29 august 2012,AOR FROM NEW DELHI ON 9 OCTOBER 2012
Med's Request
08-NOV-2012
Med's Done....
07 dec 2012,ecas acknowledge medical on 30/12/12
Passport Req..
08-NOV-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06- march 2013 ("address change on 8 march"DM on 11 march")
LANDED..........
Last week of march
Anik said:
Thanks for good wishes, gaggidhillon! I wish you the same - I now your case seems to be really behind others for some reasons, sending you positive vibes, hope things turn for the better for you!

I am not getting my hopes up anymore... Looks like it is not going to be fast either way...

Those with cases in Ottawa: does Ottawa send any AOR? My understanding is that so far the next step is that they are sending an email with PCC request and medical (but no special AOR letter), correct?
Thx for your support.i done nothing special in my case we just follow the rules of cic.but they make us special i call number of times to call centre but they reply that we cannot tell about your case it something surprise for me only god know what the next step in our case

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
gaggidhillon said:
Thx for your support.i done nothing special in my case we just follow the rules of cic.but they make us special i call number of times to call centre but they reply that we cannot tell about your case it something surprise for me only god know what the next step in our case
I hear you -your frustration is totally understandable! Even with our case I feel like we are now delayed because of those back and forth transitions and feel a bit annoyed (but nothing we can do unfortunately -and that is why this process is frustrating).

Shuga

Nov 26, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
03-03-2012 and 03-07-2012
cesca said:
For my father is the same situation. Medicals delivered to Ottawa on May 17th, no update yet. I don't know what to do. How many time did you wait to have GMCS note physical file? Did you received it by mail or email? Thanks again.
getting GMCS notes takes about a month
i received by mail - CD disc with 150 pages pdf file

northclare

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
21-02-2012
Med's Done....
29-02-2012
Passport Req..
25-10-2012
I understand that it is very frustrating not knowing what is going on and that we are all desperate to be reunited with our families; however, I want to mention that everytime someone requests GCMS notes it means that CIC staff are diverted from processing applications in order to compile the files requested.

I think it would be a good idea to explain our frustrations regarding the process and the lack of information regarding processing procedures and timelines to our MPs and to the Minister for Immigration (Jason Kenney). I am going to send a letter and would advise others to do the same.

Shuga

Nov 26, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
libya said:
Hey Shuga :
Iwant to submit a GCM request , i have 2 Questions :
we already did & signed the authorization of & Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] back in November 25 request , do we have to do "apply for it " again when we are asking for gcm notes .or as they were done previously. they might not be needed to be submitted again in the new GCM request, as i guess they already have that info in their system.
2) our file has two 2 adult "above 18 dependants" , & we understand that 1 request for GCM notes is needed for the whole family , but they"the children" didn`t authorize the Representative in IMM 5476 form back in Novemnber25 , request only my" dad & mum signed it" "the principal applicants & spouse " do we need to submit another Use of representative for the dependent adult children authorizing the sponsor again as their representative ..
thanx
i'm not sure... i'm not a representative so i provided a separate concent form from my parents for GCMS notes... i actually even provided the same concent from my husband because he is a co-signer... you can apply for GCMS notes by e-mail so the concent can be a scan - not the original...

Shuga

Nov 26, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
northclare said:
I understand that it is very frustrating not knowing what is going on and that we are all desperate to be reunited with our families; however, I want to mention that everytime someone requests GCMS notes it means that CIC staff are diverted from processing applications in order to compile the files requested.

I think it would be a good idea to explain our frustrations regarding the process and the lack of information regarding processing procedures and timelines to our MPs and to the Minister for Immigration (Jason Kenney). I am going to send a letter and would advise others to do the same.
are you sure that it's the same people working on the cases and compiling GCMS notes? i was under impression that it's even different departments...

I think that you won't be the first person to inform Jason Kenney about lack of communication and information about processing procedures... CIC either can not or does not want to make procedures more transparent... so for now for me GCMS notes is the only reliable source of information about the file...

cesca

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18, 2008
Doc's Request.
November 25, 2011
File Transfer...
February 2012
Med's Request
April 4th, 2012
Med's Done....
May 1st, 2012, e-cas "med received" July 2nd
Shuga said:
getting GMCS notes takes about a month
i received by mail - CD disc with 150 pages pdf file
Thanks Shuga!
about a month for physical file? So, elctronic file should be faster, right?
I need to send copy of my canadian passport?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
I dont think GCMS s done by officers, there is staff for that. Anik, I read "Transit" on my GCMS notes as well, not sure what that means

northclare

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
21-02-2012
Med's Done....
29-02-2012
Passport Req..
25-10-2012
Shuga said:
are you sure that it's the same people working on the cases and compiling GCMS notes? i was under impression that it's even different departments...
Based on how Freedon of Information requests work at many other government departments (federal and provincial) then yes, this takes people away from application processing.

