+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2024

Absinthetx

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
If I am filling out the application for my parents do I use the regular portal or use the portal for authorized representatives?

rbhushan

Mar 10, 2016
Hi All, need some guidance.

My Candian passport has XXX under given name but citizenship certificate don't have and given name is blank.

Do I need to add XXX under Given name for all documents related to sponsor and primary applicant or just in IMM1344E ?

ayk

Nov 29, 2010
Both of my parents are senior citizens (Father is 77 and mother is 73) and neither of them has their Birth Certificate with them. The have their National ID's and Passport. How to navigate through this as Birth Certificate is the required document
Parents birth certificate is not required
Childs (you or your spouses) birth certificate is required, which mentions their names.

Reactions: YVR123

sandeep12

Jan 2, 2022
Hi everyone,

My parents' passports expire on August 20, 2024. Should I renew their passports before submitting their application, or should I submit the application with their old passports and update the passport details when I receive the AOR?

Additionally, my parents do not have a marriage certificate. Do I need to provide this, or can I submit my birth certificate to prove they are my parents?

Any help is appreciated!

Max12345

May 31, 2024
I am still waiting for Parents invitation From 2020. The first day I finish the interest form and get the confirmation number . The second day my wife did not know it, She help me sent it one more time and use her own email address . She also get the confirmation number . I am worry about two forms were removed. We didn't do it on purpose. I am try to call the IRCC customer service to explain it . They said : We can not check the it and make sure you are in the interest pool . Since 2017, my parents have been waiting for seven years. We do not want lose this opportunity . Who can give me an accurate answer.
IRCC Web said : All duplicate submissions will be removed
confirmation email said : We remove duplicates and only keep your last submission .

Thank you so much.

Greninja

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
I am still waiting for Parents invitation From 2020. The first day I finish the interest form and get the confirmation number . The second day my wife did not know it, She help me sent it one more time and use her own email address . She also get the confirmation number . I am worry about two forms were removed. We didn't do it on purpose. I am try to call the IRCC customer service to explain it . They said : We can not check the it and make sure you are in the interest pool . Since 2017, my parents have been waiting for seven years. We do not want lose this opportunity . Who can give me an accurate answer.
IRCC Web said : All duplicate submissions will be removed
confirmation email said : We remove duplicates and only keep your last submission .

Thank you so much.
it will be fine, just keep eyes on you and your wife's email. But Your wife will probably receive it as she is the last submission

Aavt

Jun 1, 2024
Has anyone whose parents have a super visa gotten an invitation yet? Or does someone you know whose parents have super-visa gotten an invite?
Not sure if this is biased and not considering people who have a supervisa? Thoughts?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Has anyone whose parents have a super visa gotten an invitation yet? Or does someone you know whose parents have super-visa gotten an invite?
Not sure if this is biased and not considering people who have a supervisa? Thoughts?
Yes, there have been lots of people here who have received invites and whose parents hold super visas.

Reactions: YVR123 and Aavt

Mandyshahpuri

Jun 1, 2024
Do you guys have any information regarding when the new PGP portal for 2024 (fresh applications)begin or when will they start taking new applications 2024 on their portal.
Would appreciate
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do you guys have any information regarding when the new PGP portal for 2024 (fresh applications)begin or when will they start taking new applications 2024 on their portal.
Would appreciate
Thanks
Do you mean profiles? Program hasn’t been open since 2020 so right now IRCC is inviting only those from 2020. There are probably around 80-100k still in the pool.

Reactions: Mandyshahpuri

Mandyshahpuri

Jun 1, 2024
Do you mean profiles? Program hasn’t been open since 2020 so right now IRCC is inviting only those from 2020. There are probably around 80-100k still in the pool.
Ok. IRCC will open fresh profiles only when they are done with the previous once, you mean.
Thanks