2012/11/21
Passport Req..
2014/04/15
VISA ISSUED...
2014/04/23
LANDED..........
2014/05/14
Lmastory said:
Well i had to go to the bottom of this story and contribute my findings, now at least other members from the same case won't be wondering anymore but will have an approx ETA instead.
that's right, it is hardest for the person who first experiences it, there is an idea now what still waiting for us after the PPR.. and seems this is not the end of the story, but just the beginning upon arrival to Quebec

wdOnCanada

May 27, 2011
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nothing
Nomination.....
22-02-2011 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
22-07-2011 (Through email)
File Transfer...
Bucharest : 22-08-2013
Med's Request
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2013
Passport Req..
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
04-07-2014
Lmastory said:
Well i had to go to the bottom of this story and contribute my findings, now at least other members from the same case won't be wondering anymore but will have an approx ETA instead.
Thanks Lmastory, your research and sharing is always helpful on all fronts... I still don't have a clear answer about expired CSQ and its renewal and hope you can help.

My CSQ expired a month ago, and I didn't receive any notification on the topic since then... Neither did I receive a renewal by mail or email.

What happened with your CSQ and do you think I need to send an email or sthg to follow up on its status?

Thanks

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cherif2100 said:
5 years process may take them longer to review each file lol , at least things are clear now, let's wish some good news to all soon..
usally decision made before they ask for passport, passports return with rejection stamp and not visa
Who said they passed security?
But hope you get visa stamped

Normal process is like dori, they received passport, stamped visa and 4th day he got it.

Lmastory

May 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ - September 17 2009
AOR Received.
21-FEB-2010
File Transfer...
February 22, 2012
Med's Request
August 1 2013
Med's Done....
August 7 2013
Passport Req..
March 6 2014
VISA ISSUED...
march 24 2014
LANDED..........
April 1st 2014
cherif2100 said:
that's right, it is hardest for the person who first experiences it, there is an idea now what still waiting for us after the PPR.. and seems this is not the end of the story, but just the beginning upon arrival to Quebec
Cherif I also went ahead and pushed my questions a bit further after explaining the situations involved in having the passport back , I asked if returning the passport might exceed the next week and the response was No , so definitely it has been narrowed down to March 24- 29 , i hope for Lams and Csaade sake that they would get at most by the 24 because their flights are booked earlier than mine.

Lmastory

May 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ - September 17 2009
AOR Received.
21-FEB-2010
File Transfer...
February 22, 2012
Med's Request
August 1 2013
Med's Done....
August 7 2013
Passport Req..
March 6 2014
VISA ISSUED...
march 24 2014
LANDED..........
April 1st 2014
wdOnCanada said:
Thanks Lmastory, your research and sharing is always helpful on all fronts... I still don't have a clear answer about expired CSQ and its renewal and hope you can help.

My CSQ expired a month ago, and I didn't receive any notification on the topic since then... Neither did I receive a renewal by mail or email.

What happened with your CSQ and do you think I need to send an email or sthg to follow up on its status?

Thanks

Well i cant get you precise information about expired CSQ but i can share my personal experience when it happened to me.
the initial 3-years duration one expired in september 2012 , I received the extended 1-year copy via libanpost mail by november 2013 and judging by stamps on the parcel it was issued and mailed from quebec in september 2013 .

Sending an email was not fruitful never got a clear response apart from "when your VO requests the extension of your CSQ only then we will issue it"

when did yours expire?

wdOnCanada

May 27, 2011
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nothing
Nomination.....
22-02-2011 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2013
Passport Req..
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
04-07-2014
Lmastory said:
Well i cant get you precise information about expired CSQ but i can share my personal experience when it happened to me.
the initial 3-years duration one expired in september 2012 , I received the extended 1-year copy via libanpost mail by november 2013 and judging by stamps on the parcel it was issued and mailed from quebec in september 2013 .

Sending an email was not fruitful never got a clear response apart from "when your VO requests the extension of your CSQ only then we will issue it"

when did yours expire?
It expired back in February 2014. The problem is, I don't trust Libanpost based on previous experiences... So most probably, and if sent by mail it won't reach its destination!!

