+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
sibnadian said:
My status changed to Decision Made today. The letter sent on March 28 they say. Based on the timelines for the letter I received yesterday, that means they will mail it out by April 15th or so.
Hope it is a positive one! Did you provide your email in applications? Wondering why they send letters to some people and email to others...

(Sibnadian, I sent you a private message - did you get it?)

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Shuga said:
this is weird... my status definitely changed twice a week - i was checking it every day so i could not have missed it...
I guess the key word in their statement is 'usually change..." They probably update it as they please (or whatever their upload timing is - maybe they do batch uploads on weekends or something like that..)
But they say that it changes once a week to manage our expectations :)

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
sibnadian said:
Thanks Shuga. Hopefully, it is positive. And my maternity leave EI will not affect it.

My status changed on a weekend both times.
I was on mat leave too during that 4 year period wait (after the original application) so I am in the same boat. My total income for the original application was fine but then my mat leave was across 2 fiscal years (half and half - summer baby :) ), so in those two years notices of assessment I have the EI line due to maternity .
So, I am crossing fingers that this is not going to affect us (I recall they do say somewhere in the instructions regarding financial evaluation forms that Maternity EI is fine - I think even short term disability payments are OK

I realized that I have not mentioned it explicitly at the last moment - when I was literally about to mail those additional docs (I included option C printouts for all years). So I attached a post-it note mentioning that EI is maternity :)

Snspring

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO: Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-05-2012
Med's Request
30-05-2014
gaggidhillon said:
hi snspring ya i know we both are in a same boat i am really very much tense.i call cic-m this response i got it
[size=10pt]The CIC call center agent said they are processing by batch....So, maybe some February cases were reviewed before some January cases because they do not look at date between the same batch????; or maybe depends on the speed of the official reviewing the application.
She suggested calling back in 3 weeks.
[/size]
hi gaggidhillon,

thanks for sharing CIC call center response.I wanted to call them too but now i wait a little more. I hope we get the good news soon.

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anik, sorry, didn't see it right away, Replied to you.

The problem with my EI is that i didn't mention anywhere that it was due to maternity. But it was a short one, for 3.5 months. I phoned CRA and they said the only way CIC will be able to determine it is by my child's birth date. :eek:

So, my 2007 Option C shows enough income but some of it is EI. But even without EI (if I subtract it), I was still ok, just barely. I also submitted a letter from my employer at the time that stated that I had a full-time job. So I hope it will be okay.

My husband told me today that if they deny based on EI, we will make a big deal of it and go on CBC with that ;D We shall see though. Technically, I am okay either way but who knows what they will think...Sigh...I should have been smarter and made my husband a co-sponsor, then we should have been okay regardless...

And yes, i did provide an email address. But did not receive anything yet via email.

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anik, your EI will be fine. They don't even require Option C from other years. They base their decision on the 2007 income (for 2008 applicants).
I didn't include option C for the last years with the additional docs but I included my last Notice of Assessment, from 2010.

ICJ

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Nomination.....
May 13, 2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
June 03, 2014
File Transfer...
June 03, 2014, Processing from July 03, 2014
Med's Request
April 18, 2015
Med's Done....
April 23, 2015- 3rd Line Updated April 28, 2015-medicals received
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 03, 2015-Passports submitted June 04, 2015-4th Line Decision Made-June 05, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 12, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015-Ottawa
I guess this has become a universal question now " where to send the medical report". As per medical request it is to be sent to the local office. For PPC Ottawa has clearly mentioned the address but for medicals its quite vague. I called CIC they said if application is being processed in Ottawa then send medicals to Ottawa. Then I told the agent about the sentence on the medical request letter then agent said submit it to New Delhi.
I know Shuga had it sent to London office and I believe his status shows "medical received"
Anyone where who had the medical sent to New Delhi/Ottawa (from home country) and have any status update.
Any advice on this issue is much appreciated. Thanks

Shuga

Nov 26, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
03-03-2012 and 03-07-2012
ICJ said:
I know Shuga had it sent to London office and I believe his status shows "medical received"
my status has NOT changed to medicals received... i would recommend sending medicals to Ottawa...

