waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
cgagnon said:
Ah I am so glad to see someone else write about how much of a toll it takes on your relationship, the stress, the anxiety, the unknown...when we survive this I did say WHEN we will be able to surmount anything that is thrown our way!
it really does!!!! and the ones who really cannot wait together my heart goes with all of them (like the sponsor is a PR and the sponsored gets the visit visas rejected, or cannot handle on one income if the sponsor moves and waits outside and many other situations)...yeah someone would say "well it's their choice" i would say not really, they were misinformed and unlucky - in some cases when they applied for immigration many years ago and one went before, it was taking 6 months to bring the rest of the family, 6 montha for AAALL embassies....but now, things changed too much and got more complicated

but yeah me too i believe that this will make any couple so strong and mature and and and all the good things :)

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missmini said:
my point i was trying to make is the ones who will become Canadians soon and especially the ones where their countries r as they r (no need of a whole list) might b more afraid of raising their voice or might think that it would not change anything (like when u go vote in some countries and u know it was just useless)...this thread was more for information than anything else: the ones desperate, who r in the situations mentioned above they will know where they could raise their voice; like this with a number of signatures (no matter how many) any one of us could send it to our MP, NGO, wherever they want....i still don't understand why others try to discourage it or defend smthg which ok for them it went ok but what abt the others?! it's like saying ok it went well for me and 10 others who cares abt the rest?! (again i talk abt the ones in agonazing situations, like thinking their file is lost after 3 months, like no updates after 1 year, etc etc)

by the way i noticed Michelle already got poor rating (although she did a great job with this from her own free time) and i don't find it fairplay to give poor rating if u just don't agree with that person's opinion or choice or try to do something which she thinks it's good...

Dr Eng X don't worry my French is rusty nowadays, i lack practice ::) bonne chance pour toi et tout le monde!!! :)

happy Easter everyone!! :)
Thanks for responding, I did not feel well to go into pointless discussions. I too received bad ratings but who cares! I am not going into elections soon.
missmini said:
this thread was more for information than anything else: the ones desperate, who r in the situations mentioned above they will know where they could raise their voice; like this with a number of signatures (no matter how many) any one of us could send it to our MP, NGO, wherever they want....i still don't understand why others try to discourage it or defend smthg which ok for them it went ok but what abt the others?! it's like saying ok it went well for me and 10 others who cares abt the rest?! (again i talk abt the ones in agonazing situations, like thinking their file is lost after 3 months, like no updates after 1 year, etc etc)

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missmini said:
it really does!!!! and the ones who really cannot wait together my heart goes with all of them (like the sponsor is a PR and the sponsored gets the visit visas rejected, or cannot handle on one income if the sponsor moves and waits outside and many other situations)...yeah someone would say "well it's their choice" i would say not really, they were misinformed and unlucky - in some cases when they applied for immigration many years ago and one went before, it was taking 6 months to bring the rest of the family, 6 montha for AAALL embassies....but now, things changed too much and got more complicated

but yeah me too i believe that this will make any couple so strong and mature and and and all the good things :)
I have always questioned the whole system but I did not really want to go into details. The point is if CIC can prevent fraud cases then great but do not take years to process innocent people. I mean do not punish innocents. Do not accuse people of wrong doing...people are innocent till proven guilty...that is a real long discussion...!

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
*rolling eyes* whatever man. I dont rate people on this site, what am I a teenager? No one was discouraging the petition. My opinion was also not meant to be taking as if no one cares about the people who are in serious limbo. It could have been taken in a positive way to shed hope, stressing over something you cant control is never easy, and neither is desperation. I just wanted to make it clear to whomever, that in speaking for myself, since it was mentioned twice now, have never and will never rate someone on this board. I find it extremley juvenile in general.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
Dr Eng X said:
I have always questioned the whole system but I did not really want to go into details. The point is if CIC can prevent fraud cases then great but do not take years to process innocent people. I mean do not punish innocents. Do not accuse people of wrong doing...people are innocent till proven guilty...that is a real long discussion...!
the problem is that like in anything it is the innocents who have to suffer...at least if it would b for a good cause and canada would b fraud free than fine, but in the current way it's really not like this....and yeah it's not the time for details....that's already in other threads (or new threads), other days, other discussions, maybe with a less bitter taste....
for now that's how it is and we don't have other choice than to take it as it is....
as for the ratings they don't mean anything and people complained abt how they work for years (i think we even made a petition to have them full removed and the admin removed the negative one LOL - u can see it just in one's profile), but from time to time it's worth to mention it; and i was just mentioning it without putting blame on anyone there could b thousands reading and rating without ever writing anything, including spammers or people who have nothing better to do....whoever does it knows it and maybe they would change their mind ;)

Pummelchen

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One of the posts above talk about fair treatment in this country. Everyone has their own experience but living in Canada as a tourist for more than one year I went through this:

- Thrown out from our apartment in Edmonton by the police in the middle of the night. Rent and Deposit fully paid in advance. Moved in 3 days ago but Landlord didn't like us. Officer said rent contract is not valid (?) so my wife and me are not protected and had to pack our things within 10 minutes and leave the building.

- Since when the police decides if a contract is valid or not ? Thats up to a judge in democratic countries !

- As the result lost $1000 for rent and were homeless for 4 months, living at a Husky Truck stop most of the time. Freezing at -25 C outside in November, at times no money to buy food as we were not aware of the Foodbank.

