+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
sibnadian said:
Anik, it is still interesting they referred to the file that starts with "F..."

I also have lots of documents in my file. We shall see...Good news for me is that they said my file is complete, which means they are satisfied with the document I submitted for my mom in lieu of her marriage certificate that we did't have.
It is interesting - I agree. That is a good news indeed that they confirmed for you that the file is complete. So, the letter you received referred to documents you submitted in February and confermed it is fine but they did not give you a file/application number in that letter, did they?

Then it looks like I have not yet received that kind of acknowledgement letter but they did seem to assign some file number. But I suspect it is a file number for my sponsorship application, not for my parents application just yet...

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Shuga and others who were approved already: did you have a separate file number for your sponsorship application vs. your parents application?

For me, CIC used my UCI in communication as well as KIT ID (a long number).
Only in that email today I see the F... number :)-)) but still along wtih my UCI (no more kit id).

So I am suspecting that this F number is probably just the file # created for my sponsorship application (not for parents yet).

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
One more observation (we are like detectives here :) )

I noticed that my email address (the same) is listed twice in the To: field of that email from CIC
So, I am wondering whether this is just a glitch in their system :) or whether it is because I put the same email address in my parents' application (IMM008) as well as in the use of representative form and my original sponsorship application.

Pure curiosity :) - probably not much is following from that...

Shuga

Nov 26, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
03-03-2012 and 03-07-2012
Anik said:
they are updating the online status system once a week
why do you think the on line system is updated once a week? i'm sure my on line status has changed in the middle of the week (wednesday ot thursday) - from one line to 2 lines and then on the weekend (satirday or sunday) it changed to a decision made... so my status changed twice a week... i doubt that on line status changes once a week...

Shuga

Nov 26, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
Anik said:
Shuga and others who were approved already: did you have a separate file number for your sponsorship application vs. your parents application?
the first time i saw the file number was in the approval letter... the UCIs for my parents are the same as for their temporary visa applications ( i did not know about it - saw in FOSS notes)... i can check on line status using both my UCI (see 2 lines) and my parents UCIs (see 1 line only)...

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is UCI? Is that just digits?
I use IMM receipt number when I check the status online.

Anik, yes, they said they received additional documents on Feb 2 and that the file is complete.

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
okay, i know my mom's visitor's visas UCI (because it was on her medical forms for visitor's visa). I checked the status using her name and date of birth. It has one line and says "application received" but no other info.

Shuga

Nov 26, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
sibnadian said:
What is UCI? Is that just digits?
8 digits - unique client id

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shuga, where was it originally?

on the letter, there is a 10 digit file number (doesn't work) but they sya in the letter that i can use the above UCI :eek:

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
okay, i found it on my original immigration docs. However, my last name is different now. We will see if it will work.

mohalite

Mar 29, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 June, 2008
Doc's Request.
25 Nov, 2011
AOR Received.
29 March, 2012
File Transfer...
10 April, 2012 to Ottawa
Med's Request
11 June, 2012
Med's Done....
21 June, 2012
Passport Req..
07 Nov, 2012
Hi Anik
I got a similar email from CIC on Mar 29. The email had my UCI number as well as Application Number like F0000*****. Here are the contents of the email. I tried this number on ECAS with my info as well as with my father's information but it did not work. May be they have not updated the system yet. I have read on several forums that the number starting with F0000- is the application number of the person being sponsored. Just curious what the email means.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada

UCI: 8 Digit Number
Application No.: F0000*****
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear NAME,

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2008/06/03.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Shuga said:
why do you think the on line system is updated once a week? i'm sure my on line status has changed in the middle of the week (wednesday ot thursday) - from one line to 2 lines and then on the weekend (satirday or sunday) it changed to a decision made... so my status changed twice a week... i doubt that on line status changes once a week...
It says so right at the bottom of the ecas webpage http://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/ECAS.jsp :)
The Client Application Status site is updated weekly, usually on Tuesdays.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
sibnadian said:
Shuga, where was it originally?

on the letter, there is a 10 digit file number (doesn't work) but they sya in the letter that i can use the above UCI :eek:
Do you have any letters in front of the file number you got? or just 10 digits? Is it called applicationID or file id or something else? The F0000***** number I got is called Application No

(and yes your 'old' UCI should work - I am also using my original UCI. I did not really remember mine but CIC put it in one of their letters regarding the application, about a year ago when they returned my original paystubs which I submitted as additional proof of income at the time to show 12 month income)

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
mohalite said:
Hi Anik
I got a similar email from CIC on Mar 29. The email had my UCI number as well as Application Number like F0000*****. Here are the contents of the email. I tried this number on ECAS with my info as well as with my father's information but it did not work. May be they have not updated the system yet. I have read on several forums that the number starting with F0000- is the application number of the person being sponsored. Just curious what the email means.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
UCI: 8 Digit Number
Application No.: F0000*****
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.
This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.
Dear NAME,
This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2008/06/03.
Yep, that is exactly the email that I got :)
Do you think you did anything that could have triggered that email (e.g. I sent them some email commucations several month ago to correct a mistake in my name)? When did you submit your additional documents requested in November?

(I know we should just wait patiently but all this guessing makes us feel like we are moving things forward :) )

tricky

Nov 1, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2008
Doc's Request.
November 2011
File Transfer...
26 March 2012
I got my approval letter via email on March 25th and the file is forwarded to Ottawa office. I had sent the additional docs in end-January 2012.

Anik- I got exactly the same email and a week later I got the approval letter via email as well. So, your turn is coming soon!

Shuga, sponsorparents and others: I am in your gang now! Could you please let me know the tips, dos and donts in the next steps? If all goes smooth, I guess I should expect a medical request. I had a quick question: Does the medical letter state that both the parents must go to the same DMP? My dad is in India for some work and my mom is in Canada. Not sure what should be done in this case?