+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2024

everydaydealer

Oct 31, 2017
i will upload only current passport all pages.

photographer missed to write the date of photo taken on backside and literally no space after applicant name, date of birth and the seal of the studio. Can i attach the receipt as proof of date and explain in the letter of explanation ?

Jg_147

May 31, 2024
Hi everyone, I need some advice. My documents only have my parents' first names, but their documents include both their first names and last names. Do I need to provide any additional documents or a letter of explanation to address this discrepancy?"

Mani_28

Jun 3, 2024
Hello All, For my parents Supervisa applications I have used my Indian Passport for proof of relation as it have names of my parents. But now I have got Canadian passport and surrendered Indian passport. Can I still use surrendered Indian passport as proof of relation?

I do have my original birth certificate and translated English copy ( translated in 2016) but that birth certificate dont have last names for all of us

Please suggest what could be best

1) Use my surrendered Indian passport only ( as I have used it in past for proof of relation in Supervisa and Visitor Visa)

2) Use Birth certificate (+ translation 2016) and Indian Passport both with explanation letter

Or there is anything else I can do?

Everyone plz suggest

@Senior members plz help
@scylla
@Naturgrl
@canuck78
@pk10

Absinthetx

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Hi, on my invite letter it only states my last name, not sure if I made a mistake when I submitted my interest to sponsor form. Do I call CIC before I apply or include the letter of explanation with the application ?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Okay so let’s say I get let go is there a section in the forms that asks for my current job? That means I have to find something else before I apply? Or can I apply and then continue to find a job?

i haven’t been fired lol I’m just scared what if it happens hypothetically lol?
You need to be truthful and just provide the actual situation. If at the point of the application, you are unemployed, just put that down.
And you will have the rest of the year to make up the income. IRCC care that you can continue to support the persons that you are sponsoring (undertaking). So find any job, or if you have a spouse, ask the spouse to be co-signer just in case. The spouse/common law partner does need to know that's a 20 years commitment. (regardless of the relationship in that 20 years)

Neil1122

Jun 3, 2024
Hi, i just joint the forum, i receive the PGP 2024 for my parents,
i need help to understand certain details on IMM1344e
1) i am applying for my parents first time on this PGP 2024 invitation, never applied or any issue with IRCC,
my parents PGP rejection chances are None
what to select in first question ,
Q ** if you are found ineligible sponsor ,
another is co-signer question (in my case she is my wife)
Q** have you ever used any other name (should i use wife maiden name ?

thank you

mohitmalhotr44

Jan 27, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, anyone with an all-number sequeqnce confirmation number got an invitation to apply?

Canadadream2009

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
We are 4 family members, with my mom we are 5.( I am sponsoring my mom only) In financial evaluation form should I count my mom in family size too and put family members are 5 or only me spouse and 2 kids= 4 ?

Last edited:

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
You need to be truthful and just provide the actual situation. If at the point of the application, you are unemployed, just put that down.
And you will have the rest of the year to make up the income. IRCC care that you can continue to support the persons that you are sponsoring (undertaking). So find any job, or if you have a spouse, ask the spouse to be co-signer just in case. The spouse/common law partner does need to know that's a 20 years commitment. (regardless of the relationship in that 20 years)
Thank you. So let’s say I’m making 78,000 in my current job. Then get let go today. How will IRCC know that I can continue to meet LICO for this year for the rest of 2024?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you. So let’s say I’m making 78,000 in my current job. Then get let go today. How will IRCC know that I can continue to meet LICO for this year for the rest of 2024?
IRCC can request for an updated financial form or a new NOA (if it's past the tax return day of 2024 by 2025). They don't always do it but they could and in same cases, they did.

qamalik730

Apr 20, 2012
Can any one answer this question. If my parents are in Canada on sueper visa and they submitted their Police clearance before coming here . Do they need to submit police clearance again for back home while they were here the whole time.
The only issue is my parents can't travel, and police clearance requires in person presence.

Janeleith2

May 29, 2024
Can any one answer this question. If my parents are in Canada on sueper visa and they submitted their Police clearance before coming here . Do they need to submit police clearance again for back home while they were here the whole time.
The only issue is my parents can't travel, and police clearance requires in person presence.
PCC is valid for 6 months. They may request the PCC again if they need it. But you could still provide this copy when you submit your application. Last year’s processing time is about 6months for some people.