+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec applicants 2010(Damascus) waiting for medicals

Souheilo

Aug 3, 2013
Apolo said:
Hello Lemans,
It's clearly stated on CIC website and online forums that after we get the CSQ, CIC can only reject us based on our criminal record or if we are considered as a threat to the canadian society.
moreover, the majority of the files that get rejected by CIC are FSW files, and specifically those files that do not have "we started processing your file on X/X/X" line. In fact, their status usually passes directly to "decision made".
it's worthy to note also that, in these cases, they send rejection letters and not passport stamps.

Regards,

What do you mean, if our online status is still received and has not changed into process that means we may be rejected ??? Please answer.

csaade

Mar 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Beirut/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-10-2010 CSQ
AOR Received.
24-1-2011 Federal
Med's Request
03-07-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
Passport Req..
05-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
LANDED..........
29-03-2014
lemans207 said:
i didnt mean it will come stamped rejection, not at all. but they do again some security checks. hope you all get visa :D

but you can see cases on trackitt.com
It's a fast security check to make sure you haven't committed a crime since you sent the updated docs.
Who on earth would do such thing at the last stage?
Oh wait, we live in wonderland, anything can happen eh?

Lams

Dec 4, 2013
Lmastory said:
Cherif I also went ahead and pushed my questions a bit further after explaining the situations involved in having the passport back , I asked if returning the passport might exceed the next week and the response was No , so definitely it has been narrowed down to March 24- 29 , i hope for Lams and Csaade sake that they would get at most by the 24 because their flights are booked earlier than mine.
Yesterday I sent an email to the canadian embassy asking for the max time that a passport could take to be visa stamped and that was the answer ( copy - paste )

"Please note that your application is not yet finalised. We will printing the visa at Beirut visa office and your file was initially processed at Bucharest office.
We are unable to provide you with a specific time frame at this stage and there is no processing time related to this issue. We will contact you once the visa is ready."

Lmastory

May 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ - September 17 2009
AOR Received.
21-FEB-2010
File Transfer...
February 22, 2012
Med's Request
August 1 2013
Med's Done....
August 7 2013
Passport Req..
March 6 2014
VISA ISSUED...
march 24 2014
LANDED..........
April 1st 2014
Souheilo said:
What do you mean, if our online status is still received and has not changed into process that means we may be rejected ??? Please answer.
Souheilo, no it does not mean that, dont worry about the current bouncing topic and dont panic from what you read, everything is ok, just a little bit of misinformation, nothing more.

Souheilo

Aug 3, 2013
Lmastory said:
Souheilo, no it does not mean that, dont worry about the current bouncing topic and dont panic from what you read, everything is ok, just a little bit of misinformation, nothing more.
Of course i am worried. Imagine from August 20, 2013 until now and my file does not state in process.

initial

Feb 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Montreal
wdOnCanada said:
Yeh, unfortunately I think that my AOR landed in a "not so nice" neighbours hands... I never received it till this minute. I had to communicate with them by email to know about my status at the time.

Anyway, you are right, it is still too early for me to start getting worried and will keep on waiting for my golden email...

+ 1 514 864-9191

Notre service téléphonique est accessible aux heures suivantes :

Lundi, mardi, jeudi et vendredi : de 8 h à 16 h 30 (Heure de Montréal)

Mercredi : de 10 h 30 à 16 h 30 (Heure de Montréal)

I recieved mine about 2 months after expiratuon date. So don't worry. But u can call them better than email.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
csaade said:
It's a fast security check to make sure you haven't committed a crime since you sent the updated docs.
Who on earth would do such thing at the last stage?
Oh wait, we live in wonderland, anything can happen eh?
yes its true, i will face same procedure, its for all :'(

Lmastory

May 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ - September 17 2009
AOR Received.
21-FEB-2010
File Transfer...
February 22, 2012
Med's Request
August 1 2013
Med's Done....
August 7 2013
Passport Req..
March 6 2014
VISA ISSUED...
march 24 2014
LANDED..........
April 1st 2014
Lams said:
Yesterday I sent an email to the canadian embassy asking for the max time that a passport could take to be visa stamped and that was the answer ( copy - paste )

"Please note that your application is not yet finalised. We will printing the visa at Beirut visa office and your file was initially processed at Bucharest office.
We are unable to provide you with a specific time frame at this stage and there is no processing time related to this issue. We will contact you once the visa is ready."
Lams looks like we got 2 different responses about the time frame, try calling them and see what they tell you, btw check your inbox in a minute

Lams

Dec 4, 2013
It seems that any person living in Lebanon and even if he don't have a lebanese citizenship acquire our bad habits
It's might be true that the embassy employees are all Canadien but as our lebanese proverb says
" 3acher el 2oum 2arb3in youm ya bitsir mitloun ya bterhal 3anoun"

Yalla "li chirib el naher ma bighous bil sa2ye"

Enjoy those remaining few weeks with your families, happy Mother's Day to all your mothers and Allah yerham all those who passed away.

