+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

DOUBLET

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
gango girl said:
it shows the operations what has happened with your file
like when they request something from you, when you sent them, what did you sent & what you did not when they requested from you, if you were refused, what is the reason you were refused, or if you had an interview what was there, what is the position now you are in on your application ect.
you need to spend $5 only & you can order it online too (if you are a canadian) but i used my husband's credit card & ordered it. & also you can ask for an electronics notes(via email)
its easy as ABC
Thank you Gangogirl

nishar

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2013
AOR Received.
31-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2013
LANDED..........
Waiting...
gango girl said:
hey sweet i got my ATIP (caips) notes on 27th May via email. did you get your one as well?
I didn't get my CAIPS yet . :(

Stressed bro

Jun 29, 2012
Hi guys hope doing good. So today i got a email from the immigration office from Colombo.

They asked me to sent them:

1.) State Clearance for the period that you resided in United States of America by next month.

2.)Please provide a valid passport copy for yourself. ( i don't know if its the original passport, photocopy, or a certified photocopy of my original passport.)

i have done the FBI clearance and they have it. Now the state clearance . How do i get the New York state clearance). Has any one done it from Sri lanka before. if so can i get detail information on how to do it. I called immigration office in Colombo and they said i can only talk to them by e-mail. and the i don't know how to even do this. If any one knows it will be a great help.

Thank you

STB

DOUBLET

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
Stressed bro said:
Hi guys hope doing good. So today i got a email from the immigration office from Colombo.

They asked me to sent them:

1.) State Clearance for the period that you resided in United States of America by next month.

2.)Please provide a valid passport copy for yourself. ( i don't know if its the original passport, photocopy, or a certified photocopy of my original passport.)

i have done the FBI clearance and they have it. Now the state clearance . How do i get the New York state clearance). Has any one done it from Sri lanka before. if so can i get detail information on how to do it. I called immigration office in Colombo and they said i can only talk to them by e-mail. and the i don't know how to even do this. If any one knows it will be a great help.

Thank you

STB
Hi stressed to...I don't have any personal experience with the NY police clearance but from research I found this link http://www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/ojis/recordreview.htm

Check it out. Also I would suggest you email them back about the passport and clarify if they want the actual passport or just a photocopy. Hope this helps.

Was this the first communication from them since the sponsor approval or has the The office in Colombo contacted you before ( for example requesting for additional documentation)? Thanks

nishar

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2013
AOR Received.
31-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2013
LANDED..........
Waiting...
Tx Gango girl.

I got a mail from VO-Colombo. ;D They asked me to send the following documents.

*Please provide a copy of your National Identity Card.

*Please provide the English translation of the marriage certificate.

I already attached these two documents with my application . Anyway, thats not a pbm to send it again .. But my questions are; do i need to certify my NID copy? where do i need too send ?and Is it a good sign for me ? ::)

nishar

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2013
AOR Received.
31-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2013
LANDED..........
Waiting...

nishar

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2013
AOR Received.
31-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2013
LANDED..........
Waiting...
DOUBLET said:
Nishar did they send an email or a registered post?
They just sent an email Sweet.

DOUBLET

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
nishar said:
They just sent an email Sweet.
Well thats great news Nishar. I guess you are now passed the screening process and now waiting for your file to be reviewed by an officer. Hopefully you hear some good news soon.

nishar

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2013
AOR Received.
31-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2013
LANDED..........
Waiting...
DOUBLET said:
Well thats great news Nishar. I guess you are now passed the screening process and now waiting for your file to be reviewed by an officer. Hopefully you hear some good news soon.
Keeping my fingers crossed Doublet ..

Does anyone know where do i need to send the documents ?

nishar

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2013
AOR Received.
31-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2013
LANDED..........
Waiting...
Sweet3 said:
I think theres seriously a problem with our file. Because they didnt reply to any of our emails. we tried sending from mine and husbands emaild add.... Can anyone tell me if u recently sent email to them and got a response?
Sweet, Don't loose ur hope and can;t say like that.. U may have submitted ur documents perfectly so no need to contact with u ..

DOUBLET

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
Sweet3 said:
Its not that they didnt contact us, Its more the fact that they are nt replying to any of our emails.

That's very common sweet...do not stress yourself. There are people who have sent them like 14 emails before they got a response. I think they may be finalizing your file. From reviewing the timelines of others...it seems like they contact you either for an Interview or give the visa around 81/2 to 9 months after applying. I think you will hear something soon. I know it's very stressful but you just have to continue to be patient.

Stressed bro

Jun 29, 2012
Hi Doublet,

you are rite about the NY state clearance thats the site you go to. I talk to them on the phone. they don't call it NY state clearance though. they call it as "Criminal History Records & Background Checks" so i don't if this the same thing the Canadian Colombo high commission is asking me to provide. And yes doublet this the first time they contact me :).

I emailed them about this matter yet no reply for 4 days. i even called them they said they cant connect me to the agent in charge. i explained to them clearly that if i don't give it in time i can be refused yet the receptionist said " just email ".

Does anyone know where the office for finger printing is done here in Colombo ?

Thank you
STB

Luxmi

Apr 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nishar said:
Tx Gango girl.

I got a mail from VO-Colombo. ;D They asked me to send the following documents.

*Please provide a copy of your National Identity Card.

*Please provide the English translation of the marriage certificate.

I already attached these two documents with my application . Anyway, thats not a pbm to send it again .. But my questions are; do i need to certify my NID copy? where do i need too send ?and Is it a good sign for me ? ::)

sometimes they missed / they always sent the scan copies from here to colombo sometimes not clear or maybe they lost it.

they asked me too but they asked me only the english translation of the marriage cer.
u just have to do the translation n u dont need 2 certify.

submit all the doct. as soon as possible dont w8 until last min...

wr8 a cover letter and submit all the doc. u can dropped it. and keep 1 copy for urself too!