IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
Ok, so I've gone through million pages and hundreds of threads here. I will now attempt to sum up my situation, and will be thankful for a confirmation if my thinking is correct, or to shed some light on the still unknown parts.

General summary:
1. Every document needs to be translated be a sworn translator (translator's affidavit)
2. All translations MUST be accompanied by a scan of an original (native language) document
3. Any discrepancies shall be explained in the LOE

My specific case summary:
My supporting docs:

Marriage License/Certificate - original doc + translation to be uploaded.

Passports/Travel Documents - scans of the BIO
Question: Are stamped pages necessary?

Police Certificates - original doc + translation. Only from my home country, since I've not been to any other country longer than 6months

Study / Education Diplomas/Degrees
  • Original diploma + translation + scan of WES ECA.
  • In the studies section include Only master's diploma, no high school.
  • Transcripts not needed.
Question: WES + original diplomas + translations scanned as one document?

Employment Records
  • a reference letter from my employees, signed by a supervisor or an HR dept.
  • a reference letter from my employees, signed by a supervisor or an HR dept. It should be an official document printed on company letterhead, including the my name, the company's contact information, the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company, indicate all positions held while employed at the company, include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits. It has to have date on it.
Question: One experience letter for each employer. Any keywords (I know there are keywords for LMIA , like permanent, full time)? Should I mention my NOC on it? Would it help or do more harm as „how would you know” question can be asked.
Question: What if the job was contractual, on a project basis? How to go about it?

Digital Photo - as per the instructions.
Question: how "fresh" does it have to be?

Proof of Medical Exam - uploading the information printout sheet received from the doctor

Proof of Means of Financial Support - a translated official letter from the bank - on the bank's letterhead, including my name, contact information of the bank, account number, dates of when accounts were opened, current balance, average balance in the past six months.
Question: I have a joint bank account with my wife (both our names are on the statement) but there is also an account on her name with some additional funds on it. Can I use this second account also as a POF?
Question: what about credit cards, loans?

Language
Question: Do I submit my CELPIP exam results/certificate?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aferoz said:
Hi Asivad,

Here is the summery of my score.

CRS – Human Capital – Age 95
CRS – Human Capital – Level of Education 126
CRS – Human Capital – First Official Language 128
Proficiency
CRS – Human Capital – Second Official Language 0
Proficiency
CRS – Human Capital – Canadian Work Experience 0
CRS – Spouse – Level of Education 10
CRS – Spouse – First Official Language Proficiency 0
CRS – Spouse – Canadian Work Experience 0
CRS – Skill Transferability – Education 50
CRS – Skill Transferability – Foreign Work Experience 50
CRS – Skill Transferability – Certificate of Qualification 0
CRS – Arranged Employment 0
CRS – Provincial/Territorial Nomination 0
Your overall points score 459

by looking at it it appears that i didn't gain any points for my spouse either in Canada or outside Canada (My husband Canadian experience is not in the NOC category O, A and B) . And similarly no points for me while I was working and studying full time in Canada. Did i I interpret it correctly?

if yes....Can I remove them?

Yes. Your husband's Canadian work experience has not been counted. Your experience of working while studying full time is also not counted.

my checklist keeps changing, they initially asked for medical of my Canadian born child (5 months) and now it has been removed from the list. is it a technical problem?

Indeed it is. Check the threads where members are discussing the same.

Amna

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michal said:
Ok, so I've gone through million pages and hundreds of threads here. I will now attempt to sum up my situation, and will be thankful for a confirmation if my thinking is correct, or to shed some light on the still unknown parts.

General summary:
1. Every document needs to be translated be a sworn translator (translator's affidavit)
2. All translations MUST be accompanied by a scan of an original (native language) document
3. Any discrepancies shall be explained in the LOE

My specific case summary:
My supporting docs:

Marriage License/Certificate - original doc + translation to be uploaded.

Passports/Travel Documents - scans of the BIO
Question: Are stamped pages necessary?

I imagine CIC doesn't ask for them. If you see a placeholder for those, do upload as instructed by CIC.

Police Certificates - original doc + translation. Only from my home country, since I've not been to any other country longer than 6months

Study / Education Diplomas/Degrees
  • Original diploma + translation + scan of WES ECA.
  • In the studies section include Only master's diploma, no high school.
  • Transcripts not needed.
Question: WES + original diplomas + translations scanned as one document?

Yes.

Employment Records
  • a reference letter from my employees, signed by a supervisor or an HR dept.
  • a reference letter from my employees, signed by a supervisor or an HR dept. It should be an official document printed on company letterhead, including the my name, the company's contact information, the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company, indicate all positions held while employed at the company, include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits. It has to have date on it.
Question: One experience letter for each employer. Any keywords (I know there are keywords for LMIA , like permanent, full time)? Should I mention my NOC on it? Would it help or do more harm as „how would you know” question can be asked.

Yes. No keywords unless you have an LMIA supported job offer. No need to mention the NOC on a foreign experience reference letter. NOC can be mentioned on a Canadian experience reference letter.

Question: What if the job was contractual, on a project basis? How to go about it?

