+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

wec660

Star Member
Apr 18, 2012
Shuga said:
are you sure that it's the same people working on the cases and compiling GCMS notes? i was under impression that it's even different departments...
All government agencies have ATIP (Access to Information and Privacy) offices in Ottawa to handle public requests for releasing information. When Immigration Canada received a request, details of request will be sent/distributed to the appropriate local visa office. Then a supervisor distributed the request to his/her group. The visa officer who responsible for your file has to print/scan all relevant information and then forward it to the receptionist. The receptionist will send this info to the operational coordinator, who will forward this info back to Ottawa. The info will be reviewed by Ottawa. ATIP officers will black out the info that not suppose to release.

Many government employees are involved with the whole process. ATIP officers are fine with this process, because it's their job. However, supervisors and front line visa officers are really annoyed about this. It interferes with their daily work.

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
9779570133 said:
Mr. Anik, please help us... our file transfer to LVO ND.. on 14 Feb 2012, but still did not received any email from LVO ND, its 4 months over, we did not received any email for AOR,

tell me , how we can contact LVO ND to confirm our file ???????????????????????????
just keep waiting, those whose files transferred in Jan 2012 still in same situation......that's what I am trying to point out that Ottawa can ask for medical in just couple of weeks and other offices don't even care to acknowledge......guys we should do something for this way of process

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
northclare said:
I understand that it is very frustrating not knowing what is going on and that we are all desperate to be reunited with our families; however, I want to mention that everytime someone requests GCMS notes it means that CIC staff are diverted from processing applications in order to compile the files requested.

I think it would be a good idea to explain our frustrations regarding the process and the lack of information regarding processing procedures and timelines to our MPs and to the Minister for Immigration (Jason Kenney). I am going to send a letter and would advise others to do the same.
can we file a petition? its really very frustrating and there is no order of processing, those who applied in late 2008 already got medicals and those who applied in nov, dec 2007 and in beginning of 2008 no response!!!!! and one thing i am repeatedly saying is that when one office can process so fast why can't other? and only Ottawa has Pilot Project, why not other offices? something has to be done otherwise we will have to wait for couple of years

Pari4u

Jan 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 5, 2011
AOR Received.
April 24,2012
File Transfer...
May 11,2012- LVO India, Aor from ind June 28,2012
Med's Request
November 26 2012
Med's Done....
December 12 2012, medical rec on 11 april 2013
Passport Req..
November 26 2012, sent on 27 dec
hi here is the email address for the CIC india :)

re-delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
northclare said:
Government departments do not just ask an admin person to copy the files and send them out. The files have to be reviewed by a qualified person prior to distribution.
The crucial information that we all need is time lines. The current way of predicting time lines by quoting last years processing times is useless. For those of us being processed through Ottawa we have no information at all. GCMS notes will not really help us except in instances like Shuga's where they had failed to send request for additional medicals. Routine monthly requests for GCMS notes takes government time and money away from processing applications, and we all end up waiting longer.
I see your point and I think most of us do not make routine requests. However, I think it is ok to order them once in a while - especially when there are reasons to believe that your case moves slower or when LVOs seem to not even send AOR in reasonable time
Or Shuga's example with medicals - she would not even know about the additional tests if she had not requested the notes. My case is also weird - I keep waiting for the AOR from LVO (as per the approval letter) but was recently told by 2 call centre agents that our case was moved to Ottawa (found about this almost by accident, when askign about somethign else). I am confused now and I am seriously thinking about ordering those notes at least to understand what happened..

