+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP holders and LMIA (part of EE profile details)

Aliz14

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Additional Documents 01 Feb 2017
Nomination.....
20 Oct 2016
AOR Received.
17 Nov 2016
Med's Request
25 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2017 (Somewhere)
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting..........
LANDED..........
GOD Knows......
Hi Folks,

I am on PGWP and looking for full time permanent job in Alberta. I am little bit confused regarding LMIA.

1 . if company hire me as full time permanent. do i still need LMIA for 600 points ? or full time job offer means i auto eligible for 600 points ?

2. Do i still need to register for job bank account? if i already hired by someone

Please advise me,

Thanks,
Aliz

Froze950

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Aliz14 said:
Hi Folks,

I am on PGWP and looking for full time permanent job in Alberta. I am little bit confused regarding LMIA.

1 . if company hire me as full time permanent. do i still need LMIA for 600 points ? or full time job offer means i auto eligible for 600 points ?

2. Do i still need to register for job bank account? if i already hired by someone

Please advise me,

Thanks,
Aliz
Hey,

It is very simple. If you want 600 points, your employer has to get a Positive LMIA for your position. However, he can still hire you with getting LMIA done. But you will not get 600 points.

If the employer does not get your LMIA done, you would have to register with the job bank.

Hope this helps

Reactions: p.sejal17

Aliz14

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
20 Oct 2016
AOR Received.
17 Nov 2016
Med's Request
25 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2017 (Somewhere)
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting..........
LANDED..........
GOD Knows......
Hi,

If i gain one year of Canadian experience then its required LMIA ? Job bank account register let me in for 600 points.

Any suggestion.

Froze950

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Aliz14 said:
Hi,

If i gain one year of Canadian experience then its required LMIA ? Job bank account register let me in for 600 points.

Any suggestion.
No matter how much experience you have, you would still require a LMIA to get 600 Points.

Aliz14

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
20 Oct 2016
AOR Received.
17 Nov 2016
Med's Request
25 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2017 (Somewhere)
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting..........
LANDED..........
GOD Knows......
Its means LMIA is must for all PGWP holders.

Could you please send me a link where i can download LMIA Form so i can ask my employer to do it for me.

What information LMIA required ? any idea like job post, number of interviewed for this job etc....

Please share your thoughts that will really help out for us.

Maple_Leafs

Jan 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

FYI,

I created my Express Entry profile on Jan 01 around 1:00 PM.

- I received an email saying that "I got a message in MyCIC". When I logged in, there was no message under Express Entry application. The only difference I noticed that my EE profile status was changed from "Updated" to "Submitted".

- After reading these forums, CIC Express Entry information and waiting for couple of days, today, I changed my Job offer question to "No", since I don't have an eligble job offer (Full time permanent job, but no LMIA).

- After 3 hours, I received a message (PDF file), saying I need to register with Job Bank. My PDF contained the EE File number and Job Seeker Validation Code. (As an FYI, the Job Seeker Validation Code is the last 4 digits of your Passport, however I won't suggest anyone registering with Job Bank, without getting the offical message under MyCIC)

- Now that, I'm registered with Job Bank. My Job bank status under MyCIC is still showing "Pending". I'm not sure, how long will it take to reflect Job Bank registeration changes into MyCIC account.

- I will update you guys, If I get anything new.

Thanks,

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
FOR THOSE WHO REGISTERED TO EE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From the outset and for some time to come, CIC expects that a significant proportion of invitations to apply for Canadian permanent residence will be issued to people without job offers from Canadian employers. This is because the job matching facility for Canadian employers is unlikely to be in place for a number of months, yet the government of Canada aims to admit approximately 180,000 new immigrants in 2015 through the economic immigration programs: the Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Federal Skilled Trades Program, the Canadian Experience Class, and the Provincial Nominee Programs.

http://www.cicnews.com/2015/01/cic-plans-making-express-entry-draw-canadian-immigration-weeks-014385.html

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
msajmani said:
Hi Guys

I saw here some people selecting NO JOB OFFER under - INTENTED WORK IN CANADA tab in EE profile builder.