That is fine. You will still have to get the reference letter from either the parent employer or the contracting place. If you get it from the contracting place and your salary was paid by the parent employer, include the contract between the 2 and explain the situation using an LOE.

Digital Photo - as per the instructions.
Question: how "fresh" does it have to be?

As recent as possible.

Proof of Medical Exam - uploading the information printout sheet received from the doctor

Proof of Means of Financial Support - a translated official letter from the bank - on the bank's letterhead, including my name, contact information of the bank, account number, dates of when accounts were opened, current balance, average balance in the past six months.
Question: I have a joint bank account with my wife (both our names are on the statement) but there is also an account on her name with some additional funds on it. Can I use this second account also as a POF?

CIC does explicitly ask for the POF from the PA. Get yourself included into that account as a joint account holder. Or ask your spouse to transfer the money to your account and upload a signed self-declaration (no need of notarization) which explicitly states that the funds have been transferred to you as a gift not a loan hence need not be repaid at any point in time.

Question: what about credit cards, loans?

Keep them out of POF. CIC doesn't demand full disclosure and it will be silly to show loans alone without the corresponding assets. Monies borrowed on personal loans cannot be used as POF.

Language
Question: Do I submit my CELPIP exam results/certificate?

CIC does keep asking for CELPIP later in the process. Uploading them upfront is a good idea. Upload it along with education documents if you can't find a specific placeholder.

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Hi Asivad Anac,

Please answer this question:

Complete Account number not given for Bank of America Official Letter

1. The letter head is in black and white.

I have all the necessary information that is required on the document. Date opened, current balance, average 6 months balance etc.
The only catch is that the account numbers are not completely listed out:

2. It is in this format:
XXXXXXX234243 etc.

I have online bank statements that actually look more authentic and they are in color and they have the full account information.

Should I, after uploading the doc which has the XXXXXXX234243 also include online statements for the last 6 months?

To get this bank letter I had to struggle for a few weeks. I can't talk to them and again request them to put it in color or give full account information.
What is the best course of action from here on?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
okbangaram said:
Hi Asivad Anac,

Please answer this question:

Complete Account number not given for Bank of America Official Letter

1. The letter head is in black and white.

I have all the necessary information that is required on the document. Date opened, current balance, average 6 months balance etc.
The only catch is that the account numbers are not completely listed out:

2. It is in this format:
XXXXXXX234243 etc.

I have online bank statements that actually look more authentic and they are in color and they have the full account information.

Should I, after uploading the doc which has the XXXXXXX234243 also include online statements for the last 6 months?

To get this bank letter I had to struggle for a few weeks. I can't talk to them and again request them to put it in color or give full account information.
What is the best course of action from here on?
If you cannot get them to send you a revised statement which mentions your full account number, recommend that you upload this along with other supporting evidence that highlights that this is a letter specific to your account. Use an LOE to explain this further. You don't need to upload 6 months of bank statement - they would anyways not be taken into consideration unless they are signed/stamped by the bank personnel.

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Thanks!

I will do that. Actually, I still have 28 days before my ITA expires. My score is 478. So, I will bug them again and see if they can send me again electronically in the required format.

But I have a bigger issue and that is with regards to FBI PCC.

I got my ITA 30 days back and I applied for FBI PCC on July 18th. Must have reached them on 21st or 22nd July. In 30 days that I have left. I am pretty sure that I won't get the FBI PCC. So I have 2 questions.

1. I will of-course document the proof that I sent it and that it will take time to get it back. And I think CIC will consider that and wait till I get the docs. But till how long? Will they wait for the 3 to 4 months it takes FBI to get back to me? I read in a forum thread that they said they will give extra 30 days time.

2. So, do I wait till another 30 days, just before ITA expires and then apply so I will get another 30 days time? So its like 2 more months extra time. I am not sure even that is sufficient amount of time for FBI PCC.

3. Or do I decline the ITA now. Wait till I get FBI docs or even accept new ITA after 1 to 2 months so I have enough time?

What is the best thing to do?

And last question. Will they start processing my documents right aways or will they only start once I get through the FBI PCC? If it is the latter case then FBI PCC will take 3 months + another 4 to 5 months for CIC so that means I am looking at 8 to 9 months in total??

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
okbangaram said:
Thanks!

I will do that. Actually, I still have 28 days before my ITA expires. My score is 478. So, I will bug them again and see if they can send me again electronically in the required format.

But I have a bigger issue and that is with regards to FBI PCC.

I got my ITA 30 days back and I applied for FBI PCC on July 18th. Must have reached them on 21st or 22nd July. In 30 days that I have left. I am pretty sure that I won't get the FBI PCC. So I have 2 questions.

1. I will of-course document the proof that I sent it and that it will take time to get it back. And I think CIC will consider that and wait till I get the docs. But till how long? Will they wait for the 3 to 4 months it takes FBI to get back to me? I read in a forum thread that they said they will give extra 30 days time.

2. So, do I wait till another 30 days, just before ITA expires and then apply so I will get another 30 days time? So its like 2 more months extra time. I am not sure even that is sufficient amount of time for FBI PCC.

