Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
PPR date 05-09-2012 / letter received 10-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2012 / visa received 26-10-2012
LANDED..........
18-11-2012 :)
I've read the petition at the start of this thread and for me, it makes sense.

my concern (at this stage) is knowing if my application was received by the processing section of CIC.. so for me, having an acknowledgment letter/notification of receipt of my application will matter a lot. A least I know it's there waiting for allocation to an officer or waiting to be processed. I don't have to wait and worry that it would take 55 or even 75 days (for sponsor DM) for me to know that it's there.

Just to give an example, visa and immigration applications at the Australian embassy (in Manila where permanent visa applications such as partner applications are processed, no separate first stage or processing in australia) are given acknowledgment letters. And service standards is 7 business days! This means that whenever an application is received, an ack letter must be sent to the applicant within 7 business days (via email and of course longer if by mail)... So I can't help but wonder, why can't Canada have that too?

While I understand that CIC has its own procedural process or protocols or legislation and that i should not be comparing at all, of course I still wish a similar process could be done by CIC.. And I also understand that this could mean modifying a certain part of the process of CIC (since they do send AOR but not to all so it means this process already exists) which could take time or additional resources to be implemented.. But that's why we have things like this petition right? To at least start with something.. Just like giving feedback..

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
Dr Eng X said:
But that is why this thread? that is why sticking together is not only by supportive words?
We can easily get distracted by eloquent nice words Do not we?
I am supporting her, she wrote in french I wrote in french...eloquent words can or cannot be used that is the person's choice.
Im not distracted by eloquent words, some are more talented in writting than others! At least we all agree that Canada has room for much needed improvement!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cgagnon said:
I am supporting her, she wrote in french I wrote in french...eloquent words can or cannot be used that is the person's choice.
Im not distracted by eloquent words, some are more talented in writting than others! At least we all agree that Canada has room for much needed improvement!
I know :) you probably know what I mean :). There were a lot of distractions on this thread.

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
Dr Eng X said:
I know :) you probably know what I mean :). There were a lot of distractions on this thread.
I know what you meant, distractions are good they keep you on your toes! :)

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
merger said:
I've read the petition at the start of this thread and for me, it makes sense.

my concern (at this stage) is knowing if my application was received by the processing section of CIC.. so for me, having an acknowledgment letter/notification of receipt of my application will matter a lot. A least I know it's there waiting for allocation to an officer or waiting to be processed. I don't have to wait and worry that it would take 55 or even 75 days (for sponsor DM) for me to know that it's there.
Totally right, it would not matter if processing was less than a month because by the time you receive their snail mail AOR you got the approval already.

merger said:
While I understand that CIC has its own procedural process or protocols or legislation and that i should not be comparing at all, of course I still wish a similar process could be done by CIC.. And I also understand that this could mean modifying a certain part of the process of CIC (since they do send AOR but not to all so it means this process already exists) which could take time or additional resources to be implemented.. But that's why we have things like this petition right? To at least start with something.. Just like giving feedback..
They just decided to stop sending AOR. I tried to see if there was a logic in some receiving while others don't.

You (I don't mean merger-the poster) can always give them excuses (just as politicians justify things) but the bottom line we want a system that works if NOT there is always room for change or the least improvement. These changes or improvements won't happen if we just sit satisfied and grateful to their unequivocal great performance ::) !

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cgagnon said:
I know what you meant, distractions are good they keep you on your toes! :)
Not really, I do not like pointless words arguments... I am already stressed...people used to get their approvals next month < 30 days

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
Dr Eng X said:
Not really, I do not like pointless words arguments... I am already stressed...people used to get their approvals next month < 30 days
I guess that's where we differ I do not find them pointless when it's something I believe in. On another note I e-mailed my MP with the january and february spreadsheet and the petition to see if we could talk about it in the house of common. I'm crossing my fingers and hope we can get it signed by more people...we are not necessarily doing it for us but it's worth it for futur applicants!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cgagnon said:
On another note I e-mailed my MP with the january and february spreadsheet and the petition to see if we could talk about it in the house of common. I'm crossing my fingers and hope we can get it signed by more people...we are not necessarily doing it for us but it's worth it for futur applicants!
Excellent thumbs up! Please guys each in his position...I wonder if we have among us attorneys, broadcast, media...

