+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Super Visa April 2024 Timeline

shah1151

Jun 20, 2024
Hi All,
Applied super-visa from India for parents on April 21, 2024. Father's application is processed and received passport request while Mother's application is still pending at Medicals.
Medicals NOT submitted upfront for both . Below is timeline.

Father
Submitted - April 21, 2024
BIL - April 24, 2024
Medicals request - May 16, 2024
Medicals submitted May 23, 2024
Medicals passed - May 27, 2024
Passport request - May 27, 2024

Mother
BIL - Already taken from previous visitors visa applied in 2019
Medicals passed - Waiting
Passport request - Waiting

Is this normal for mother/spouse to NOT to receive the medicals approval & passport request at the same time with father. TIA

shah1151

Jun 20, 2024
Hi All,
Applied super-visa from India for parents on April 21, 2024. Father's application is processed and received passport request while Mother's application is still pending at Medicals.
Medicals NOT submitted upfront for both . Below is timeline.

Father
BIL - April 24, 2024
Medicals passed - May 27, 2024
Passport request - May 27, 2024

Mother
BIL - Already taken from previous visitors visa applied in 2019
Medicals passed - Waiting
Passport request - Waiting

Is this normal for mother/spouse to NOT to receive the medicals approval & passport request at the same time with father. TIA
Hey ..Is there any update? I am in the same boat

Dharmi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
Mother
Application submitted: 16 April, 2024
Biometric: 16 April, 2024 (Updated from Previous rejected visitor visa 2023)
Medical: June 15,2024
BVL: June 20,2024
PPR: June 20,2024

Father
Application submitted: 16 April, 2024
Biometric: Notified on 19 April, 2024 and Biometrics completed on 24 April (updated the same day on portal)
Medical: June 11,2024
BVL: June 20,2024
PPR: June 20,2024

This forum has been helpful in providing insight to the application process. Thank you everyone. Best of luck to the ones awaiting response.

How much time does it usually take between passport submission and passport collection? I am considering not opting for courier service in order to save time.
First of all many many congratulation for visa.
i am in a same boat as you were earlier
application submitted # 24th April
Biometric Req# 25th April
Biometric Done# 30th April
Background check# Since upload file it shows its in process
Eligibility# not started
Medical# upfront done attached along with submit file doesn't show on profile yet
PPR#WAITING
now my question to you if you dont mind can you please tell me how long does it take to process your mother background check?
and also one more thing after background check is done how many days take to process remaining stages?
hopefully hear back from you ASAP. I wont panic but i am expecting and i need my mother with me that's why just asking.

Sep 28, 2020
Eligibility# not started
Medical# upfront done attached along with submit file doesn't show on profile yet
PPR#WAITING
now my question to you if you dont mind can you please tell me how long does it take to process your mother background check?
and also one more thing after background check is done how many days take to process remaining stages?
hopefully hear back from you ASAP. I wont panic but i am expecting and i need my mother with me that's why just asking.
I was also on the same boat until yesterday for my mom-in-law.
Application submitted: # April 22, 2024
Biometrics was done in 2022 while applying for visitor visa and medicals done in Jan 2024 when we extended her visitor visa. She travelled back at the end of her extended visitor visa and within a week we applied super visa for her. We gave insurance and expected travel date as 15 Oct, 2024.

There was nothing updated except biometric on April 22 (application date), last week I submitted the IME medical document through web form and mentioned that current processing time is 38days and application crossed 55days,requested the status of the application though we do not have immediate plan to travel.

Yesterday June 20, 2024, Got Biometric Validation Letter and Passport submission request letter as well.
There was no update on any sections until yesterday (medicals shows passed on June 18 and final decision approved on Jun 20th, rest all still in progress only including eligibility, background)

Hope this information helps you all as I was also just waiting for longer time where one of my friends got his parents super visa approved in 15days (first attempt with no previous application history). Processing time changes for each application and we cannot guarantee the timeline.