Also I'd think electronic files are probably not that difficult to pull...Copying /scannign physical files - yes, that probably should be done only if there is reason to believe they are needed.

jaggudada

Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi<br>Dependent.....: YES
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011 <br>Doc's Submitted:Jan 2012
File Transfer...
Apr 2012 <br>AOR from ND: June 2012
Med's Request
26 Nov 2012
Passport Req..
26 Nov 2012
Pari4u said:
hi here is the email address for the CIC india :)

re-delhi-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca
Thanks Pari, added to the safe list. :)

Now, in which form does this email has to be added for them to communicate with you through email? Anyone? Thanks.

lottech

May 24, 2012
Anik said:
I am with Shuga on that...I think they probably have some admin staff to take care of this...
And yes, this would be the only reliable source of information.
If they updated the ecas system more frequently and showed some more information then we would not have to order those notes ...But obviously they do not want to update the system....
I agree with you 100%. The information on ECAS is scant and somewhat outdated, and the CAIPS note is the only choice left to obtain more information about the cases. To order it every month would be abusing, but it certainly would help if your case is way out of the ordinary time frame. I know people who found out from the notes that they were under background checks after waiting months for medicals.

smodhera

Star Member
Dec 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC- New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
06-03-2012 AOR : 05-01-2012 Document Requested on November 1st 2012....
Med's Request
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
05-02-2013
Interview........
i hope not
Passport Req..
23-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
looks like a long wait............
LANDED..........
looks like a long wait.............
Shuga said:
getting GMCS notes takes about a month
i received by mail - CD disc with 150 pages pdf file
I had ordered GMCS notes on May 23 2012, today I have received a letter from them that they need 30 days more to get all the details. I am wondering why??

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
samHARVI said:
PLEASE HELP ..I applied for my parents in April 2009

Parents and my brother as dependent 5 people I had just enough income to apply with my wife cosigne
but my wife lost her job end of 2008 and I'm like 500 short on my minimum income for 2009 .. would they let it go for such a small differance since i have more than enough for 2010 , 2011 and will have for future ?

2nd question .. my brother is not dependent anymore and will not be coming to Canada as he is married. so would they still looking for minimum income for 5 as orignal or FOR 4 as he is not included any more?

Thanks
You can file adjusted income tax return, just filled up the $500 gap by showing the misc. income (Your Accountant can help) then you will be fine. You can go back and adjust the income up to 5 or 7 years.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
smodhera said:
I had ordered GMCS notes on May 23 2012, today I have received a letter from them that they need 30 days more to get all the details. I am wondering why??
Weird... Did you ask for physical files or just electronic?

taking4eva

Jun 14, 2012
smodhera said:
Hi the answer to your question is available on the CIC website
To view it go to CIC website home page, click on search, under search for field type "access to information and privacy act faq" the eight question in the list is "How long does the Department have to respond? under that question you will find some detailed information that should answer your question. good luck

taking4eva

Jun 14, 2012
D_India said:
My documents were also received by CIC-M in May and haven't heard anything yet...
recently I found 2 persons on this forum who sent their addational info. May 15th and 16th and both received AOR letter dated May 28th.

My initial application was July 10 2008, CIC received my addational information on May 23rd but I did not hear from them yet.

gaggidhillon

Feb 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2008
Doc's Request.
30 nov 2011
Nomination.....
27-jan-2012 doc send
AOR Received.
11-may-2012
File Transfer...
29 august 2012,AOR FROM NEW DELHI ON 9 OCTOBER 2012
Med's Request
08-NOV-2012
Med's Done....
07 dec 2012,ecas acknowledge medical on 30/12/12
Passport Req..
08-NOV-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06- march 2013 ("address change on 8 march"DM on 11 march")
LANDED..........
Last week of march
taking4eva said:
recently I found 2 persons on this forum who sent their addational info. May 15th and 16th and both received AOR letter dated May 28th.

My initial application was July 10 2008, CIC received my addational information on May 23rd but I did not hear from them yet.
If u have dependant in your file then you have to wait bit longer that i saw earlier in our cases with dependant in first batch. They are doing discrimination with parents who have dependant.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
gaggidhillon said:
If u have dependant in your file then you have to wait bit longer that i saw earlier in our cases with dependant in first batch. They are doing discrimination with parents who have dependant.
The odd one is that dependants who are NOT accompanying also have to go through meds