26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
kltt said:
Next step should be request for Medicals.
The inventory levels of PoS LVO are very low. Hence, you should expect a shorter processing time. All the best!

raatri

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2008
Doc's Request.
11-11-2011
Nomination.....
Approved as Sponsor
AOR Received.
14-05-2012
IELTS Request
PCCs received April 16, 2012
File Transfer...
May 22, 2012
Med's Request
Waiting..
:-\ - NEWSFLASH:

i just called CIC again just about half hour ago to check whether my parents application is still in transition for Singapore or not. At first the agent was even hesitant to check the status as according to her as soon as we can approved as sponsors the agents dont see any update on the file! Anyhow I forced her to check my file as i mentioned i called last week and they said they were preparing the package to send it down to LVO. I also wanted to know about the status on the PCCs that I had mailed them later ( didnt send them initially with all the documents) and also the forms I sent to make myself rep for my parents application.

she made me wait a few times as apparently they are using a new system and she needed time to look at all the info. i didnt mind waiting as i thought i may be getting more information...
she came back saying that there is a note on my file they received the PCCs already on April 16, 2012. she said I am still not showing up as a rep on their application and i should fax those forms again. Finally the last info - the package has already been shipped out along with the PCCs.

...And then she mentioned another insight that I was surprised. She said with the new process with sponsorship applications for parents and grandparents to speed things up - it could be CPC-M or CPC-Ottawa looking at the package even though the approval letter could say its going to LVO singapore or wherever! .. I am not sure as how much i would like to believe this.. so basically after approval it may just sit at any of the 3 locations - CPC-M, CPC-O, LVO.... but again criteria unknown as to which package goes where!!..

syedarslan111

Star Member
Mar 18, 2012
well i have seen cpc-ottawa and cpc-m is quite fast in processing case so just wish that the things happen right and fast for everyone

raatri

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2008
Doc's Request.
11-11-2011
Nomination.....
Approved as Sponsor
AOR Received.
14-05-2012
IELTS Request
PCCs received April 16, 2012
File Transfer...
May 22, 2012
Med's Request
Waiting..
syedarslan111 said:
well i have seen cpc-ottawa and cpc-m is quite fast in processing case so just wish that the things happen right and fast for everyone
no that is understood however this was really news to me that even if the approval letter says its going to some LVO it really may just go to CPC-O or stay with CPC-M for further processing.

kandel

Jan 2, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 April 2008
Doc's Request.
1 March 2012 Doc's Submitted: 20 Apr 2012
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
25 Sep 2012 AOR Received: 16 Mar 2013
Med's Request
03 June 2013
Med's Done....
12 June 2013 Dependant......: One
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
07 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
raatri said:

i just called CIC again just about half hour ago to check whether my parents application is still in transition for Singapore or not. At first the agent was even hesitant to check the status as according to her as soon as we can approved as sponsors the agents dont see any update on the file! Anyhow I forced her to check my file as i mentioned i called last week and they said they were preparing the package to send it down to LVO. I also wanted to know about the status on the PCCs that I had mailed them later ( didnt send them initially with all the documents) and also the forms I sent to make myself rep for my parents application.

she made me wait a few times as apparently they are using a new system and she needed time to look at all the info. i didnt mind waiting as i thought i may be getting more information...
she came back saying that there is a note on my file they received the PCCs already on April 16, 2012. she said I am still not showing up as a rep on their application and i should fax those forms again. Finally the last info - the package has already been shipped out along with the PCCs.

...And then she mentioned another insight that I was surprised. She said with the new process with sponsorship applications for parents and grandparents to speed things up - it could be CPC-M or CPC-Ottawa looking at the package even though the approval letter could say its going to LVO singapore or wherever! .. I am not sure as how much i would like to believe this.. so basically after approval it may just sit at any of the 3 locations - CPC-M, CPC-O, LVO.... but again criteria unknown as to which package goes where!!..
Hmm intresting..thanks ratri

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Browneagle said:
It usually takes 15-25 days from the decision made to mailing to LVO.

In my case, CIC actually mailed the application to LVO in the first week of May
CIC usually mail the application in batches.
Hope this will help and best of luck.
Browneagle, how did you find out when your case was actually mailed? Did a call centre agent tell you that?

