Parents Super Visa April 2024 Timeline

blal

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Super visa file#
Application submitted# 24th April
Biometric Request# 25th April
Biometric Done# 30th April
Medical# 22nd June (upfront submitted but now its updated in the profile)
Eligibility# Not started
Background check# still processing since file submitted.
PPR# WAITING....
how long it will take to process this one its been over the processing time raise webform but did not useful.
I am also in similar boat. Did the application status changed from Submitted to something else for you. Also, I read that you filed a webform for application status. How long it took to update the medical completed after that? I
Application submitted# 22th April
Biometric Request# 22th April
Biometric Done# 29th April
Medical# (upfront submitted but it says you do not need a medical exam)
Eligibility# Not started

Dharmi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
I am also in similar boat. Did the application status changed from Submitted to something else for you. Also, I read that you filed a webform for application status. How long it took to update the medical completed after that? I
Application submitted# 22th April
Biometric Request# 22th April
Biometric Done# 29th April
Medical# (upfront submitted but it says you do not need a medical exam)
Eligibility# Not started
Webform did not help me to be honest when I raise webform they send me reply back after week that we cannot give you any time how long it will take time to process the file.
since I submitted file I just got update yesterday that my medical has been done and today got one more update about BVL and I am still waiting for PPR.

mary_27

Sep 20, 2015
Hi everyone,
I'm planning to invite my father for a super visa application and I needed to get some opinions with regards to the content of the invitation letter.
My father's super visa is to help him join my mother who is a permanent resident here in Canada. In the invitation letter, I'm mentioning that my mother finds it difficult to be away from him and so he needs to come with a super visa. I'm also mentioning that his super visa will provide mental support for myself and allow my mother to support me in taking care of my daughter. What do you think about the points I have included in the letter?
I just want to make sure that he won't get rejected because this may show low ties to home country for my father. As you all know, a single rejection is a red flag on the applicant forever.

I'd much appreciate your suggestions, considering you all in this thread have applied for super visa and have submitted invitation letters.

Thanks so much,
Mary

Dharmi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
Super visa for mother timeline frame#

Biometric done# 30th April
Background check# Still Processing
Eligibility# Not started
medical Update# 22nd June
BVL# 25th June
PPR# 25th June
This platform helped me a lot really appreciated.

Reactions: Kkalsi
May 1, 2024
Very risky situation...
It shows your father has more inclination to stay. Consider alternative methods like sponsorship in this case.
If you decide to apply for aTourist or Super visa make sure to show he has ties back home like work, property, close family members, children, investments.
If you can proof that he has sufficient funds along with your sufficient funds you may have a chance
Good luck!

Hi everyone,
I'm planning to invite my father for a super visa application and I needed to get some opinions with regards to the content of the invitation letter.
My father's super visa is to help him join my mother who is a permanent resident here in Canada. In the invitation letter, I'm mentioning that my mother finds it difficult to be away from him and so he needs to come with a super visa. I'm also mentioning that his super visa will provide mental support for myself and allow my mother to support me in taking care of my daughter. What do you think about the points I have included in the letter?
I just want to make sure that he won't get rejected because this may show low ties to home country for my father. As you all know, a single rejection is a red flag on the applicant forever.

I'd much appreciate your suggestions, considering you all in this thread have applied for super visa and have submitted invitation letters.

Thanks so much,
Mary

Sumbal Johnson

Apr 10, 2019
Hi All,

Below is the timeline for my father's super visa; there hasn't been any movement in his application in over a month, Should I be worried? My dad is from Pakistan, and I am a Canadian citizen.

Application submitted: 17 May, 2024
BL: 17 May, 2024
Biometrics submitted & completed: 20 May, 2024
Medical : You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
PPR: Not yet

Kkalsi

Oct 16, 2023
Super visa for mother timeline frame#

Biometric done# 30th April
Background check# Still Processing
Eligibility# Not started
medical Update# 22nd June
BVL# 25th June
PPR# 25th June
This platform helped me a lot really appreciated.
Congratulation .. Hope i will also get any update soon.

mary_27

Sep 20, 2015
Very risky situation...
It shows your father has more inclination to stay. Consider alternative methods like sponsorship in this case.
If you decide to apply for aTourist or Super visa make sure to show he has ties back home like work, property, close family members, children, investments.
If you can proof that he has sufficient funds along with your sufficient funds you may have a chance
Good luck!
Thank you so much for your recommendations!
That's what I'm worried about. The issue is he is retired and has no kids left back home. With my mom wanting to be here as a PR, he has no immediate family member left back home. I wanted to try spousal sponsorship through my mom, but she has to be physically here for that to get started.
I know it's a difficult question to ask but I wonder, what would you recommend as the main point/highlight of the invitation letter to increase my father's chance for a favorable decision on his super visa?

msnhyder

Apr 22, 2024
Super visa status of my parents

Tl;DR: Submitted on 14th April and Approved on 9th May

Background on parents
Both parents are retired. Both of them had a valid visitor visa until next year. We applied super visa because they got new passports and they were planning to stay for more than 6 months this time. We showed that they have one permanent home and one rental property in India.

Background on income stuff
My wife and I invited them. We both had shown our incomes.

Applied: 14th April
Expected date of Canada entry shown on application: 1st June (would be close to actual date as well)
Biometrics : updated on 15th April from last visitor visa application
Biometrics (new one): Request received on 22nd April, Submitted on 26th April, Updated in portal on 27th April (mom's update was delayed by a day as compared to dad)
Medicals: Upfront medical done, shows as passed on 1st May for both (mom's update was delayed by a day)
Eligibility : Shows as we are reviewing in both profile (mom's update was delayed by a day)
Background Check :
PPR : 9th May
Submitted passport: 14th May
Passport under processing at Delhi: 16th May
Hello,

Did you receive your passport back from VFS.

Thanks,