+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Super Visa April 2024 Timeline

drshohrat

Aug 26, 2017
Hi guys.
I applied for my mother's supervisa on 19 April.
the medical was done upfront and shows " you donot need a medical exam" . the biometrics got approved on 5th July but there is no activity since. what is the usual timeline and when should i on average expect an approval. the portal currently appears as:
Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • July 5, 2024 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

also , i made a big blunder by not adding my mother's bank statement ( i wrote in the letter of invite that i will be supporting her visit through out, and provided an itinerary along with her tickets), should i provide her bank statements too, and if yes then how can i provide it now?
thank you.

wzhao

Feb 21, 2019
I applied in April as well and at the same stage as you. Nothing happened after passing medical.

If you made it clear that you are supporting her financially and you provided your financial proof, then you don't need to show her bank statement.
Hi guys.
I applied for my mother's supervisa on 19 April.
the medical was done upfront and shows " you donot need a medical exam" . the biometrics got approved on 5th July but there is no activity since. what is the usual timeline and when should i on average expect an approval. the portal currently appears as:
Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • July 5, 2024 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

also , i made a big blunder by not adding my mother's bank statement ( i wrote in the letter of invite that i will be supporting her visit through out, and provided an itinerary along with her tickets), should i provide her bank statements too, and if yes then how can i provide it now?
thank you.

Reactions: drshohrat

drshohrat

Aug 26, 2017
I applied in April as well and at the same stage as you. Nothing happened after passing medical.

If you made it clear that you are supporting her financially and you provided your financial proof, then you don't need to show her bank statement.
I provided my notice of assessment as proof of income. that should cover , right? or should i have added my bank statement too?

vivektripathy20

Star Member
Dec 28, 2020
Hello everyone,
I got my PPR for visitor visa on August 12th.I am already on a PGWP and my visitor visa had expired.
I had applied from India, and following is my timeline.
April 16th,2024: Application Submitted
April 17th,2024:Application transmitted to IRCC
August 9th,2024:Correspondence Letter for Biometric confirmation (I have biometrics valid till 2031)
August 12th,2024: Passport request.
I do have significant travel history.
I had raised webform on June 16th, and i got reply on July 10th from IRCC.

parths411

Aug 5, 2020
My mother visited us Sept’23 - Jan’24. We planned to apply for her super visa later this year. However, due to personal issues, we decided to bring forward her visit in May’24 and apply for the super visa before her flight to Canada.

Finally, We received her visa approval and PPR request today.

Questions:
1. Can we submit an explanation letter to apply within Canada, or is it necessary to send the application to VFS outside of Canada?

2 since she has a US visa, can she activate her super visa and make a re-entry?
(she is flying back in Nov’24 so can provide ticket proof)

3. how are the six months calculated for the multiple-entry visa? Does it include the month of Jan’24 and the other 5 months ( May to October), or does it count as six months from her last entry?

I am confused about this and would appreciate some guidance.

Kingkk123

Mar 22, 2023
My mother visited us Sept’23 - Jan’24. We planned to apply for her super visa later this year. However, due to personal issues, we decided to bring forward her visit in May’24 and apply for the super visa before her flight to Canada.

Finally, We received her visa approval and PPR request today.

Questions:
1. Can we submit an explanation letter to apply within Canada, or is it necessary to send the application to VFS outside of Canada?

2 since she has a US visa, can she activate her super visa and make a re-entry?
(she is flying back in Nov’24 so can provide ticket proof)

3. how are the six months calculated for the multiple-entry visa? Does it include the month of Jan’24 and the other 5 months ( May to October), or does it count as six months from her last entry?

I am confused about this and would appreciate some guidance.
Hi, may I ask you that when did you apply for the Super Visa application for your mother? Thanks

blal

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Hi, I see multiple people reporting delay in Super visa for application filed in April. I also went through the same. I kept raising the webform and kept calling. Finally one day, an individual on phone checked that this should have moved further and told that they will make a note on the application and we received the PPR request next week.

blal

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Hi, my mother's passport(we submitted after PPR) is in process at IRCC Delhi since August 5th? Can someone share timelines as experienced after submitting the passport to IRCC in India recently.