26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
Shuga said:
they have 15,000 visa target for parents/grand parents for CPCs-in Canada... does it mean that CPP-O will issue visas? or they still will forward the cases for visa issuing to the local office - but these visas will be counted as 'in Canada'?
I believe, they would still forward the cases for visa issue to the local office and that they would be counted as 'in Canada'

sponsorparents

Dec 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011<br>Doc's Delivered: 21-12-2011
File Transfer...
09-02-2012<br>PCC Submitted: 09-03-2012
Med's Request
16-04-2012
Med's Done....
25-04-2012<br>Med's Delivered: 30-04-2012<br>e-CAS Med's received: 02-06-2012
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2012
LANDED..........
14-04-2013
sakamath said:
I believe, they would still forward the cases for visa issue to the local office and that they would be counted as 'in Canada'
Yes, I think so. CPP-o helps out in processing.. But actual visas will be issued at local office.

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I'd like to pick on your brain.
My mom applied for a visitor's visa a month ago. She has been here 4 times and was always granted the visa with no request for medical exam. Today, she received a request to do her medical examination for visitor's visa. Okay. My question is, do you think the results will be valid for her PR file as well. I hope that we will get request for her medical exam for sponsorship within this year as well (medicals are valid for 1 year as the letter from the Embassy says).

This is so unfortunate. I would have applied for parents' super visa but her passport expires in a year so we thought she needs to go back home to get new passport anyhow and decided to apply for a simple TRV. Now it becomes not so simple but they can't issue her visa for longer than her passport is valid.:(

Another question...maybe she should ask for her passport back while waiting for her medicals, get new passport and submit this new passport when it will be time for the visa? But there is her current passport's info in all application forms.

Thanks for your thoughts!

sponsorparents

Dec 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011<br>Doc's Delivered: 21-12-2011
File Transfer...
09-02-2012<br>PCC Submitted: 09-03-2012
Med's Request
16-04-2012
Med's Done....
25-04-2012<br>Med's Delivered: 30-04-2012<br>e-CAS Med's received: 02-06-2012
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2012
LANDED..........
14-04-2013
I think you can use the medical results for up to 1 year.
I don't think its a wise idea to drop off when they ask for medicals. Its just my thought.

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, sponsorparents.

Yes, you are probably right. It might confuse them.

T

torontonian999

From what I have read on other people's experiences, I don't think medical examination for PR and for a visitor visa is the same. So, they will probably ask for the medical examination again for PR even if it is within the next one year.

sibnadian said:
Hi guys,

I'd like to pick on your brain.
My mom applied for a visitor's visa a month ago. She has been here 4 times and was always granted the visa with no request for medical exam. Today, she received a request to do her medical examination for visitor's visa. Okay. My question is, do you think the results will be valid for her PR file as well. I hope that we will get request for her medical exam for sponsorship within this year as well (medicals are valid for 1 year as the letter from the Embassy says).

This is so unfortunate. I would have applied for parents' super visa but her passport expires in a year so we thought she needs to go back home to get new passport anyhow and decided to apply for a simple TRV. Now it becomes not so simple but they can't issue her visa for longer than her passport is valid.:(

Another question...maybe she should ask for her passport back while waiting for her medicals, get new passport and submit this new passport when it will be time for the visa? But there is her current passport's info in all application forms.

Thanks for your thoughts!

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you torontonian...this is good to know :(
Will be a complete waste for us then:( Had I known that they would request a medical exam, I would have insisted that my mom gets a new passport (which is valid for 10 years). Now she will have to do her medical, come here for 6 months, go back home, then apply again (if PR is not granted by then) for the super-visa, do medical again...
Oh well...at least we are lucky that she was always granted TRVs...can't complain much I guess.

Shuga

Nov 26, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
03-03-2012 and 03-07-2012
sibnadian said:
Had I known that they would request a medical exam, I would have insisted that my mom gets a new passport (which is valid for 10 years). Now she will have to do her medical, come here for 6 months, go back home, then apply again (if PR is not granted by then) for the super-visa, do medical again...
Oh well...at least we are lucky that she was always granted TRVs...
i think that your mother can withdraw her visa application... my father got an unexpected request for medicals when he applied for visa - he revoked his applications because he did not have enough time to get medicals done and still come to visit us for christmas... not sure if it can have any negative impact on any future applications though...

seanv

Feb 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontonian999 said:
From what I have read on other people's experiences, I don't think medical examination for PR and for a visitor visa is the same.
+1

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks shuga,

Well, a complete withdrawal is not an option. She needs to be here by July or so when the school is over. She is coming to stay with the kids during the Summer. I think she can still make it. They say it is up to 90 days after medicals are done. If she goes to do her exam next week, she should get her visa by the end of June.
I was just thinking how she can get another passport while waiting for her medical results and get the visa in the new passport.

T

torontonian999

How long does it take to obtain a new passport in your country? Why don't you e-mail the Visa Office and ask if you can get the old passport back, and send them a new passport. She may be granted a 10-year multiple entry TRV if the new passport is valid for 10 years.

sibnadian said:
Thanks shuga,

Well, a complete withdrawal is not an option. She needs to be here by July or so when the school is over. She is coming to stay with the kids during the Summer. I think she can still make it. They say it is up to 90 days after medicals are done. If she goes to do her exam next week, she should get her visa by the end of June.
I was just thinking how she can get another passport while waiting for her medical results and get the visa in the new passport.

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontonian999 said:
How long does it take to obtain a new passport in your country? Why don't you e-mail the Visa Office and ask if you can get the old passport back, and send them a new passport. She may be granted a 10-year multiple entry TRV if the new passport is valid for 10 years.
It is a month on average.
That's what I am thinking, too. Just don't want to do something to complicate the process.
The only reason we didn't apply for super-visa was because her passport expires in a year. We thought it was too much hassle to get medicals done when she can only get visa for 1 year. But now, since she has to go through this hassle anyway, i am thinking tht getting the visa in a new passport is a much better idea:(

Shuga

Nov 26, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
03-03-2012 and 03-07-2012
saw a note on a different forum that somebody from December 2009 received a letter requesting additional docs from CPC-M

Ross_Tay

Mar 1, 2012
Shuga said:
saw a note on a different forum that somebody from December 2009 received a letter requesting additional docs from CPC-M
Hi,

Where did you find that someone from Dec. 2009 received a letter requesting additional docs?

I submitted my initial application in March 2009 and I still have not received any request to submit additional docs.

Thanks,