+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROCESSING TIME FOR RESTORATION OF STATUS/WORK PERMIT

Arshkaur

Jul 12, 2024
Hello
My Bowp got refused today as my agent did not upload provincial nominee certificate. We have applied again for restoration of status and work permit but we are afraid that our provincial nomine certificate has been long expired. Can anyone tell if we should file for extention for it?
As per my agent they do not need extention for nomination
My pr application is in progress and has passed processing time

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello
My Bowp got refused today as my agent did not upload provincial nominee certificate. We have applied again for restoration of status and work permit but we are afraid that our provincial nomine certificate has been long expired. Can anyone tell if we should file for extention for it?
As per my agent they do not need extention for nomination
My pr application is in progress and has passed processing time
You don’t need extension to apply for BOWP . Is your status expired?
When you submit your BOWP application, include

• the supporting documents listed in the document checklist
  • a copy of your nomination letter
  • a copy of the acknowledgement of receipt letter you received when you submitted your Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) permanent residence applicatio

Arshkaur

Jul 12, 2024
You don’t need extension to apply for BOWP . Is your status expired?
When you submit your BOWP application, include

• the supporting documents listed in the document checklist
  • a copy of your nomination letter
  • a copy of the acknowledgement of receipt letter you received when you submitted your Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) permanent residence applicatio
yes agent forgot to sumbit copy of provincial nominee certificate

CL123

Jul 15, 2024
Restoration of Status and Obtaining a Work Permit

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share my experience with restoring my status and getting a new PGWP.

I found out at the end of last year that my initial PGWP was not granted for the full three years due to passport expiry. After renewing my passport, my initial PGWP had already expired. However, since it was still within the 90-day restoration period, I applied for restoration of status and application for a new PGWP by mail (online application is not available for this type of application).

Application Received by IRCC: April 15, 2024
Processing Time (as of June 20, 2024): IRCC stated the average processing time was 99 days
Approval of Application: July 4, 2024
Total Processing Time: 81 days

Words of Advice:

1. Read Guide 5580 thoroughly before starting your application process and refer to it throughout the process as it contains many crucial information.
2. Ensure all required documents and as many relevant supporting documents as possible are included in your application - Use the Document Checklist (IMM 5583).
3. Make good use of the letter of explanation by providing compelling reasons to support your case.
4. Contact the Client Support Centre if you have any question, they can be very helpful.
5. Review your entire application package multiple times to ensure it is complete and satisfactory before submission/mailing.

I understand how challenging it is to remain in Canada while waiting for a decision to be made and not being able to work. I hope my post helps guide you and provides an approximate timeline for how long your application might take to process (if it is complete and without delays).

Last edited:

Customer101

Aug 13, 2024
Restoration of Status and Obtaining a Work Permit

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share my experience with restoring my status and getting a new PGWP.

I found out at the end of last year that my initial PGWP was not granted for the full three years due to passport expiry. After renewing my passport, my initial PGWP had already expired. However, since it was still within the 90-day restoration period, I applied for restoration of status and application for a new PGWP by mail (online application is not available for this type of application).

Application Received by IRCC: April 15, 2024
Processing Time (as of June 20, 2024): IRCC stated the average processing time was 99 days
Approval of Application: July 4, 2024
Total Processing Time: 81 days

Words of Advice:

1. Read Guide 5580 thoroughly before starting your application process and refer to it throughout the process as it contains many crucial information.
2. Ensure all required documents and as many relevant supporting documents as possible are included in your application - Use the Document Checklist (IMM 5583).
3. Make good use of the letter of explanation by providing compelling reasons to support your case.
4. Contact the Client Support Centre if you have any question, they can be very helpful.
5. Review your entire application package multiple times to ensure it is complete and satisfactory before submission/mailing.

I understand how challenging it is to remain in Canada while waiting for a decision to be made and not being able to work. I hope my post helps guide you and provides an approximate timeline for how long your application might take to process (if it is complete and without delays).

Hi,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I am exactly in your shoes and I was trying to figure out if I did everything correctly. I had a nervous break down today because I thought (1) I chose the wrong application form (IMM5710e) and (2) I could have done an online application. Reading about your experience have given me comfort.