Dharmi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
I was also on the same boat until yesterday for my mom-in-law.
Application submitted: # April 22, 2024
Biometrics was done in 2022 while applying for visitor visa and medicals done in Jan 2024 when we extended her visitor visa. She travelled back at the end of her extended visitor visa and within a week we applied super visa for her. We gave insurance and expected travel date as 15 Oct, 2024.

There was nothing updated except biometric on April 22 (application date), last week I submitted the IME medical document through web form and mentioned that current processing time is 38days and application crossed 55days,requested the status of the application though we do not have immediate plan to travel.

Yesterday June 20, 2024, Got Biometric Validation Letter and Passport submission request letter as well.
There was no update on any sections until yesterday (medicals shows passed on June 18 and final decision approved on Jun 20th, rest all still in progress only including eligibility, background)

Hope this information helps you all as I was also just waiting for longer time where one of my friends got his parents super visa approved in 15days (first attempt with no previous application history). Processing time changes for each application and we cannot guarantee the timeline.
Should i raise medical webform IME what do you think? May be it will expedite my file process?

Vir722

May 27, 2024
Eligibility# not started
PPR#WAITING
Thank you.

Surprisingly my parents’ background check shows ‘In Progress’ presently. I am assuming it’s probably a technical glitch.

Based on your timelines and present processing time, you can contact IRCC. I called IRCC first time after 50 days from application submission and then again after 10 days. I inquired why I haven’t seen any updates on my parents’ application and if there is any action that I could take to escalate the application. The representative on second contact was helpful and mentioned that he has left a note of file requesting final decision.

When contacting IRCC, I didn’t enter UCI number when prompted or any other information and instead chose to use options to navigate to Temporary Resident Visa and speak to an agent.

Best of luck.

Dharmi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
Thank you.

Surprisingly my parents’ background check shows ‘In Progress’ presently. I am assuming it’s probably a technical glitch.

Based on your timelines and present processing time, you can contact IRCC. I called IRCC first time after 50 days from application submission and then again after 10 days. I inquired why I haven’t seen any updates on my parents’ application and if there is any action that I could take to escalate the application. The representative on second contact was helpful and mentioned that he has left a note of file requesting final decision.

When contacting IRCC, I didn’t enter UCI number when prompted or any other information and instead chose to use options to navigate to Temporary Resident Visa and speak to an agent.

Best of luck.
Thank you so much for your response.
i am not authorized representative of my mother file yet and i did raise webform last week to become representative but still there is no update on it i am not allowed to contact them however i did raise webform for application status and they send me respond on email back that we can not give you any timeline that your visa will take this much amount of time so that response was not useful now i dont know how to contact them and what to do further in this situation.

i am hoping that i will receive update by next week.do you think i should raise one more time webform rather than calling them?

Vir722

May 27, 2024
i am not authorized representative of my mother file yet and i did raise webform last week to become representative but still there is no update on it i am not allowed to contact them however i did raise webform for application status and they send me respond on email back that we can not give you any timeline that your visa will take this much amount of time so that response was not useful now i dont know how to contact them and what to do further in this situation.

i am hoping that i will receive update by next week.do you think i should raise one more time webform rather than calling them?
I am not sure if the response to your second webform will be any different from the first. You can certainly try doing it anyways after waiting for about 10 days since the first webform.

Reactions: jay21

jay21

Star Member
Apr 28, 2022

Hi I also sent webform but haven’t got reply. How many average days does it take to get webform reply?

Sep 28, 2020
If we have representative on file, can Applicant send webform to inquire about visa process? IRCC has made name error on passport request letter. What should I do? There’s only 30 days to send passport for stamping
I think applicant can send a Webform mentioning the same.
mask for name correction in the ppr through Webform and they will respond back.

Reactions: jay21

Dharmi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2024
Hi I also sent webform but haven’t got reply. How many average days does it take to get webform reply?
Raise webform on 12th June and got respond back on 19th June but did not make any difference on the file its just standard answer they send you back.