Congrats, can u share ur home country and time line
Application to sponsor my mother sent in Apr. 2008
Documents requested by Mississauga in Nov. 2011
Sponsorship approved in Jan. 2012 and PR file sent to CPP-O
Medical requested and done in Feb. 2012
Medicals received in Mar. 2012
"In process" since Apr. 2012
"Decision Made" in Aug. 2012

We never asked for Seattle Consulate as the LVO - we wrote in the application that, if necessary, the file could be sent to our home country, Romania. So, maybe more people receive requests to send passports to Seattle if the CIC is informed that the parent is presently visiting Canada (as we let them know).

h-india

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
my father,s medical results send to cic london 14 sept .today ecase changed MEDICAL RESULT HAVE BEEN RECEIVED.is this mean medical passed.

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h-india said:
my father,s medical results send to cic london 14 sept .today ecase changed MEDICAL RESULT HAVE BEEN RECEIVED.is this mean medical passed.
yes.

dancu, congrats! Could you please tell me if your passport request had any reference to the fact that the passport needs to be valid for at least 12 months? Thanks a bunch!

parkbr

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 4 2009
Doc's Request.
Mar 30 2012
AOR Received.
May 18 2012
File Transfer...
Jun 4 2012
Med's Request
Aug 1 2012
Med's Done....
Aug 13 2012 (Sent on 16th)
Passport Req..
Oct 29 2012
h-india said:
I heard that is so. I myself wish it is the case, too.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Dancu said:
Application to sponsor my mother sent in Apr. 2008
"Decision Made" in Aug. 2012

We never asked for Seattle Consulate as the LVO - we wrote in the application that, if necessary, the file could be sent to our home country, Romania. So, maybe more people receive requests to send passports to Seattle if the CIC is informed that the parent is presently visiting Canada (as we let them know).
CONGRATULATIONS!

Did they know that your mom is in Canada currently? Did you emphasize this in your application? Sounds like you did mention it somehow but I am just wondering where you specified that and at what stage
(my parents are currently in Canada visiting for several months and we are still awaiting our mailed med forms so a long way to go but I just want tno know how others dealt with that situation)

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anik, I personally sent a fax and an email to CPP-Ottawa advising them that my mom is visiting here and for how long.
I think dancu said that they informed CIC that parents are visiting, If i understood it right:)

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sibnadian said:
Anik, I personally sent a fax and an email to CPP-Ottawa advising them that my mom is visiting here and for how long.
I think dancu said that they informed CIC that parents are visiting, If i understood it right:)
I did the same. I emailed CPP-O that my parents are here in Canada as a visitor for 6 months.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
sibnadian said:
Yes, that is how I understood too. Was just wondering how (a special letter or fax or somethign else?)

Anyway, not yet relevant for me unfortunately (still a long way to go... plus we are at LVO so they may not be that accomodating).
But I guess I should start worrying about that when we get to that point...
Looks like it took about 6 months for dancu since the medicals anyway...

Dancu

Aug 17, 2012
Anik said:
Yes, that is how I understood too. Was just wondering how (a special letter or fax or somethign else?)

Anyway, not yet relevant for me unfortunately (still a long way to go... plus we are at LVO so they may not be that accomodating).
But I guess I should start worrying about that when we get to that point...
Looks like it took about 6 months for dancu since the medicals anyway...
I mailed a letter to CPP-O with this information (that my mother visits me in Canada).

CanOcan

Feb 26, 2012
sibnadian said:
Can0can, does your passport request say anything about how long the passport should be valid for?
this is what it says
" if your passport or the passport of your spouse expires on an earlier date, the visa will expire on that earlier date."
earlier date refer to medical done date so if your passport expire before that thats where your visa will be upto

Dancu

Aug 17, 2012
rajmalhotra7 said:
Hi Dancu - another one

https://www.prioritymail.com/international_shipping.asp
Thanks a lot for your information on my question!

Re-reading their instructions for mailing it seems they really prohibit any option other than just regular mail (for Canadian return addresses). So I might just do that since otherwise they may delay the whole process of passport return.

Dancu

Aug 17, 2012
sibnadian said:
yes.

dancu, congrats! Could you please tell me if your passport request had any reference to the fact that the passport needs to be valid for at least 12 months? Thanks a bunch!
They ask that the passport be valid for at least 6 more months.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Anik said:
CONGRATULATIONS!

Did they know that your mom is in Canada currently? Did you emphasize this in your application? Sounds like you did mention it somehow but I am just wondering where you specified that and at what stage
(my parents are currently in Canada visiting for several months and we are still awaiting our mailed med forms so a long way to go but I just want tno know how others dealt with that situation)
I did the same when I sent PCC, wrote in letter that they are here, however our file is in LVO so not sure how they will proceed