@CL123 If you do not mind, I have a few questions:

1. I am curious if you received a Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) for your application, how long did it take to receive the AOR after mailing out your application to, I assume, the Case Processing Centre in Edmonton?
  2. Did you use the IMM5710e form for your submission? (I was working fulltime with my PGWP and this was the appropriate form, rather than IMM5708e for visitors).
  3. Did you restore your status as a Student or Worker? ( my application for restoration as a worker since i have been working for 2 years since my graduation)
  4. For the question "what type of work permit are you applying for?", did you choose 'open work permit' or PGWP? - Though I have 14 month left for PGWP, I chose Open Work Permit based on the Guide 5580)

I really appreciate your time and insight.

Cheers,

Last edited:

CL123

Jul 15, 2024
Hi,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I am exactly in your shoes and I was trying to figure out if I did everything correctly. I had a nervous break down today because I thought (1) I chose the wrong application form (IMM5710e) and (2) I could have done an online application. Reading about your experience have given me comfort.

@CL123 If you do not mind, I have a few questions:

1. I am curious if you received a Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) for your application, how long did it take to receive the AOR after mailing out your application to, I assume, the Case Processing Centre in Edmonton?
  2. Did you use the IMM5710e form for your submission? (I was working fulltime with my PGWP and this was the appropriate form, rather than IMM5708e for visitors).
  3. Did you restore your status as a Student or Worker? ( my application for restoration as a worker since i have been working for 2 years since my graduation)
  4. For the question "what type of work permit are you applying for?", did you choose 'open work permit' or PGWP? - Though I have 14 month left for PGWP, I chose Open Work Permit based on the Guide 5580)

I really appreciate your time and insight.

Cheers,
@Customer101 I totally understand how stressful this process can be – I had multiple nervous breakdowns myself! I’m happy to answer your questions:

1. I sent my application to the CPC in Edmonton, but I did not receive an Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR). About two months after submitting, I contacted the Client Support Centre. They informed me that while applicants usually received an email notification when the CPC receives the application and assigns an application number, this doesn’t always happen. They provided me with my application number over the phone. I also had trouble linking it to my online portal, and they guided me through the process, and I was eventually able to do it.

2. Yes, I used the IMM5710e form.

3. I restored my status as a worker since I had successfully applied for a PGWP the first time, but my status as a worker (PGWP) had expired.

4. When I contacted the Client Support Centre, they advised me to choose ‘PGWP’ since it is more specific and closely aligned with what I am applying for.

I hope this helps!

Customer101

Aug 13, 2024
@Customer101 I totally understand how stressful this process can be – I had multiple nervous breakdowns myself! I’m happy to answer your questions:

1. I sent my application to the CPC in Edmonton, but I did not receive an Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR). About two months after submitting, I contacted the Client Support Centre. They informed me that while applicants usually received an email notification when the CPC receives the application and assigns an application number, this doesn’t always happen. They provided me with my application number over the phone. I also had trouble linking it to my online portal, and they guided me through the process, and I was eventually able to do it.

2. Yes, I used the IMM5710e form.

3. I restored my status as a worker since I had successfully applied for a PGWP the first time, but my status as a worker (PGWP) had expired.

4. When I contacted the Client Support Centre, they advised me to choose ‘PGWP’ since it is more specific and closely aligned with what I am applying for.

I hope this helps!
Hiya @CL123

Thanks a lot for your response. This is very helpful and comforting. I really appreciate your time and energy.

I chose 'Open Work Permit' instead of PGWP from the dropdown menu but I hope that does not cause a problem, rejection or delay ect. I will follow your footsteps. After a few weeks later, I will give them a call to see if I can get an application number to link it to my online portal account.

Fingers crossed (even twisted!).

Cheers.

Aug 19, 2024
Hey, i have applied for study permit extension+restoration of status on 17th may
Still there is no response
My classes are going to start soon from September 2024 but I am unable to pick my timetable.
It has been more than 3 months
Does anybody knows the usual processing time of restoration nowadays?