+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA question after 13th draw regarding uploading documents

cic_123

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Hello there,

I will be applying now as a principle single applicant. I have almost a month remaining to apply after receiving an ITA. I will be getting married in 2-3 months. I have a few questions about this.

1. What would be the recommended way to obtain PR for the spouse then, to update CIC after I apply that I am married and then send application for the spouse also?

2. Or would it be better to send application now only?

3. What documents will usually be needed for spouse if I update CIC later. Will the spouse will need IELTS as well?

Thank you in advance

Raj19

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Asivad Anac said:
Unless you are very close to the 60 day deadline, give it a few days. Raise a query with Tech support as well.

As a last resort, you might have to upload everything with a detailed LOE but hope it doesn't have to come to that. There are other threads discussing this and hope someone gets a response from CIC soon.
I got ita on 17 july so i do have some time but i already got my emedicals done on 25th. So wanted to upload everything as soon as possible. Dont have a choice now, have to wait

gur1122

Jul 27, 2015
Hi Asivad,

By seeing your good responses to the questions related to express entry I have a concern which I want your opinion on as well:

I got my ITA in the last draw which happened on July 18th, and started filling out the forms.
However, I discovered something weird in one of my forms. Either I made a mistake or the online system had a default setting I did not catch that does not represent my information correctly.
Under the STUDY AND LANGUAGES section in the submitted application, for my Bachelor’s degree, there is a question asking, "Was Candidate awarded a Canadian Degree, Diploma, or Certificate for this period of study?" The answer is marked "YES", whereas it should be "NO" as my BA is from India, and my Master’s degree is Canadian. The form is locked so it can't be changed. Of course, this error is not intentional, and the entry specifically says under the town question that my BA university is located in INDIA.
Although it does not affect my score and in fact the location is explicitly stated in the location section, so I just wanted to seek your guidance on how this be corrected? or what steps I would have to take to rectify this?
Any suggestions on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gur1122 said:
Hi Asivad,

By seeing your good responses to the questions related to express entry I have a concern which I want your opinion on as well:

I got my ITA in the last draw which happened on July 18th, and started filling out the forms.
However, I discovered something weird in one of my forms. Either I made a mistake or the online system had a default setting I did not catch that does not represent my information correctly.
Under the STUDY AND LANGUAGES section in the submitted application, for my Bachelor's degree, there is a question asking, "Was Candidate awarded a Canadian Degree, Diploma, or Certificate for this period of study?" The answer is marked "YES", whereas it should be "NO" as my BA is from India, and my Master's degree is Canadian. The form is locked so it can't be changed. Of course, this error is not intentional, and the entry specifically says under the town question that my BA university is located in INDIA.
Although it does not affect my score and in fact the location is explicitly stated in the location section, so I just wanted to seek your guidance on how this be corrected? or what steps I would have to take to rectify this?
Any suggestions on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance
Try rectifying this in your post ITA profile. Neither your CRS nor your program eligibility is impacted by this.

In the unlikely scenario of you being unable to change this in your post ITA profile, add an LOE wherein you regret/apologize for this oversight at your end, point out that this makes no difference to your CRS & program eligibility and politely request the officer to consider your application on its merits.

gur1122

Jul 27, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Try rectifying this in your post ITA profile. Neither your CRS nor your program eligibility is impacted by this.

In the unlikely scenario of you being unable to change this in your post ITA profile, add an LOE wherein you regret/apologize for this oversight at your end, point out that this makes no difference to your CRS & program eligibility and politely request the officer to consider your application on its merits.
Hi Asivad,

Thanks for getting back to me in this regard.
I already rectified it in the post ITA profile and it gets saved properly. I am just a bit concerned about the discrepancy of the pre-ITA and POST-ITA profile details. I would definitely go with the LOE explaining issues and request them to consider it. Do you think this is worth declining the ITA ? or I can get away with the LOE?

thanks again, Much appreciated

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gur1122 said:
Hi Asivad,

Thanks for getting back to me in this regard.
I already rectified it in the post ITA profile and it gets saved properly. I am just a bit concerned about the discrepancy of the pre-ITA and POST-ITA profile details. I would definitely go with the LOE explaining issues and request them to consider it. Do you think this is worth declining the ITA ? or I can get away with the LOE?

thanks again, Much appreciated
Certainly not worth declining the ITA. The only time you should consider declining an ITA is when you have received an ITA based on an invalid CRS score and/or program eligibility that cannot be proved by you at this point in time.

In this case, neither your CRS nor your program eligibility were affected by your mistake so all you need to do is point it out upfront and apologize for the same. Neither will they reject you for this mild transgression nor will they charge you with misrepresentation simply because you pointed it out to them in the first place.

All the best!

