+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR - Missing Employer Reference Documents

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
curious_123 said:
Why on earth u would put info that u can not validate....if you got extra point for those experience, you may be in trouble...try writing explanation letter and try to provide as much as proof u can.,
You have to put the information, even if you can't validate it because by hiding past employment history you are mis-representing.

Also, it appears that after an ITA you need to provide reference letters for your spouse's work history, even if you don't receive points for that either.

This is obviously not a new situation. If CIC refused anyone who worked for a company that had closed, then they would need to change the eligibility requirements to exclude anyone who had worked for a company that went bust.

If you can provide pay stubs/copies of contracts etc with a letter of explanation that should suffice. If not, probably best to look for another country with a most logical system.

BankingExpressE

Feb 2, 2015
doubleym said:
You have to put the information, even if you can't validate it because by hiding past employment history you are mis-representing.

Also, it appears that after an ITA you need to provide reference letters for your spouse's work history, even if you don't receive points for that either.

This is obviously not a new situation. If CIC refused anyone who worked for a company that had closed, then they would need to change the eligibility requirements to exclude anyone who had worked for a company that went bust.

If you can provide pay stubs/copies of contracts etc with a letter of explanation that should suffice. If not, probably best to look for another country with a most logical system.
Are you sure about this? I'm in the situation where I could go from 469 to 519 if I add my foreign work experience, however, I'm 99% certain that I can't get a reference letter for it, thus I left it off my EE profile. I would much rather explain to a VO why I left something off my profile but included it my personal history, compared to why I claimed additional points that I couldn't back up with facts.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
BankingExpressE said:
Are you sure about this? I'm in the situation where I could go from 469 to 519 if I add my foreign work experience, however, I'm 99% certain that I can't get a reference letter for it, thus I left it off my EE profile. I would much rather explain to a VO why I left something off my profile but included it my personal history, compared to why I claimed additional points that I couldn't back up with facts.
If you can't get any proof of your employment there, copy of contract, payslips etc then I don't know what you're meant to do, because by leaving it out when asked for your work history you are misrepresenting but then if the CIC officer evaluating your application doesn't accept your proof then that's also grounds for rejection.

Probably best to call CIC and clarify, even though they may also not know.

plasticrhythm

Feb 8, 2015
Anyone contacted CIC about this? Is it misrepresentation by choosing not to include it at the Express Entry profile stage? Surely it's better not to seek points for something if you're not certain you can prove it later? Isn't there a section on personal history after you receive your ITA where you can list information that you are not necessarily seeking points for?

Liam88

Mar 27, 2015
I am really interested to know what happened with this as I am in the same situation right now. I can't get an reference letter as the employer went bust but I also don't wish to claim points for that job. Can i leave it off the EE profile??

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
I did a lot of jobs but did not claim point for it, however i mentioned it in personal history as the duration...

only claimed point for one job i did in canada...got my PPR last week..hope this help :)

rhonny20

Jul 12, 2012
curious_123 said:
I did a lot of jobs but did not claim point for it, however i mentioned it in personal history as the duration...

only claimed point for one job i did in canada...got my PPR last week..hope this help :)
Help Help..Asivad and other seniors

I Have applied PR under express entry (ITA 22 may). My work permit is expired and I had applied restoration to keep my status valid. I do have a valid provincial nomination under EE .

My question : Can I leave canada and wait for my PR in my home country as restoration will take at least 4 months?

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
plasticrhythm said:
Anyone contacted CIC about this? Is it misrepresentation by choosing not to include it at the Express Entry profile stage? Surely it's better not to seek points for something if you're not certain you can prove it later? Isn't there a section on personal history after you receive your ITA where you can list information that you are not necessarily seeking points for?
It's definitely not misrepresentation to leave it out of your work history if you're not claiming points for it as long as you've included it in your personal history. I know a few people who received PR and only listed their skilled job in their work history.