make me smile - d fact that Cohen doesn't know it is nice and lovely! Interesting perspective you have :)
:)), actually it is sad and not lovely ::)))

aidin

Aug 2, 2013
By my calculation I get 54 points (married) so I need 3 points of language to reach 57, can I get these 3 points by showing the language test result at the interview, or I should enclose the results now? Let me tell you that I haven't taken any language tests yet.

Nikusa

Jul 25, 2013
alexey_nathan said:
Well, this is sad... I am getting only 48 points under new rules.
I want to send updated work certificates (my experience became longer, it can give me +2 more points now). Do you think they will accept it?
@ Alexey_nathan:

Mate...its best you send it asap...you got nothing to loose...if you feel you are falling short on points, just sending an addition
to your application is best move forward, they might consider it and its definitely worth a shot!!

D

David83

aidin said:
By my calculation I get 54 points (married) so I need 3 points of language to reach 57, can I get these 3 points by showing the language test result at the interview, or I should enclose the results now? Let me tell you that I haven't taken any language tests yet.
I believe if you check the language proficiency in the checklist, then you need to provide language attestations with the application. Otherwise, your application will be returned. On the other hand, if you don't check the language proficiency in the checklist and your don't provide language attestations, then you won't get any points for the language part (i.e, 0/28).

There is a third option, which I am not sure if you can do, you don't check the language part at first for them to accept the application, and then you provide the attestations once they are available.

aidin

Aug 2, 2013
David83 said:
I believe if you check the language proficiency in the checklist, then you need to provide language attestations with the application. Otherwise, your application will be returned. On the other hand, if you don't check the language proficiency in the checklist and your don't provide language attestations, then you won't get any points for the language part (i.e, 0/28).

There is a third option, which I am not sure if you can do, you don't check the language part at first for them to accept the application, and then you provide the attestations once they are available.
I got a newsletter email from attorney cohen referring to a link on canadavisa. Com that 12 point occupations don't need to submit french test result to the application, and my occupation is in the 12 points list, I get 54 from 57 and need 3 points of language, I am confused about this.

mommy_pinay

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
Hi,

I'm a nurse and will bring my kids with me. However not sure how they will count April 2008, if it is more than 5 years or 5 years. I worked part time as company nurse for 18 months and full time as Follow up nurse for 8 months not sure how they will consider my education.

Thanks,

mommy_pinay

aidin

Aug 2, 2013
I have another question, my brother in law is on study permit at quebec and he's applied for permanent residency 2 years ago &now he has passed medical tests.he is very close to getting the pr. Can i add 3 point of family reside in quebec to my points?

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
aidin said:
I have another question, my brother in law is on study permit at quebec and he's applied for permanent residency 2 years ago &now he has passed medical tests.he is very close to getting the pr. Can i add 3 point of family reside in quebec to my points?
most likely not, for many reason :

i dont think brother in low gives points ..

he should be a PR

you will have to prove that with Social security and bank statements from him ..

aidin

Aug 2, 2013
signalmaker said:
most likely not, for many reason :

i dont think brother in low gives points ..

he should be a PR

you will have to prove that with Social security and bank statements from him ..
I'm copying this from quebec immigration website : Family relationship with a Canadian citizen or permanent resident in Québec

The "Family in Québec" factor is assessed based on the direct kinship (spouse, son or daughter, father or mother, brother or sister, grandfather or grandmother) that you or your accompanying spouse or de facto spouse have with a Canadian citizen or permanent resident in Québec.

harryneedinfo

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
AOR Received.
Nov 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Interview........
Waived
::) HELP PLEASE

Does anybody know about the point system very well ?
As per the web site we can gain upto 28 points in education

i've done 4 year full time undergraduate diploma (outside canada) = 10 POINTS
now m persuing quebec vocational diploma (900hrs) = 6 POINTS
AOT of quebec vocational diploma gives me 16 points = 16 POINTS

So i will get 28 points ? ::) ::)

alexey_nathan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
harryneedinfo said:
::) HELP PLEASE

Does anybody know about the point system very well ?
As per the web site we can gain upto 28 points in education

i've done 4 year full time undergraduate diploma (outside canada) = 10 POINTS
now m persuing quebec vocational diploma (900hrs) = 6 POINTS
AOT of quebec vocational diploma gives me 16 points = 16 POINTS

So i will get 28 points ? ::) ::)
Where did you get an information about quebec vocational diploma being worth 6 points?

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
aidin said:
I'm copying this from quebec immigration website : Family relationship with a Canadian citizen or permanent resident in Québec

The "Family in Québec" factor is assessed based on the direct kinship (spouse, son or daughter, father or mother, brother or sister, grandfather or grandmother) that you or your accompanying spouse or de facto spouse have with a Canadian citizen or permanent resident in Québec.
so the brother in low is not included

D

David83

signalmaker said:
so the brother in low is not included
But he is the brother of the spouse!!

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
David83 said:
But he is the brother of the spouse!!
well, does brother in low includes the brother of the wife ?!
what i know is that brother in low is husband of sister ..