3. Or do I decline the ITA now. Wait till I get FBI docs or even accept new ITA after 1 to 2 months so I have enough time?

What is the best thing to do?

And last question. Will they start processing my documents right aways or will they only start once I get through the FBI PCC? If it is the latter case then FBI PCC will take 3 months + another 4 to 5 months for CIC so that means I am looking at 8 to 9 months in total??
The best thing to do is wait till the 59th day and submit your application and mention in your LOE that you deeply regret/apologize for the delay in requesting for FBI PCC and that you waited so long to somehow ensure that you could send in the PCC along with the application. Attach whatever supporting evidence you can about the PCC as well. This will hopefully ensure that they won't reject your application upfront and probably give you reasonable amount of time to receive and upload the PCC. If your application is still open on the day you get the PCC, send in the PCC with a CSE politely requesting them to add it to your existing application - that should take care of it.

Do not decline the ITA. Give CIC a chance to give you an extension. Let them be the ones to cancel your application if need be - members have reopened cancelled applications using the CSE route or received an ITA after being cancelled. That won't be a problem at all.

All the best!

CanadaPR_EE

Jun 25, 2015
HI,

For medical what my spouse (who is in US) needs to carry as identification proof as I don't see any reference in my profile.

Any help will be of great help.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaPR_EE said:
HI,

For medical what my spouse (who is in US) needs to carry as identification proof as I don't see any reference in my profile.

Any help will be of great help.
i think passport and if you have ita then that letter.

anyone who had similar situation can confirm.

c.james

Jul 29, 2015
Hello all,

At the outset I would like to thank all of you for positive blog and sharing valuable experience with Express Entry case queries.

I have couple questions regarding to document submission:

1. Police Certificate (India)

I was not able to get medical exam date almost 30 days after my ITA due to doctors on vacation in my city and one had an accident (the one who I booked for my exam - unfortunate). I believe for medical exam passport is mandatory so in good faith I hold back for my PCC. Meantime my father got PCC from local district police station in India. Is it okay or do I have to mandatory get PCC from Indian Embassy as I am presently in Canada.

2. Proof of funds

I have got consolidated summary from my Canadian bank which includes all accounts, credit cards. Unfortunately, bank does not have an average balance feature. It only has one format Net worth assessment. So I was able to get two printouts from them:
a) Net worth summary
b) Customer profile (Includes all information about me eg. employer, sin, address, customer since year, email, phone)

Would this suffice or I need average balance. Apart I am also including notice of assessment for last 2 years as I have worked for same employer since my work permit is issued, which presumably I believe indicates I am solvent enough to support myself.

Appreciate help...and thank you in advance ;D

Lastly genius asivad... your reply is much awaited :D

Ps: My document checklist has one odd request - include education transcripts I read a lot of questions here but never came across any candidate who was asked to submit transcripts.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
c.james said:
Hello all,

At the outset I would like to thank all of you for positive blog and sharing valuable experience with Express Entry case queries.

I have couple questions regarding to document submission:

1. Police Certificate (India)

I was not able to get medical exam date almost 30 days after my ITA due to doctors on vacation in my city and one had an accident (the one who I booked for my exam - unfortunate). I believe for medical exam passport is mandatory so in good faith I hold back for my PCC. Meantime my father got PCC from local district police station in India. Is it okay or do I have to mandatory get PCC from Indian Embassy as I am presently in Canada.

2. Proof of funds

I have got consolidated summary from my Canadian bank which includes all accounts, credit cards. Unfortunately, bank does not have an average balance feature. It only has one format Net worth assessment. So I was able to get two printouts from them:
a) Net worth summary
b) Customer profile (Includes all information about me eg. employer, sin, address, customer since year, email, phone)

Would this suffice or I need average balance. Apart I am also including notice of assessment for last 2 years as I have worked for same employer since my work permit is issued, which presumably I believe indicates I am solvent enough to support myself.

Appreciate help...and thank you in advance ;D

Lastly genius avisad... your reply is much awaited :D

Ps: My document checklist has one odd request - include education transcripts I read a lot of questions here but never came across any candidate who was asked to submit transcripts.

both points are okay you can proceed with that PCC and POF......

Click on question mark on right side of educational transcript to see what you have to upload. If they want transcript then give them your transcript as simple as that.
Do not puzzle yourself and CIC. As you have done a degree so you should have a transcript copy its not a big deal also include your ECA if you require it according to your scenario.....

c.james

Jul 29, 2015
Appreciate your reply ntwkengg.

Reason for sharing transcript request was to add feedback to discussion forum about express entry. :)

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
c.james said:
Appreciate your reply ntwkengg.

Reason for sharing transcript request was to add feedback to discussion forum about express entry. :)
ya thats great we see new things coming. note one thing in EE we get personalized checklist so it can be different for different person according to their background and situation and according to what they answer in EE profile questions....
Thanks and good luck :D :D :D....

CanadaPR_EE

Jun 25, 2015
ntwkengg said:
i think passport and if you have ita then that letter.

anyone who had similar situation can confirm.
Thanks ntwkengg. ITA does not have any reference. Can I use any other documents