madmtl

Mar 5, 2012
cgagnon said:
Je pense la même affaire...nous payons leur salaire et qu'est-ce qui est encore plus frustrant c'est que nous avons une étape d'extra habitant au québec ( il faut toujours être différent du reste du pays!) En 2 ans nous avons monter de 2% en taxe et toujours aucun changement...est-ce que tu as essayé de communiquer avec ton représentant gouvernemental? Il semble que dans certain cas ceci à fonctionner...Une chose est sur les émotions que nous vivons en ce moment concernant tout ce processus sont sérieuses et affectent notre santé régulièrement je te souhaite que cette semaine ce soit ton tour!!
Oui j'ai communiqué avec mon député (un de ses emplyés); mais tout ce qu'il peut faire de se renseigner au sujet de la demande; chose que je sais déja. J'ai parlé plusieurs fois avec un superviseur et c'est la même chose: il dit qu'ils ont demandé la colloboration du bureau d'ottawa.. on s'excuse du retard; ta demande n'est pas égarée mais n'a pas encore été traité. Ça aussi je le sais déja. J'ai envoyè un email, deux fax à mississauga; j'ai même envoyer un email et un fax au bureau du minsitre et à celui de chef du NPD. Pas de réponse! Il n y a plus rien à faire; les dégâts sont normes, au niveau physique et psychologique; et, pour moi, il y aura toujours un canada d'avant et un autre d'après mississauga.

in brief:
Yes I contacted my MP. I spoke with a supervisor: my application is not lost but has not yet been processed. I already know that!!( i received an AOR jan 31 while my app was received in jan 11). I sent an email and 2 fax to mississauga , I even send an email and fax to the minsitre and another to the NDP leader. No answer! So, for me, canada will never be the country it was before January 2012..

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
madmtl said:
Oui j'ai communiqué avec mon député (un de ses emplyés); mais tout ce qu'il peut faire de se renseigner au sujet de la demande; chose que je sais déja. J'ai parlé plusieurs fois avec un superviseur et c'est la même chose: il dit qu'ils ont demandé la colloboration du bureau d'ottawa.. on s'excuse du retard; ta demande n'est pas égarée mais n'a pas encore été traité. Ça aussi je le sais déja. J'ai envoyè un email, deux fax à mississauga; j'ai même envoyer un email et un fax au bureau du minsitre et à celui de chef du NPD. Pas de réponse! Il n y a plus rien à faire; les dégâts sont normes, au niveau physique et psychologique; et, pour moi, il y aura toujours un canada d'avant et un autre d'après mississauga.

in brief:
Yes I contacted my MP. I spoke with a supervisor: my application is not lost but has not yet been processed. I already know that!!( i received an AOR jan 31 while my app was received in jan 11). I sent an email and 2 fax to mississauga , I even send an email and fax to the minsitre and another to the NDP leader. No answer! So, for me, canada will never be the country it was before January 2012..
J' espère que tu attends plus longtemps en ce moment pour une bonne raison et lorsque ton dossier sera transféré rapide comme l'éclair!

Translation: I hope you are waiting long now for a good reason and that once its transferred it will go as fast as lightning!

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Forget what I said before.

I'm going to sign the petition and ask all my family and friends to do the same.

Seriously, my government is pathetic. How can it take so long to read through a few forms?

Let's keep this thread going and put pressure on CIC to do their job!

FS

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fencesitter said:

I'm going to sign the petition and ask all my family and friends to do the same.

Seriously, my government is pathetic. How can it take so long to read through a few forms?

FS
Now you understand and feel when we first started this thread there were more games played by CIC (not only processing times. If you look to the past sheets this stage took ~ month and they received AOR...also after receiving AOR approvals were few days later

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Fencesitter said:

FS
The thing is, we don't know the details. We don't know what is causing the problem. It could be legitimate. Heavy number of applicants, computer problems that they are working on, etc. I don't think they are just snacking with their feet up all day.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiangirl78 said:
The thing is, we don't know the details. We don't know what is causing the problem. It could be legitimate. Heavy number of applicants, computer problems that they are working on, etc. I don't think they are just snacking with their feet up all day.
That is not our problem (we are not the managers or the minister each has his job and they are not doing their job). Whatever the problem is it should not take a month! 3 weeks processing times 55 days and CIC is going backward
If there are many application temporarily hire more ...or whatever... we need things done...Do not be passive and lazy...

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Dr Eng X said:
That is not our problem. Whatever the problem is it should not take a month! and CIC is going backward
If there are many application temporarily hire more ...or whatever... we need things done...Do not be passive and lazy...
Are you calling me passive and lazy?!