PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
10-01-2024
AOR Received.
18-01-2024
Passport Req..
13-05-2024
I'm Rural program PR applicant, and my destination is a community in Ontario, just cause this flight is a direct flight to canada, I am choosing to land in Montreal and then a connecting flight 3 hrs later from Montreal airport, just wondering if that's OK and officers won't have a problem with me landing in Montreal.
Yes, it should not be an issue. Not all places have a direct international flight. I believe the only difference at Montreal is that the Immigration Officer will not take the address to mail the PR Card at that time ans will ask you to share it separately.

Reactions: kane_kush

Hassan992

Jul 23, 2024
Many congratulations both!!! Even for me the GC key yesterday got updated and would be receiving the passport today :) Good luck and wish you all the best :)

hari.s07

Jul 26, 2024
What is the trend for visa stamping? Work Permit

I submitted my passport to the VFS Bengaluru office on July 15.
Delivered to the IRCC Delhi Office on July 16
Under process at IRCC from July 17

Before July 23, I was able to see the application status in VFS: "Visa application, tracking ID No. XXX is under process at the IRCC office"; later, it says No record found.

harwidner

Jul 24, 2024

Before July 23, I was able to see the application status in VFS: "Visa application, tracking ID No. XXX is under process at the IRCC office"; later, it says No record found.
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/IRCC-GPTWave1/

try with this link sometime we open another country vfs global site

Juni17

Mar 27, 2024

Same for me. It is under process since July 17.
As per this thread I think it will take about 21 days.

M_A_N

Jun 13, 2024
Delhi
Category........
Other
I'm Rural program PR applicant, and my destination is a community in Ontario, just cause this flight is a direct flight to canada, I am choosing to land in Montreal and then a connecting flight 3 hrs later from Montreal airport, just wondering if that's OK and officers won't have a problem with me landing in Montreal.
The rule is you can land anywhere in Canada and your immigration will happen there Just mention that your final destination and show them your ticket if they ask about you going thr most probably they don't ask.. Don't worry about it. I landed on this month only in Montreal and officers were nice. Keep in mind that in case If you have connecting flight from Montreal you will have to collect your bags and check-in your bags again even if the flight people say that you don't have to..!

Reactions: kane_kush

kane_kush

Star Member
Dec 19, 2023
The rule is you can land anywhere in Canada and your immigration will happen there Just mention that your final destination and show them your ticket if they ask about you going thr most probably they don't ask.. Don't worry about it. I landed on this month only in Montreal and officers were nice. Keep in mind that in case If you have connecting flight from Montreal you will have to collect your bags and check-in your bags again even if the flight people say that you don't have to..!
Thank you everyone
Appreciate it

Reactions: M_A_N

isha shah

Jul 18, 2024
mine is under process since 18th july, my visa type is spousal visitor visa, and now i have one issue, i.e. my PR(spouse sponsorship) got approved on 23rd of July, just 2 day's ago, i got passport request for stamping for pr as well and my passport is with ircc Delhi since 18th for visitor visa stamping...so i have one question: can i go to canada on visitors visa and complete my pr process there or i should complete it here in India only?

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
mine is under process since 18th july, my visa type is spousal visitor visa, and now i have one issue, i.e. my PR(spouse sponsorship) got approved on 23rd of July, just 2 day's ago, i got passport request for stamping for pr as well and my passport is with ircc Delhi since 18th for visitor visa stamping...so i have one question: can i go to canada on visitors visa and complete my pr process there or i should complete it here in India only?
Do it here in India, otherwise you have to request them to change it and review process take long time again.
On visitor visa, you have to book return ticket as well.
Maybe Immigration office denied your entry as a Visitor, if they will not satisfy with your answers.

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
I find out below information, but don’t know how to make a list.. please share your experience, if anyone know.

Jewellery or precious ornaments
Officers may ask you questions about your jewellery or precious ornaments during your customs interview. Make sure you describe these items on your list of goods. To avoid delays at customs when you enter Canada:
  • use the wording from your insurance policy or jeweler’s appraisal on your list of goods
  • include photographs of the items
  • know how much you paid for the items or have a receipt showing how much you paid
    • you don’t need to pay duty or tax on family heirlooms

isha shah

Jul 18, 2024
Do it here in India, otherwise you have to request them to change it and review process take long time again.
On visitor visa, you have to book return ticket as well.
Maybe Immigration office denied your entry as a Visitor, if they will not satisfy with your answers.
Okay so once my passport returns with visitor's stamp i should resend it for pr stamping? Right? And what is timeline for pr stamping, like how many day's it will take for stamping in passport if i send it in 1st week of August?

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Okay so once my passport returns with visitor's stamp i should resend it for pr stamping? Right? And what is timeline for pr stamping, like how many day's it will take for stamping in passport if i send it in 1st week of August?
Right, 21 days (+/- 2 days).

please contact VFS customer care.
Told them, i will submit my PPR letter and other documents right now, plz send them to embassy. It will save some time, if VFS can do it now.

Last edited:

isha shah

Jul 18, 2024
Right, 21 days (+/- 2 days).

please contact VFS customer care.
Told them, i will submit my PPR letter and other documents right now, plz send them to embassy. It will save some time, if VFS can do it now.
I have sent web form to vfs and ircc both for the same bt still they haven't replied

nikita_ch

Jun 30, 2024
I wanted to understand one thing.
In my visa date of expiry is also mentioned . I received Copr as well but I am unable to understand I applied for Spousal PR so why is date of expiry mentioned and it’s until November .
Will there be another procedure for PR?

RDS7

Jul 20, 2023
Hi,
I have a question
My wife submitted the passport on July 18 and under process since July 22 through Spousal PR.
She is 30 week pregnant. According to current timeline, she will get passport in her 33rd pr 34th week.
I want to ask will there be any issue if she has doctor’s note that she is safe to board plane and don’t have any problem.
Thanks.