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
[quote author=Asivad Anac]

[/quote]
How do u know all this? :) We all appreciate your support!

gur1122

Jul 27, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Certainly not worth declining the ITA. The only time you should consider declining an ITA is when you have received an ITA based on an invalid CRS score and/or program eligibility that cannot be proved by you at this point in time.

In this case, neither your CRS nor your program eligibility were affected by your mistake so all you need to do is point it out upfront and apologize for the same. Neither will they reject you for this mild transgression nor will they charge you with misrepresentation simply because you pointed it out to them in the first place.

All the best!
thanks so much for the response Asivad..that helps a great deal!! I would do so.

aferoz

Jul 24, 2015
Thank you for the help.

Couple of more things to ask you.

1.Can I remove some of the job listing for mine and my spouse (which i didn't gain points for) and recheck the score at this point after receiving the invitation?

2. I prepared most of my documents in September 2014 (job letters and police certificate), as I applied in 2014 but cap was reached. can I use the same documents or do I need to reproduce these documents with the current dates?

Thank you
aferoz

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aferoz said:
Thank you for the help.

Couple of more things to ask you.

1.Can I remove some of the job listing for mine and my spouse (which i didn't gain points for) and recheck the score at this point after receiving the invitation?

Only if it makes no difference to your CRS score and/or program eligibility. An example of that is spouse's work experience outside Canada. That adds nothing to your profile so it can be safely removed. Do NOT remove something and then recheck your score, that is terribly risky because you will lose your ITA if your profile turns ineligible. Assess the changes upfront by looking at CRS criteria or asking for advise on the forum BEFORE making any changes to your ITA profile that you aren't completely sure of doing.

2. I prepared most of my documents in September 2014 (job letters and police certificate), as I applied in 2014 but cap was reached. can I use the same documents or do I need to reproduce these documents with the current dates?

Reference letters are fine EXCEPT if you want to use the experience gained from Sep '14 till date for some purpose. In that case, you will have to get a new reference letter just for that work experience. PCCs would be valid only for those countries where you haven't stayed for more than 6 months in a row from Sep '14 till date.

Thank you
aferoz

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
How would one recheck the CRS score? If I removed my work experience due to the system errors (as we discussed here in this thread), does that mean I made changes to my ITA profile?

Reading the provided link got me confused. It says on one hand that "Processing offices must compare the information in the applicant's profile at the time of the draw to the information in their e-APR to determine that the applicant meets the requirements of A11.2. Note that not all differences should result in a refusal." This sounds almost like "most of the time it will be refused, but it does not have to". Yet on the other hand removing my wife's job experience sounds safe as "If the applicant's CRS score at e-APR is equal to or higher than the lowest-ranked score in the draw, the application will not be refused on A11.2, as long as the applicant's supporting documentation corroborates their claims and the applicant continues to meet the MEC for Express Entry, including the requirements of the program to which they were invited to apply"

:-X

sorry, looks like I don't know how to quote here the full text, or do a quote of a quote.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michal said:
How would one recheck the CRS score? If I removed my work experience due to the system errors (as we discussed here in this thread), does that mean I made changes to my ITA profile?

Check it using the CRS tool. Removing something and refilling the same information again due to system errors is not an issue because that makes no material difference to your application.

Reading the provided link got me confused. It says on one hand that "Processing offices must compare the information in the applicant's profile at the time of the draw to the information in their e-APR to determine that the applicant meets the requirements of A11.2. Note that not all differences should result in a refusal." This sounds almost like "most of the time it will be refused, but it does not have to". Yet on the other hand removing my wife's job experience sounds safe as "If the applicant's CRS score at e-APR is equal to or higher than the lowest-ranked score in the draw, the application will not be refused on A11.2, as long as the applicant's supporting documentation corroborates their claims and the applicant continues to meet the MEC for Express Entry, including the requirements of the program to which they were invited to apply"

:-X

No confusion there. If you change something that makes no difference to your CRS score and/or program eligibility, that is perfectly harmless.

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
So, until I upload & submit I am fine with the wording changes, order of the information etc, as long as it does not have an effect on the score/eligibility. Correct?

To me removing some info that was there when the draw took place looks like misrepresentation, since the office has to compare the two stages.

BTW - how do I quote the way you do?
BTW2 - how do u know all this!?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michal said:
So, until I upload & submit I am fine with the wording changes, order of the information etc, as long as it does not have an effect on the score/eligibility. Correct?

Yes.

To me removing some info that was there when the draw took place looks like misrepresentation, since the office has to compare the two stages.

They will compare the 2 profiles ONLY when there is a change in your CRS score pre and post ITA and, even then, it is fine if your changed CRS is still higher than the draw cutoff but it will be a good idea to provide an LOE in such cases.

BTW - how do I quote the way you do?

Click on that 'Quote' button you see on top right of the message.

BTW2 - how do u know all this!?

Experience and information available on CIC site.

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
when I click the quote button, this is what happens ;)