Apolo

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Oct-2010 (CSQ file submitted in Damascus)
Doc's Request.
21-Sep-2012
Nomination.....
10-May-2013 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
24-May-2013 (Federal file submitted)
Med's Request
03-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
01-Nov-2013
Passport Req..
30-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-June-2014
LANDED..........
September 2014
Souheilo said:
Hello Souheilo,
no my friend it doesn't mean that :)
my status was still in "received" state till last week before it got updated to "in process"... yours will be updated soon inshalla :)

Lams

Dec 4, 2013
Lmastory said:
Lams looks like we got 2 different responses about the time frame, try calling them and see what they tell you, btw check your inbox in a minute
I called NSF and they have no idea of the time frame I called the embassy and they said they can't give
me a time frame either.

danyboy

Star Member
May 17, 2013
mount lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
8-2013
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Interview........
4-2013
wdOnCanada said:
It expired back in February 2014. The problem is, I don't trust Libanpost based on previous experiences... So most probably, and if sent by mail it won't reach its destination!!
i advise you to rent a P.O box at any branch for liban post. it is much better than to give them you home address.
this way , your mail will always reach you, at least this is what i do.

wdOnCanada

May 27, 2011
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nothing
Nomination.....
22-02-2011 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
22-07-2011 (Through email)
File Transfer...
Bucharest : 22-08-2013
Med's Request
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2013
Passport Req..
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
04-07-2014
danyboy said:
i advise you to rent a P.O box at any branch for liban post. it is much better than to give them you home address.
this way , your mail will always reach you, at least this is what i do.
It is a good idea that I wish I had when I started this tedious process... As for now, it is not worth it any more. I am monitoring my email every 10 mins and that is enough for me.

Canadian_Citizen

Aug 24, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Beirut/Romania
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/11/2009 for CSQ
Doc's Request.
April 24, 2013
Nomination.....
03/31/2010 Received CSQ
AOR Received.
Federal May 6,2010
Med's Request
April 24, 2013
Med's Done....
May 27, 2013
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
March 3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2014
LANDED..........
March 28, 2014
lemans207 said:
i didnt mean it will come stamped rejection, not at all. but they do again some security checks. hope you all get visa :D

but you can see cases on trackitt.com
What on earth are you talking about? When my MP told me they were doing security checks after the medical, you were the first person to say that security checks are done before the medicals...now you changed your tune?

Stop twisting your own words...you're confusing people in this forum.

dr tarekk

Champion Member
Dec 30, 2013
ok read it plz,i know that it is may be for federal ,but i am talking about the last phrases in this article,read it carefuly plz:
Processing

What happens when my application is sent to the visa office?

The first communication from the visa office will be Acknowledgment of Receipt. You will receive a receipt for payment of the fees and a standard letter stating how long approximately processing of your application will take. You will be asked not to contact the visa office before the standard processing time elapses. You can get the letter in 4 weeks or 4 months - perhaps even later, in some instances. Acknowledgment of receipt does NOT mean that the application is complete and that there is nothing missing. It simply means that it was entered into the system.

At one point in the future, someone will again pick up your application and this time review its contents. If anything is missing, you will be asked to submit the documents within a specified time. If you fail to do so, your application may be refused at this point, without any further processing.

If everything is complete and no documents are missing, Canadian government starts to do security background check on you and your family. This may take several months or several years, depending on the country where you live and where you used to live. If it takes too long, you may be asked for an update of your documents so that the visa officer knows that you still qualify and that you did not abandon the application.

When the security background check is completed and all necessary documents and updated information is on file, the officer will decide whether you should attend a personal interview. If this is the case, you will be sent a written request to attend the interview at already specified day and hour. Failing to attend the interview may result in refusal of the application. If you cannot attend, you must notify the visa office in advance and request another appointment. Some offices will accommodate such a request, some will not.

Now you have been interviewed and approved. If the office is not experiencing backlog, you will be sent medical forms and asked to complete medical examination in a few weeks after the interview. Once the results of the examination and its evaluation by medical officer arrive to the visa office, you will be asked to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (if you didn't pay it at the time of the submission).

And then you will receive the final letter - request to submit your passport. Only at this point you can rest assured that your application has been approved and that you will be issued immigrant visa