Apolo

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Oct-2010 (CSQ file submitted in Damascus)
Doc's Request.
21-Sep-2012
Nomination.....
10-May-2013 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
24-May-2013 (Federal file submitted)
Med's Request
03-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
01-Nov-2013
Passport Req..
30-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-June-2014
LANDED..........
September 2014
lemans207 said:
usally decision made before they ask for passport, passports return with rejection stamp and not visa

Normal process is like dori, they received passport, stamped visa and 4th day he got it.
Hello Lemans,
It's clearly stated on CIC website and online forums that after we get the CSQ, CIC can only reject us based on our criminal record or if we are considered as a threat to the canadian society.
moreover, the majority of the files that get rejected by CIC are FSW files, and specifically those files that do not have "we started processing your file on X/X/X" line. In fact, their status usually passes directly to "decision made".
it's worthy to note also that, in these cases, they send rejection letters and not passport stamps.

Regards,

csaade

Mar 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Beirut/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-10-2010 CSQ
AOR Received.
24-1-2011 Federal
Med's Request
03-07-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
Passport Req..
05-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
LANDED..........
29-03-2014
Lmastory said:
Cherif I also went ahead and pushed my questions a bit further after explaining the situations involved in having the passport back , I asked if returning the passport might exceed the next week and the response was No , so definitely it has been narrowed down to March 24- 29 , i hope for Lams and Csaade sake that they would get at most by the 24 because their flights are booked earlier than mine.
Well this blows, all my plans have changed now.
Aren't they done from reviewing the files? Don't they get bored?
Can't wait till this nightmare is over.
Thanks for the info.

lily canada

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/06/2010
Nomination.....
25/01/2011
AOR Received.
06/02/2011
Med's Request
13/08/2013
Med's Done....
05/09/2013
Interview........
25/01/2011
Passport Req..
31/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Reserved on August 2014
wdOnCanada said:
It expired back in February 2014. The problem is, I don't trust Libanpost based on previous experiences... So most probably, and if sent by mail it won't reach its destination!!
mine also expired in January 2014,I sent email to quebec immigration offiice and below you can find their reply :

In reply to your e-mail, we wish to point out first that if you have permanent resident status, you do not need to renew your Certificat de sélection du Québec.

If you are not yet a permanent resident and you want to renew your Certificat de sélection du Québec because it will soon expire, you can do so if you are in one of the following situations:

1. You received your certificate under the Skilled Workers Program or the Business Immigration Program and you submitted your application for permanent residence to Citizenship and Immigration Canada, but you have not yet received your permanent resident visa.

You must:
• Send a letter to the Québec immigration office that is handling your file (you will find the address on our website by consulting the Our offices outside Québec – by country page);
• Include a copy of the letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada asking you to renew your Certificat de sélection du Québec.

2. You received your certificate under the Family Reunification Program (Sponsorship) and you submitted your application for permanent residence, but you have still not obtained your permanent resident visa.

Your sponsor (or guarantor) must:
• Send us a letter confirming his intention to pursue the sponsorship of the people for whom he made an undertaking. The letter must contain the file number and name and address of all sponsored persons;
• Include proof of his address (copy of an electricity or other bill);
• Send his letter of confirmation to the Direction de l’immigration humanitaire of the Ministère at the address found on the Our offices outside Québec – by country page of our website.

Please note that only the sponsor can request renewal of the Certificat de sélection du Québec and that, where applicable, all persons who co-signed the undertaking must also sign the letter requesting renewal.

3. Your certificate was issued under the Live-In Caregiver Program.

You must call our Centre de contacts clientèle. An agent will tell you what steps to take.

Montréal area: 514-864-9191
Elsewhere in Québec (toll free): 1-877-864-9191
From outside Quebec + 1-514-864-9191

Note that if your Certificat de sélection du Québec has expired and you have not filed an application for permanent residence, you cannot renew your certificate. However, you can submit a new application for a Québec selection certificate. In this case, you must comply with the rules and requirements in effect.

