+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2024

ccnnaik

Apr 11, 2017
Generally, to qualify as dependants, children must
  • be under 22 years old
  • not have a spouse or common-law partner
Exception: Children who are at the age limit or older can qualify as “over-age” dependants if they
  • have depended on their parents for financial support since before they reached the age limit and
  • can’t financially support themselves due to a mental or physical condition

doing application for my parents, my 30 YO sister (single, never married, no kids) qualify as dependent?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Congrats , Super Visa medical is same as PGP they are valid till their validity of 12 months , TB exams are very common for south Asian countries , people had tb long time ago and the cells are mostly never active , your mom would be clear. its very common infact .

Answer my questions too : What are you doing for Police clearance certificate sending parents back to get it done or getting done from Canada ?
It depends on if the countries you need the PCC allows for application from outside and via what way. Some will allow online application.

Janeleith2

May 29, 2024
IMM 5768 financial evaluation Q14, The gross income is for each year or for the total of 3 years? Should we start from 2021-01-01 till present? Or we should input the information each year: 2021-01-01 till 2021-12-30. gross income XX, family size 4; 2022-0101 till 2022-12-30 gross income xxx, family size 5?

gordon_liang

Jan 28, 2019
I really hope the pool is re-open next year. It has been four years, many thing can change in each family and the interest should be re-submitted from my humble and selfish opinion.

xyxrtm

Star Member
Sep 27, 2016
Hi,
Can anyone help with following queries?
1. My parents are in Canada on Visitor visa. They are on their 3rd visit since 2018 and they have only travelled to Canada outside of their home country. So when filling out the form for travel history IMM 5562, I will only write about these 3 trips. In the end date of the third trip, can I put a future date, since my parents will be returning end of August? Also, I have applied for a visitor visa extension for my mom. Her status technically expires on July 2. Will it complicate things in any way?
2. Do I need to submit proof of name change for my mom? She has been using her maiden name in her work documents but has her married name in passport and all other government documents.

Thanks in advance!

joy02

Jan 13, 2019
Hello! I need help! I can’t figure out the declartion dates of their ID. My parents greencard will expire NOv of 2031. The system/form online wont accept any dates that are more than or later than 2024.

any idea what should I do?

jaynexo

Jan 28, 2019
Only if she lived with your father as common law partner. They marriage is not recognized in Canada/IRCC.
She does live with him, as his wife. What if she is listed as a non accompanied dependent, and I only pay sponsorship fee for my dad? Would this mean I am only sponsoring one parent? Sorry for these questuons. I am emotionally a little unsettled since this invite arrived. Any advice would be really appreciated.

Cheers

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
She does live with him, as his wife. What if she is listed as a non accompanied dependent, and I only pay sponsorship fee for my dad? Would this mean I am only sponsoring one parent? Sorry for these questuons. I am emotionally a little unsettled since this invite arrived. Any advice would be really appreciated.

Cheers
You could do that but she still needs to pass medical, police and background check. (I don't know if she will be cooperative knowing that she won't be part of the sponsorship)
Your income still need to meet LICO including her and any other dependents of your dad's. But if she is non-accompanying and will not get COPR, she will NOT be in your undertaking.

larryz

Jul 4, 2016
guys my wife is a housewife and has no income, is it safe to include her as co-signer in case I lost my job during the application and we can meet the LICO together?

Reactions: BienCanada

npatel202

May 31, 2019
I have few questions. Can someone please help me with that ???
I got invitation from ircc for PGP.
1- I am a sponsor and I was not working for 2022 and 2023 but my husband was working and he will be co signer. So this would works if our family income Mets the requirement.
2- my parents don’t know the English . So I am filling forms on their behalf.do I need to apply under representative portal or normal online portal.
Thank You