+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2024

wish2024

Jun 8, 2024
Hello, I have a situation and read all the posts in the thread but didn't find anything relevant so posting here for any expert advice.
I submitted the request to sponsor in 2020 and my confirmation number is selected and invited to apply this year however I didn't get any invitation email from CIC. I checked online tool on May 31st where they posted all the invited confirmation numbers and my confirmation number shows as invited to apply.

The email address which was used on interest to sponsor form back in 2020 is no longer active - my immigration lawyer had filed that for me and she is retired now so that mail box is not active anymore. I had reached out IRCC last year asking them to update the email address on file and they confirmed back mentioning email address is updated - yet I didn't get invitation letter on the updated email address.

I checked my mail and I don't have anything there too

I called IRCC three times asking if they can send an invitation letter to me on my recent email but agents on the call mentioned they don't have authority do access my file. So I tried to send my enquiry using "Find your lost Confirmation number" web form as advised on IRCC website and due to technical issue on their side, upon submission - form got me error mentioning I am not able to submit my enquiry. I tired that almost for one week and form is still giving me error.

Sorry for the long story here but I have two questions:

1 - Do I really need Invitation letter to apply OR online tool mentioning that I am invited to apply is more than enough and I can just go ahead and file my application - wondering if the application would be rejected as I don't have the invitation letter?
2 - If it is necessary than how do I get invitation letter now OR how do I contact CIC about this?

I am afraid I am losing time to complete my application so really appreciate any guidance here.
Thanks a lot!

kunalkhanna

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Request
08-09-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2017
LANDED..........
24-03-2018
ok sure, will put canada as Current country of residence thank you so much.
I have a similar situation and i put the current country of residency as Canada. Even mailing address also I put my Canadian address.

pr_s

Oct 30, 2016
Can anyone please guide what would be a total fee for the application for 2? Including biometrics
Is it CAD 2585 or 2665?

kunalkhanna

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Request
08-09-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2017
LANDED..........
24-03-2018
Can anyone please guide what would be a total fee for the application for 2? Including biometrics
Is it CAD 2585 or 2665?
I paid 2585 for 2 applicants including biometrics

pr_s

Oct 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

just reposting my query to see if anyone can provide insights:
  • Does use of representative 5476 form needs to be signed by both PA and accompanying dependent spouse or just by PA?
  • Do we need separate use of representative forms 5476 for PA and spouse?
  • Do we also need to add travel in personal history (background declaration form 5669) in addition to employment and education ?
  • Address history requires all addresses for past 10 years. My parents visited canada twice and lived with me for 6 months each. Do i need to provide address where parents lived in Canada during previous visits ?
  • Did anyone encounter an issue while electronically signing 5768 financial evaluation form?

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
1)My dad had a first wife that passed away. The checklist mentions that we must upload a death certificate. We are thinking of obtaining the certificate from from the hospital that she passed away in. Would that work? Or would we need an official govt certificate?

2) the checklist also mentions “if the principle applicant was previously married”
a) provide given/family names of previous spouse
b) the length of time they were together.

does this answer information have to be provided in word doc and then uploaded? Or is it sufficient that’s it’s captured already in the generic application form?

Last edited:

Amrinder Singh1986

Aug 9, 2017
Hello All,

Since i want to sponser my parents

Which option should i choose ?https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login or https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/rep/login ?

For the 2024 intake, you and the parents and grandparents you want to sponsor must submit a complete application online through the Permanent Residence Portal (https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login). The application must be submitted by the principal applicant (your parent or grandparent) or by a paid authorized representative on their behalf. If a paid authorized representative is submitting the application online on behalf of the principal applicant, the paid authorized representative must sign in to their Representative Permanent Residence Portal account to do so (https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/rep/login).

gill-chd

Jun 23, 2016
Hello all…,
I am going to submit my mother’s application. Do I have to upload representative form online while doing all other forms.. because it’s not showing up on portal when I login to the account. All other forms coming up to do when I login. I’m not paid representative,, so what should I do….?

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
1)My dad had a first wife that passed away. The checklist mentions that we must upload a death certificate. We are thinking of obtaining the certificate from from the hospital that she passed away in. Would that work? Or would we need an official govt certificate?

2) the checklist also mentions “if the principle applicant was previously married”
a) provide given/family names of previous spouse
b) the length of time they were together.

does this answer information have to be provided in word doc and then uploaded? Or is it sufficient that’s it’s captured already in the generic application form?
Any thoughts?

help_24

Jun 10, 2024
Hello everyone,
I need help with uploading documents!
Where they ask to Upload Travel documents and Passports, should I upload all passports of parents, sponsor, spouse all together in one file?

jessoabr

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hello, if anyone could help in the situation, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Because I only meet income requirements for a family size of 3 including myself, and I'll be sponsoring my mom and dad.
However, I'm also thinking to apply a supervisa separately for my grand mother, since I cannot meet the income requirements for a family size of 4 for the last three years to sponsor her too.
Can any one confirm if it will be okay to have a separate application for my grandmother, to be submitted later after applying the sponsorship for my parents and keeping the family size 3?