Yours truly,

If you need to communicate with us again, please use our secure form available at www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/email.

and since no request was sent to me to renew and I have no copies • Include a copy of the letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada asking you to renew your Certificat de sélection du Québec so I don't know what to do.

csaade

Mar 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Beirut/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-10-2010 CSQ
AOR Received.
24-1-2011 Federal
Med's Request
03-07-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
Passport Req..
05-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
LANDED..........
29-03-2014
lemans207 said:

This is something else mentioned in the ppr email, which rejection are you talking about?

Nous vous souhaitons bon voyage et nos vœux les meilleurs pour votre nouvelle vie au Canada!

Lmastory

May 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ - September 17 2009
AOR Received.
21-FEB-2010
File Transfer...
February 22, 2012
Med's Request
August 1 2013
Med's Done....
August 7 2013
Passport Req..
March 6 2014
VISA ISSUED...
march 24 2014
LANDED..........
April 1st 2014
wdOnCanada said:
you have all the right not to trust libanpost , my AOR back then was delivered to a different neighborhood , the nice ppl that found it at their door asked around in order to find the recipient of the envelope, 2nd incident was with a friend of mine , her flight to germany got delayed by 3 months because libanpost lost her legal german papers in their own archives. long story short she had to make one of those phonecalls to gain access and pressure whoever was in charge to conduct a thorough search.

your csq expired last month, i wouldnt worry about it if i were you unless 18 months pass without any sign.

dr tarekk

Champion Member
Dec 30, 2013
Apolo said:
Hello Lemans,
It's clearly stated on CIC website and online forums that after we get the CSQ, CIC can only reject us based on our criminal record or if we are considered as a threat to the canadian society.
moreover, the majority of the files that get rejected by CIC are FSW files, and specifically those files that do not have "we started processing your file on X/X/X" line. In fact, their status usually passes directly to "decision made".
it's worthy to note also that, in these cases, they send rejection letters and not passport stamps.

Regards,
i am completly agreed with u my dear,criminality and security check r only the causes to rerfuse ur file ,nothing else,i read it in their website,not just my assumptions
regards

wdOnCanada

May 27, 2011
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nothing
Nomination.....
22-02-2011 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2013
Passport Req..
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
04-07-2014
Lmastory said:
you have all the right not to trust libanpost , my AOR back then was delivered to a different neighborhood , the nice ppl that found it at their door asked around in order to find the recipient of the envelope, 2nd incident was with a friend of mine , her flight to germany got delayed by 3 months because libanpost lost her legal german papers in their own archives. long story short she had to make one of those phonecalls to gain access and pressure whoever was in charge to conduct a thorough search.

your csq expired last month, i wouldnt worry about it if i were you unless 18 months pass without any sign.
Yeh, unfortunately I think that my AOR landed in a "not so nice" neighbours hands... I never received it till this minute. I had to communicate with them by email to know about my status at the time.

Anyway, you are right, it is still too early for me to start getting worried and will keep on waiting for my golden email...

Lmastory

May 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ - September 17 2009
AOR Received.
21-FEB-2010
File Transfer...
February 22, 2012
Med's Request
August 1 2013
Med's Done....
August 7 2013
Passport Req..
March 6 2014
VISA ISSUED...
march 24 2014
LANDED..........
April 1st 2014
wdOnCanada said:
Yeh, unfortunately I think that my AOR landed in a "not so nice" neighbours hands... I never received it till this minute. I had to communicate with them by email to know about my status at the time.

Anyway, you are right, it is still too early for me to start getting worried and will keep on waiting for my golden email...
wait a minute, are you saying that you still dont have your AoR letter because it is still in their possession ?

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
csaade said:
This is something else mentioned in the ppr email, which rejection are you talking about?

Nous vous souhaitons bon voyage et nos vœux les meilleurs pour votre nouvelle vie au Canada!
i didnt mean it will come stamped rejection, not at all. but they do again some security checks. hope you all get visa :D

but you can see cases on trackitt.com