- I got convicted in court for the fact that the plate on my wifes car expired. Why I got the ticket ? I was reading a book in another car parked next to it. I am a tourist here and never owned a car in my life ! We have a prenub contract, whatever my wife owns is not my property. How can I be held responsible for my wifes car if I am not driving it nor sit in it ? Unbelievable injustice.

- To appeal I would have to order the transcript of the trial within 30 days which cost around $700. How do you appeal when you have no money to pay for a copy of your own words ?

- My court date got set for June. At that time my Visa would expire in January. I told the court that I cannot attend the trial based on my Visa and need an earlier trial date. Got refused by which Canada broke international agreements to give a fair trial to foreigners. Had to involve the local MLA to get the trial date set forward.

- In court the police officer who gave me the ticket lied under oath, making a statement which was wrong and I could prove it with written evidence. The judge ignored it.

To sum up: I was never homeless before, I was never in court before, I never got a police ticket for anything in my whole life. And I worked in many countries worldwide, traveled a lot.

Had to come to this country to get abused and thrown into the dirt by the Canadian Government. I could puke when I hear how ppl talk so nice about this country but have no clue.

If my sponsorship case will be rejected I will be the most happy person ever and go back to Europe. Never had issues there.

SEVEN07

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
Caracas
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas-Venezuela
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2011
AOR Received.
NOV 2011
File Transfer...
JAN 2012
Med's Done....
JUL 2011-JUL 2012
Passport Req..
NOV 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DEC 2012
Im agree with you liuminparis

CIC dont care about applicants but some Embassy as Venezuelan one doesnt work....The proccess is a LIMBO and MISTERY.
This proccess is retarded....They dont promote family unity they are actually forcing them apart during very-very looooong processing times.
Its insane to wait for 3-4 years their spouses.

USA and other countries has improved their proccess...why Canada not..
We are not Ilegal person We dont wanna go there to &%$$ the system..
We only wanna have a family and work there..

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Dr Eng X said:
I can respect that...and I totally agree! I just think that we should try to put ourselves in CIC's shoes and consider what it might be like assessing thousands of applicants! I know, they haven't done a good job in regards to service standards, but on the other side of that coin, you have to ask yourself what might cause this to happen.

I'm trying to stay positive and I keep thinking that even though others have experienced poor service, this will not happen to me. It's not that I'm being naive, I just think that there is still a chance the service quality will be good for my case.

As for rating people on this forum, total waste of time. I've never understood the point of doing so on an anonymous forum...especially one like this...

Cheers,
FS

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since many of you like this long discussion of "CIC system" I will create a thread for it
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cic-system-t100979.0.html

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
Dr Eng X said:
Since many of you like this long discussion of "CIC system" I will create a thread for it
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cic-system-t100979.0.html
good idea but i think i'll stay away....u know i kept trying to do that for a while :p hope the discussions will b productive ;):)

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missmini said:
good idea but i think i'll stay away....u know i kept trying to do that for a while :p hope the discussions will b productive ;):)
It is out of respect to the thread topic, I started a new topic. I understand if you wish to stay away however your input is valuable. I hope I can stop my addiction to these forum

Did you know what was on CIC site?
Date updated Working on: actual#of days posted in CIC
25-Jan-2012 22-Nov-2011 64 74
1-Feb-2012 5-Dec-2011 58 56
8-Feb-2012 14-Dec-2011 56 54
15-Feb-2012 22-Dec-2011 55 53
22-Feb-2012 3-Jan-2012 50 48
29-Feb-2012 3-Jan-2012 57 55
7-Mar-2012 3-Jan-2012 64 55
14-Mar-2012 25-Jan-2012 49 55
19-Mar-2012 25-Jan-2012 54 55

https://docs.google.com/a/ualberta.ca/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiQtouN8VlHodGRSOC1Jb0xmbUFQMllQU01ISzAyNHc#gid=0

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
missmini said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: OMG i'm so sorry for u!!!! but i think Canada is so different from province to province; of course each province is not perfect but still it prooves my personal point that i would happily live in QB, ON or BC but i would never move to AB (no offense to anyone living there)....u should just take ur wife to Germany, it's very nice there too ;D
If it's soo bad here why would he immigrate? It is how it is here with the good and the bad... But saying if his application gets refused he'll be happy? Why doesn't he remove himself and give a chance to the next person in line who would be ecstatic to move here and start a life? Negativity is really driving me nuts! I know Canada isn't perfect heck i grew up in quebec with the whole Bill 101 crap (and im french) but seriously if so much resentment is already put towards this country than why go through with it? I could keep writting but ill restrain myself.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
The negativity is bothering me too. If you hate Canada so much then leave. And stop posting too. For my family - Canada is our lifesaver.

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
canadiangirl78 said:
The negativity is bothering me too. If you hate Canada so much then leave. And stop posting too. For my family - Canada is our lifesaver.
Thank you i just get so maddd about it... Its simple you dont like it goodbye! Everything takes an adjustment but to that point!

Saffy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
AOR Received.
August 29, 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
April 10, 2012
Passport Req..
13-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
They should hire more people to work on all those thousands of applications they get! If my husband was here I would have started having
a family already. But how can I start? I don't want to be pregnant and him being oceans away from me, and then having to go through labor
by myself because they wont accept him in time? That's too much for me. So for now, we have to wait on them and its really depressing.