+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2024

Janeleith2

May 29, 2024
I saw some ppl who have applied last year submitted their parents’ ID cards. ( they also submitted parents passports). I am wondering if the ID CARDS from parents home country is required?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I saw some ppl who have applied last year submitted their parents’ ID cards. ( they also submitted parents passports). I am wondering if the ID CARDS from parents home country is required?
No. If they have a valid passports, their ID CARDS are not in the document check list. There is a field in the application to fill in the ID card numbers.

May be they did that trying to proof different names used in other documents? (e.g. birth certificate of sponsor having variation of names that's only shown on ID cards)

hims0912

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
No need to include married sibling (adult married child of PA) in IMM5669.
But make sure that she and yourself are listed as children in IMM 5406.
Thank you so much for the response, yes i have listed myself and my sister both in the IMM 5406 under Section B (Children)

vinayakarora4

May 30, 2024
They are posting the tool tmrw to see if people got selected.

They only do this once the round is over. They never said they will send for full 2 weeks. They said:

"over the course of approximately 2 weeks" -> which historically has been under 2 weeks.

Believe me I am just as frustrated. But cant do much. :(
It is so depressing

Janeleith2

May 29, 2024
IMM1344 just type the names as signatures and press the validate button and then save the pdf and upload right? Thank you.

Janeleith2

May 29, 2024
IMM 5768, provide the employment history for the last THREE consecutive taxation years preceding your application. Does it mean we need to provide the sponsor’s work history since 2021 January?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

jaynexo

Jan 28, 2019
Hi Folks, congratulations to all those who received the invite. I need a suggestion please. My mother passed away a month and a half back. My dad is alive. I applied for their sponsorship in 2020. I received an invite a few days back.

The law says i can only sponsor my blood related parents or parents by adoption. My parents are blood related. My father has a second wife. She is not my mother. My dad is insistent to have me sponsor her as well. I am not willing to do that. What are my options? How must i proceed with my application

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
ZT

johnpeter

Jul 10, 2012
Hi Folks, congratulations to all those who received the invite. I need a suggestion please. My mother passed away a month and a half back. My dad is alive. I applied for their sponsorship in 2020. I received an invite a few days back.

The law says i can only sponsor my blood related parents or parents by adoption. My parents are blood related. My father has a second wife. She is not my mother. My dad is insistent to have me sponsor her as well. I am not willing to do that. What are my options? How must i proceed with my application

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
ZT
You are only sponsoring your father (principal applicant) and his current wife would be his dependent.

May 31, 2024
So I am trying to understand the income requirement section. The figures shown in the chart already have 30% added to it or we have to add 30% to it?

Jg_147

May 31, 2024
I've received an invitation for PGP 2024. Could someone please help me? Do I need to submit separate applications for my mom and dad? If so, can I use the same portal for both applications? Should the portal be under the sponsor's name or the applicant's name?