+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate?express entry

DBOR

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Guys,

If I'm currently residing in Canada and got ITA. Can I travel to my home country for a month to get a police certificate and then go back to canada?...

I have heared about rejection of PCC due to issue before departure from country??
Is that related to my case

DBOR

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Hey Seniors,

I just got my PCC. I have lived under two addresses during the past 10 years. however, the PCC only states my current address for the past 10 years.
it reads as follows:

this is to certify that Mr. X , National ID Number: xxx, address: (Current Address), has not come to the adverse notice of the Sri Lanka Police during the period from 01/01/1996 to 28/02/2012, 01/03/2012 to 05/05/2017 according to our records.

(Signed)
Inspector General of Police.

does the PCC have to state all the addresses I lived in my home country?
Clearly this is something u cant control.. u cant go back to the police station and ask them to write the addresses u lived in!!!!

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Dear Adrlim,

I've same situation. Could you please explain how did it go with your application?

I'm residing in Canada since 2010. Traveled to home country 5 Oct 2016 to 10 Nov 2016. Got PC from home country issued on 8 Oct 2016. Is it valid still?

Thank you very much
Hi, based on what CIC says your PCC should be done after you have left your country. I think your 8th Oct 2016 should be OK. What I did was actually to reapply again when I preparing the ITA documents. So i reapplied while I was here in Canada. The previous one i had was in end 2015 so thought better to get updated ones to avoid any possible issues. It's up to you but that's what I did.

Reactions: Hamar

M.Gouda

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Folks,

I currently study in Canada and got ITA... Now I dont have a PCC... I have the option to go for a vacation (about 1 month) to Egypt and get PCC there (which I like).

Is this fine? ppl are saying some ppl got rejected as PCC issued before leaving the country!!!

Appreciated...

Hamar

May 1, 2017
Hi, based on what CIC says your PCC should be done after you have left your country. I think your 8th Oct 2016 should be OK. What I did was actually to reapply again when I preparing the ITA documents. So i reapplied while I was here in Canada. The previous one i had was in end 2015 so thought better to get updated ones to avoid any possible issues. It's up to you but that's what I did.
Thank you or your reply my friend.

Reactions: adrlim

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Folks,

I currently study in Canada and got ITA... Now I dont have a PCC... I have the option to go for a vacation (about 1 month) to Egypt and get PCC there (which I like).

Is this fine? ppl are saying some ppl got rejected as PCC issued before leaving the country!!!

Appreciated...
You should get it after you leave the country. Can you do this online?

Technically leaving the country is when you left to come to Canada. When you go back for your holiday its not considered. But in my case when I got the ITA I re-applied for all my PCC to avoid any complications. It's up to you.

Hope that helps

Reactions: M.Gouda

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Folks,

Appreciated...
You should try to get it from Egyptian Embassy in Canada. If you go there to collect the PCC, then make sure the PCC is issued after you leave the country.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Guys,

If I'm currently residing in Canada and got ITA. Can I travel to my home country for a month to get a police certificate and then go back to canada?...

I have heared about rejection of PCC due to issue before departure from country??
Is that related to my case
Make sure your PCC is issued after you leave your country. Else apply at your country's embassy in Canada.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hey Seniors,

I just got my PCC. I have lived under two addresses during the past 10 years. however, the PCC only states my current address for the past 10 years.
it reads as follows:

this is to certify that Mr. X , National ID Number: xxx, address: (Current Address), has not come to the adverse notice of the Sri Lanka Police during the period from 01/01/1996 to 28/02/2012, 01/03/2012 to 05/05/2017 according to our records.

(Signed)
Inspector General of Police.

does the PCC have to state all the addresses I lived in my home country?
Yes, it has to state all the addresses or should cover all the period of your stay since you turned 18 years old.

Reactions: Shivanker

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Dear Experts,

I've a question regarding police certificate. I've got ITA.
I've been in Canada for several years. I've been travelling to my home country, 5 Oct 2016 to 10 Nov 2016, which is more than six month from now. I've been back to Canada on 10 Nov 2016.
I got my place certificate from home country during that travel, issued on 8 Oct 2016.

Can I submit my application using this police certificate?

Thank you in advance,
You'll need a new PCC which should be issued after 10th Nov 2016.

vipaldua

May 18, 2017
Hello Folks,

I've stayed at multiple addresses in India after I turned 18. Different places in both Punjab and Haryana. Do I need PCC from both Punjab as well as Haryana mentioning all the addresses?

M.Gouda

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
N

Technically leaving the country is when you left to come to Canada. When you go back for your holiday its not considered. But in my case when I got the ITA I re-applied for all my PCC to avoid any complications. It's up to you.

Hope that helps
Nope we dont have any online services :/

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada

Hope that helps
You are wrong about this. Leaving the country is when you last visited your country. No matter what the purpose was, you should get your PCC after your last visit.

get2rash

May 27, 2017
India
NOC Code......
I need a clarification on my stay abroad for 2 years, which was 10 years ago. Now do i need to get PCC from that country? I was on student visa.