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
raatri said:

Thanks for sharign Raatri! Very interesting.
I am concerned about the PCCs as well. I actually mailed them to the local VO last week deciding not to wait till they request it (the PCCs are dated in March so I fugured either they will either consider them expired at some point or just accept them and decided to mail them). Now though I am concerned - what if my parents' file is not even at the LVO yet (my approval letter was dated April 12 adn I have not heard from the LVO ever)o

darshanvyas79

Feb 17, 2012
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kandel said:
Hmm intresting..thanks ratri
Hey Thanks for the great info. interesting.
I've called again today but Rep has denied to give me any more information after sponsorship approval. I've tried asking that another rep provided info about file and PCC etc to my friend. he said, we can check but we are not allowed to as it is out of law for us. we can loose our job if we provide information using new systems and infomation of LVO. !!! I guess, you were good to ask all the infos from rep :)
He doesn't know that who will request for passport (Ottawa or LVO).

mspakp

Mar 12, 2010
Hi All

I got the medical request for my parents last week. Now my parents are visting canada and in Calgary right now and then coming to Toronto 1.5 months later and then back to India in Nov. We can get the medicals done at Calgary but i do expect follow up tests from CIC for my fathers heart condition.

I understand that they send the follow up tests in a sealed letter for the DMP. If the initial DMP is in Calgary and by the time they request follow up tests they are in toronto or if the tests are too costly here and we want to get them done in INDIA then how would we go about it?

Is it better to ask CIC that we want to hold off on medicals till Nov or should we get it done now but then how do we coordinate all this with DMP in Calgary and further tests to be done at Toronto or India

cslave

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2012 from LVO
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Request
20-12-2012
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
26-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2013
LANDED..........
04-08-2013
So it means that CPC-M or CPC-O might review the file even though physical file been send to LVO? Is it done by Global Case Management System (GCMS) ?

Here was my situation:
I was unable to send PCC to CPC-M with Nov2011 doc request. File was approved in January. I call CIC in February and the Agent told me to send PCC to Singapore but wait couple of weeks to make sure the Physical file has been send to Singapore otherwise they might confuse where to attach the PCC. I send PCC at the end of Feb. In first week of May 2012 I receive AOR from Singapore with the request for additional document.

kltt

Mar 14, 2012
In anticipation of Medical request in the future, I called DMP (Trinidad and Tobago) today about Medical cost, appointment time frame, etc. What was interesting is that the DMP office said that as of April 1st 2012 all Medicals are sent to Canada via Fedex and not to the LVO.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Ok, another update: followign the series of recent posts here on the board regardign files being in transit and changes in the process /reshuffling and such, I have decided to call the Call Centre today - just to see if I am lucky to get an agent that could provide some information about our case (whether it is in transit or at the LVO already at least)
I also wanted to check if I am recorded as a representative for my parents (we filed the form with all the other forms when submitting back in Feb 2012)

Anyway, after a number of holds, the agent told me that her system now shows that our case is in transit to CPC O or something like that... I told her "Are you sure? I already got a approval letter that our case is being transferred to the LVO" and she said "that is what the system shows now".

I do not want to get my hopes up so I will not hope too much so I will just have to wait patiently...
The problem is that I actually mailed our PCCs to the LVO just last week! They were getting to 3 month period and I was worried that they are about to expire and thought if I mail them they maybe will accept them at least for now (it is a pain in teh ... for my parents to go request them and it takes at least a month to process)

Oh, well... Looks like the whole process is being reshuffled again...Hope it is for the better! :)

jay123456

Star Member
Nov 1, 2011
mspakp said:
Hi All

I got the medical request for my parents last week. Now my parents are visting canada and in Calgary right now and then coming to Toronto 1.5 months later and then back to India in Nov. We can get the medicals done at Calgary but i do expect follow up tests from CIC for my fathers heart condition.

I understand that they send the follow up tests in a sealed letter for the DMP. If the initial DMP is in Calgary and by the time they request follow up tests they are in toronto or if the tests are too costly here and we want to get them done in INDIA then how would we go about it?

Is it better to ask CIC that we want to hold off on medicals till Nov or should we get it done now but then how do we coordinate all this with DMP in Calgary and further tests to be done at Toronto or India
Had a question about your post, You said you got medical request for your parents, did the request come to Canada or India, was it mailed or emailed to you? Also can you get the tests done from anywhere in Canada even though the file is at the LVO?? ---

I would suggest you to get the tests done from one place and inform the DMP and tell him that your parents will be leaving in Nov,
Can you call them and ask them randonly what if there is a followup required -- how long does the whole process take to go from the DMP and back to you for a follow up??? if there is a follow up

mspakp

Mar 12, 2010
jay123456 said:
Had a question about your post, You said you got medical request for your parents, did the request come to Canada or India, was it mailed or emailed to you? Also can you get the tests done from anywhere in Canada even though the file is at the LVO?? ---

I would suggest you to get the tests done from one place and inform the DMP and tell him that your parents will be leaving in Nov,
Can you call them and ask them randonly what if there is a followup required -- how long does the whole process take to go from the DMP and back to you for a follow up??? if there is a follow up

I got the request here since i am there represenatative and it was mailed to me not emailed...

h-india

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
I submitted additional documents may 15.Today i got letter from cpc-m,that they decided my application is complete.how long it will take them to take decision.any idea.