Heres what i have done:
Does MANINDER SINGH AJMANI have a job offer in Canada?
- YES

Information about the job offer
Is this job offer for full-time non-seasonal and permanent work?
- NO

Is this job offer for full-time continuous work and at least one year?
- YES

Four digit NOC code
Job title
Information about the employer or company
How many employers made this job offer?

Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):
An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada?
- NO
An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada?
- NO
Employer or company name Help
Contact address of employer or company Help
Intended location of employment in Canada
Province or territory
- ALBERYA
City/Town
- CALGARY
Street address
Information about the Labour Market Information Assessment
Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? Help
- NO
Is MANINDER SINGH AJMANI currently working in Canada?
-YES
Does MANINDER SINGH AJMANI have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada?
-YES
Is MANINDER SINGH AJMANI's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?
-NO
Four digit NOC code of current work permit
Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?
-NO - I have mentioned NO here however technically speaking i shud mention YES as PGWP is issued based on LMIA exemption
Refer:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/opinion/codes.asp

I completed my profile based on above info and got the points and also pdf stating my job seeker code and EE profile no.
Job seeker registration done!! EE profile got updated as OPEN... waiting for draw now!!!

Also, please find below the email i got from CIC reg my query..

Dear Client,

Under the Intended Work in Canada section, candidates who indicate they are currently working in Canada are also asked for the four digit National Occupational Classification code on their current work permit. Not all candidates working in Canada (such as those on post-graduate open work permits) will have a National Occupational Classification code on their work permit. These candidates should identify the National Occupational Classification code of the work they are currently doing in Canada.

A candidate will only obtain 600 points under the Comprehensive Ranking System and should only answer “Yes” to the question "Does (your name) have a job offer in Canada if a Canadian employer has offered them a full-time, non-seasonal job for at least a year, and that job offer is supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment. Please see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/offers.asp

Candidates who are currently working in Canada but have not been offered a job that is supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment should answer “No” to the question “Does [Candidate] have a job offer in Canada?” and they should create a Job Seeker account in Job Bank.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada I Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
www.cic.gc.ca
Isnt your job permanent means are you on some contractual job for a year??

AmKh

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 27th, 2015
Doc's Request.
April 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
November 3rd, 2015
Med's Request
April 29th, 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
Thanks msajmani,

Your post and especially the email you got from CIC was very helpful for me.

It seems that for a person in my shoes with a one year full time job offer who is working with his PGWP, the best bet is to apply for provincial nominee to secure the 600 points. I am a bit hesitant to ask my employer to do the LMIA. It takes time and they also are not willing to do that! Plus, it doesn't guarantee if it comes out positive since it might be a Canadian who is more qualified than me for this job! (Although my job was advertised in my company's website and I was interviewed and etc, but who know!).

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers

zhk

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
My current PGWP is expiring. Could someone please tell me the procedure for my employer to get LMIA?

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
zhk said:
My current PGWP is expiring. Could someone please tell me the procedure for my employer to get LMIA?
http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/scc.shtml

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/higher_skilled/permanent/index.shtml

zhk

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
damn these LMIA requirements are so complicated and tough!! I don't understand how people got it!

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
zhk said:
damn these LMIA requirements are so complicated and tough!! I don't understand how people got it!
It's actually not as bad for more experienced people and professionals because their position is mostly above prevalent wage anyway and companies tends to be more generous in order to retain them. It's still not easy, but it's especially hard to entry-level guys like most of us under PGWP.

You can argue that's why CIC impose LMIA because there are more genuine demands in more experienced people than entry-levels. But that also means CIC is now encouraging companies to stop training new grads (Canadian or foreigners) and go for experienced foreign workers instead.

pammyy

Feb 18, 2015
I have a question too. Hopefully someone can help. I've worked for this company for 18 months (Calgary Alberta) Full time, 40hrs a week as a Facility Coordinator. I have a work permit that expires next year. It's for a big company and I have requested for an LMIA and the response in summary "is how do we prove that in my position" I confused as to what my next steps should be in regards to trying to convince the employer to do an LMIA for me.....I mean if I was not qualified I wouldn't have been hired in the first place right? Please advise. Thank you