+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2024

nrmathe

May 28, 2024
Hello... I got an invite to sponsor my parents. The letter is addressed to my dad, not me. Will that be an issue once i start to submit the application to sponsor ?

thanks

hims0912

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Hi All, Need an advice please: I am gathering documents to apply and sponsor my mother through pgp 2024 (got an invite this time). My mother is currently living with me here in Canada on her supervisa since Oct 2023 and has plans to live with me at least till end of 2026.

My doubt is:

In the form IMM 0008 (Tab: Personal Details), there is a question "Current country of residence", should i put it as "Canada" for her and with Status as "Visitor" with From date=date on which she last entered canada (i.e. Oct 2023) and then To Date=the date on which i will submit the pgp application?
Or,

Should i put it as "India" (homecountry) for her and with Status as "Citizen"???

i tried to research about this on the forums and found that ideally country of residence is home country because my mother still does not have "resident" status in canada and is only a visitor. But my worry is that if i put "India" then would IRCC still send final approval, COPR etc. as Inland applicant OR they would consider her living in India and then all passport requests etc. will need to be submitted in India and not in Canada BLS office.

Anyone who has similar experience (parent residing with them in canada while their PGP was submitted and processed) please let me know what should be the correct course of action?

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
Hi everyone,
In 2022 I received the invitation to apply to sponsor my parents and grandparents. Unfortunately, family matters at the time did not allow us to submit our application. Does anyone know if I can receive a second invitation to apply?
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,
In 2022 I received the invitation to apply to sponsor my parents and grandparents. Unfortunately, family matters at the time did not allow us to submit our application. Does anyone know if I can receive a second invitation to apply?
Thanks
No. You received an invitation in 2022 so the profile would not have returned to the pool.

Reactions: YVR123 and c.cruz91

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
so I would need to submit another interest to sponsor form? when do they usually accept new forms?
Yes, you would need to submit another form. IRCC is not accepting new interest to sponsor forms at this time and hasn't for several years now. We do not know when this will reopen.

Reactions: YVR123 and c.cruz91

mehul1313

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Hi All, Need an advice please: I am gathering documents to apply and sponsor my mother through pgp 2024 (got an invite this time). My mother is currently living with me here in Canada on her supervisa since Oct 2023 and has plans to live with me at least till end of 2026.

My doubt is:

In the form IMM 0008 (Tab: Personal Details), there is a question "Current country of residence", should i put it as "Canada" for her and with Status as "Visitor" with From date=date on which she last entered canada (i.e. Oct 2023) and then To Date=the date on which i will submit the pgp application?
Or,

Should i put it as "India" (homecountry) for her and with Status as "Citizen"???

i tried to research about this on the forums and found that ideally country of residence is home country because my mother still does not have "resident" status in canada and is only a visitor. But my worry is that if i put "India" then would IRCC still send final approval, COPR etc. as Inland applicant OR they would consider her living in India and then all passport requests etc. will need to be submitted in India and not in Canada BLS office.

Anyone who has similar experience (parent residing with them in canada while their PGP was submitted and processed) please let me know what should be the correct course of action?
Visitor is temporary resident. Put Canadian address as current.

Reactions: hims0912

Poonamhans

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Good day
I got invitation to sponser my parents . My parents got medical done for their super visa in april 2024 . will that be good for PGP application
also my mom got additional test request for sputum exam and that was done in march .now they are asking to get repeat chest x-ray in june . any concerns for that .she never had TB in her life but when we had CT chest done for her it was showing old scars .
Thanks

qamalik730

Apr 20, 2012

My doubt is:

Or,

She is residing in Canada , her country of current residence is Canada .

Reactions: hims0912

qamalik730

Apr 20, 2012
Good day
I got invitation to sponser my parents . My parents got medical done for their super visa in april 2024 . will that be good for PGP application
also my mom got additional test request for sputum exam and that was done in march .now they are asking to get repeat chest x-ray in june . any concerns for that .she never had TB in her life but when we had CT chest done for her it was showing old scars .
Thanks
Congrats , Super Visa medical is same as PGP they are valid till their validity of 12 months , TB exams are very common for south Asian countries , people had tb long time ago and the cells are mostly never active , your mom would be clear. its very common infact .

Answer my questions too : What are you doing for Police clearance certificate sending parents back to get it done or getting done from Canada ?

qamalik730

Apr 20, 2012
Hi everyone,
Thanks
No , the only option is when application opens next time you have to resubmit for draw.

pr_s

Oct 30, 2016
Hi,

I have got few questions and would welcome your valuable insights:

1. Is there any way to electronically sign the financial evaluation for PGP sponsorship Form (IMM 5769) ? Or does it need to be printed, hand signed, scanned and uploaded?

2. Does the 4mb size limitation applies to each document or each placeholder? Can we upload multiple documents weighing 4mb each under single category/placeholder?

3. Does use of representative form needs to be signed by the PA and accompanying dependent spouse or just by the PA?

4. Do we need to add travels within the personal history section (background declaration form 5669)? or is it limited to (un)employment and education? i don't understand - portal says document travels as well where as guide says otherwise.