Accepting the current system is basically telling the government that it works. If enough people complain to both their MPs and the Minister directly, it sends a clear message that we do not find it acceptable.

Pari4u

Jan 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 5, 2011
AOR Received.
April 24,2012
File Transfer...
May 11,2012- LVO India, Aor from ind June 28,2012
Med's Request
November 26 2012
Med's Done....
December 12 2012, medical rec on 11 april 2013
Passport Req..
November 26 2012, sent on 27 dec
gaggidhillon said:
Thats is really good congrats to you u will reunite with your parents soon once again congrats
gaggidhilon, i feel your frustrations very well, did you requested gcmc notes , i woudl say you do that,and just keep calling the agent till you find the right one. my good wish and pray are with you , hope things get better soon for you and you here the news fast.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Shuga said:

I think that you won't be the first person to inform Jason Kenney about lack of communication and information about processing procedures... CIC either can not or does not want to make procedures more transparent... so for now for me GCMS notes is the only reliable source of information about the file...
I am with Shuga on that...I think they probably have some admin staff to take care of this...
And yes, this would be the only reliable source of information.
If they updated the ecas system more frequently and showed some more information then we would not have to order those notes ...But obviously they do not want to update the system....

northclare

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
21-02-2012
Med's Done....
29-02-2012
Passport Req..
25-10-2012
Anik said:
I am with Shuga on that...I think they probably have some admin staff to take care of this...
And yes, this would be the only reliable source of information.
If they updated the ecas system more frequently and showed some more information then we would not have to order those notes ...But obviously they do not want to update the system....
Government departments do not just ask an admin person to copy the files and send them out. The files have to be reviewed by a qualified person prior to distribution.
The crucial information that we all need is time lines. The current way of predicting time lines by quoting last years processing times is useless. For those of us being processed through Ottawa we have no information at all. GCMS notes will not really help us except in instances like Shuga's where they had failed to send request for additional medicals. Routine monthly requests for GCMS notes takes government time and money away from processing applications, and we all end up waiting longer.

jaggudada

Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi<br>Dependent.....: YES
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011 <br>Doc's Submitted:Jan 2012
File Transfer...
Apr 2012 <br>AOR from ND: June 2012
Med's Request
26 Nov 2012
Passport Req..
26 Nov 2012
Pari4u said:
one step closor, today we recived the AOR Email from ND india, that they recived the file its same as we have seen before standerd time 3 months for confirmations, 9 months for first review, and 43 months for interview. but happy that file is now reached to india, ppl with me whos file transferd to nd india, keep checking your email :) ;D

Congrats Pari. I am still waiting for that AOR Email from ND India. Could you tell me the email address from where the email originated so that I can add that email to my spam safe list?

Has anyone actually received that AOR from ND through regular mail at their Indian address?

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
northclare, you are absolutely right. In my day to day work, I deal with FOIP and access to personal information daily, went to tones of Canadian conferences about it. Files are prepared by the officers, not admin staff. Requests are received by Freedom and Access clerks, they interpret the request per se (what is requested and from which department) and then send it to the departments. In the department, it gets on the desk of a supervisor who is then distributing by officers who is holding files. However, copies can be made by admin staff, which is still distracting them from toher work they need to do.
FOIP and Access regulations are very tight in Canada and procedures are clearly outlined by Federal and Provincial governments. All bodies have to follow the procedures and regulations.

Believe me, when requests to access the files come to me, it take tones of my times (even though i am not an admin staff in CIC's equivalent), which I could have used performing my actual duties. I work under provincial regulations but, as I said, rules are nearly identical.

However, I think majority of people don't order FOSS and CAIPS notes. So on a big scale it is not critical.

smodhera

Star Member
Dec 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC- New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
06-03-2012 AOR : 05-01-2012 Document Requested on November 1st 2012....
Med's Request
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
05-02-2013
Interview........
i hope not
Passport Req..
23-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
looks like a long wait............
LANDED..........
looks like a long wait.............
jaggudada said:
Congrats Pari. I am still waiting for that AOR Email from ND India. Could you tell me the email address from where the email originated so that I can add that email to my spam safe list?

Has anyone actually received that AOR from ND through regular mail at their Indian address?
Yes I have received it at my home in India (Surat, Gujarat). It reached at my home after 48 days. Letter date is May 1st 2012 and reached at home on June 18 2012. Now I have send them a fax to corresponds with me via e-mail. I will also be requiring their email address to keep in my list, so I don't miss there email.