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ICJ, I would say Ottawa.
I know in my country, doctors will argue that they need to send it to London instead (just talked to a doctor who did my mom's medical for her TRV...asked her about medical for immigration and sending it Ottawa. She said she never heard of sending anything to Ottawa etc etc etc..of course, she didn't because it was never done before...) :eek:

sponsorparents

Dec 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011<br>Doc's Delivered: 21-12-2011
File Transfer...
09-02-2012<br>PCC Submitted: 09-03-2012
Med's Request
16-04-2012
Med's Done....
25-04-2012<br>Med's Delivered: 30-04-2012<br>e-CAS Med's received: 02-06-2012
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2012
LANDED..........
14-04-2013
tricky said:
Thanks so much sponsorparents; much appreciated! Fingers crossed for your meds request...I have noticed that you have been waiting for a while now...
Yes, its been a while, what I came to know is that CIC is waiting on my parents background check to complete. I heard it will take long time. I am the "unlucky" one for now.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
sibnadian said:
Anik, your EI will be fine. They don't even require Option C from other years. They base their decision on the 2007 income (for 2008 applicants).
I didn't include option C for the last years with the additional docs but I included my last Notice of Assessment, from 2010.
I only included it because I heard that they sometimes requested it from other people (kind of randomly). So, I thought why not include them to avoid delays...
But as far as I understand the rule formally is income for 12 months prior to application (though it was in times when sponsorship approval took 3-4 months :) not years...)

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
mahbubeh said:
My UCI was on approval letter, my parents UCI were on there medical forms that CIC emailed me.
The file number does not work for online status. I was confused by that too, I am not sure why they are giving us so many different number but I use UCI because it says " unique" :)
Other things that I used to use before getting UCI were:
My receipt number
My record of landing number! (based on call center recommendation)
I haven't tried them recently but I think they should still work,
I also use my UCI, but there is an option for the file number in the dropdown list (and the description says it starts with the letter which seems to stand for immigration type, e.g. F00... for family class, B...for business, etc)
The file number I got does not work yet but I will keep trying once in a while - just out of curiosity :)

As to why so many numbers: looks like their 'data model' is that UCI represent persons and the file number applies to applications/cases (not 100% sure but just trying to reverse engineer their DB systems :) ). Kit ID was probably used as some kind of temporary tracking of all those incoming documents before they get an official application/file number assigned.

dildarbar

Star Member
Jan 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
15 Feb 2012 ottawa
Med's Done....
29 March 2012
Passport Req..
12-0ct-1012
VISA ISSUED...
26-oct-2012
sibnadian said:
ICJ, I would say Ottawa.
I know in my country, doctors will argue that they need to send it to London instead (just talked to a doctor who did my mom's medical for her TRV...asked her about medical for immigration and sending it Ottawa. She said she never heard of sending anything to Ottawa etc etc etc..of course, she didn't because it was never done before...) :eek:
Send medical report this office if they mention in medical report CPP-Ottawa

Ottawa
Ottawa Regional Medical Office
Health Management Branch
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Ave. West, 3rd floor
Ottawa, ON K1A 1L1
Canada
Fax: +1 613 954 6211

mohalite

Mar 29, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 June, 2008
Doc's Request.
25 Nov, 2011
AOR Received.
29 March, 2012
File Transfer...
10 April, 2012 to Ottawa
Med's Request
11 June, 2012
Med's Done....
21 June, 2012
Passport Req..
07 Nov, 2012
Anik-
My eCAS status changed to two lines today.
Line2 added: Application Received, Application Received. I am able to use the application number and my dad's credentials to log in to eCAS. Their status shows one line, Application Received with no further information. I think it means that they have started reviewing the file.