+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPRA rejected , what next ?

Sandra Appiah

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Hello I need help please.
my spouse’s PPRA was rejected . I do not have my PR yet. What are his chances . ? What step should we take next? How long does he have before he gets the removal order ?

amphibian

Nov 8, 2022
they normally issue removal order immediatley when they get back word the prra has been denied. i would speak with a legal clinic to see what to do next. b

Sandra Appiah

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
they normally issue removal order immediatley when they get back word the prra has been denied. i would speak with a legal clinic to see what to do next. b
Thank you so much . What can he do to stay until I get the Pr to sponsor him? Can he appeal ? Will they send him a letter about the removal order ?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello I need help please.
my spouse’s PPRA was rejected . I do not have my PR yet. What are his chances . ? What step should we take next? How long does he have before he gets the removal order ?
Do you mean his PRRA (not PPRA) was refused? If so...I would have to agree with @amphibian. Best to contact a qualified lawyer ASAP. Maybe try contacting the law firm that generously provides these forums (Cohen Immigration Law). You can find their number by clicking at the top of the page.

Reactions: Sandra Appiah

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello yes . My PR application is in process . 70 percent complete now .
Why did you not include (or at least declare) him in your application? Does IRCC know that you have a spouse??

If he is issued a departure order, he would usually have 30 days to leave Canada. If it's a deportation order...I suspect that it could be much sooner than that.

Sandra Appiah

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Do you mean his PRRA (not PPRA) was refused? If so...I would have to agree with @amphibian. Best to contact a qualified lawyer ASAP. Maybe try contacting the law firm that generously provides these forums (Cohen Immigration Law). You can find their number by clicking at the top of the page.
Yes PRRA was refused .

Sandra Appiah

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Why did you not include (or at least declare) him in your application? Does IRCC know that you have a spouse??

If he is issued a departure order, he would usually have 30 days to leave Canada. If it's a deportation order...I suspect t=it could be much sooner than that.
We got married after I had applied for My PR. So I should not included him in the application. But have notified the immigration of my change in status through web form. Have not received any response yet . When will he be issued the deportation or removal order . He was refused today

Reactions: Sphinx13

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We got married after I had applied for My PR. So I should not included him in the application. But have notified the immigration of my change in status through web form. Have not received any response yet . When will he be issued the deportation or removal order . He was refused today
Glad to hear that you notified IRCC about your change in marital status.

No idea, really, how long it will take for CBSA to remove him, but unless you try to seek a judicial review of the refusal, it may be quick.
https://www.migrationlaw.com/facing-deportation-from-canada/#1656792005988-f2b6f220-9100

If your PRRA has been rejected, you may still have an opportunity to seek judicial review of the refusal of your application at the Federal Court of Canada. Given that a PRRA refusal usually is succeeded by the execution of the removal order, may be necessary to file an application to stay the execution of the removal of your removal order in the Federal Court.

Good luck!

Reactions: Sandra Appiah

Sandra Appiah

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Glad to hear that you notified IRCC about your change in marital status.

No idea, really, how long it will take for CBSA to remove him, but unless you try to seek a judicial review of the refusal, it may be quick.
https://www.migrationlaw.com/facing-deportation-from-canada/#1656792005988-f2b6f220-9100

If your PRRA has been rejected, you may still have an opportunity to seek judicial review of the refusal of your application at the Federal Court of Canada. Given that a PRRA refusal usually is succeeded by the execution of the removal order, may be necessary to file an application to stay the execution of the removal of your removal order in the Federal Court.

Good luck!
Thank you

amphibian

Nov 8, 2022
i dont know about any step anyone can take after prra has been removed other then its beet to be the first one to initiate any contact but i would seriously consult a lawyer that deals with these matters

he can try the H&C path if he is eligible

Sweetburfi

Aug 31, 2022
i dont know about any step anyone can take after prra has been removed other then its beet to be the first one to initiate any contact but i would seriously consult a lawyer that deals with these matters

he can try the H&C path if he is eligible
did she get PRRA hearing or reject without it?