+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2024

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
My parents PR application is in process( PGP 2024 applied on July 22 2024). They are currently in Canada on a supervisa since 2019. We’ve filed two successful extensions. Now their visitor record is coming due in mid october. If we file for another extension and they get rejected and leave the country, will the rejection impact their PR process?

in the extension application letter can we say that they want to stay until their PR is processed? Is that allowed from a dual intent perspective?

Solarmanng

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
My parents PR application is in process( PGP 2024 applied on July 22 2024). They are currently in Canada on a supervisa since 2019. We’ve filed two successful extensions. Now their visitor record is coming due in mid october. If we file for another extension and they get rejected and leave the country, will the rejection impact their PR process?

in the extension application letter can we say that they want to stay until their PR is processed? Is that allowed from a dual intent perspective?
To avoid thinking about the impact of such rejection; the best decision will be to avoid whatever that can lead to it. I do not think saying "that they want to stay until their PR is processed" is sufficient reason for supervisa extension given that you had previously been granted two extensions.
Let them leave Canada and apply a new supervisa for them. Presently, most supervisa applications take less than three months to process. I hope that helps. Good luck!

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
To avoid thinking about the impact of such rejection; the best decision will be to avoid whatever that can lead to it. I do not think saying "that they want to stay until their PR is processed" is sufficient reason for supervisa extension given that you had previously been granted two extensions.
Let them leave Canada and apply a new supervisa for them. Presently, most supervisa applications take less than three months to process. I hope that helps. Good luck!
Thank you! Just have a quick follow up. Legally speaking if they get rejected will it impact their pr if they leave?

I’m also going to say they want to spend more time with me in the letter. But legally speaking can I say they want the extension because they are waiting for the pr to be processed. Asking from a dual intent perspective.

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
supervisa or visitor status extension refusal will not impact their PGP application.
I don't have other information.
I’m worried that once (and if ) the extension gets refused at that point they technically don’t have implied status. Thus that period of time where they are out of status to when they travel home( a few days lag etc) might impact the pgp application?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
I’m worried that once (and if ) the extension gets refused at that point they technically don’t have implied status. Thus that period of time where they are out of status to when they travel home( a few days lag etc) might impact the pgp application?
You will have 90 days to apply for a new status or reinstate your old status once you receive a refusal notice. Also, you will immediately be out of status as soon as you receive the refusal notice. There is no grace period for accumulating out of status days once the decision for refusal is made and communicated to you and must leave Canada forthwith. The longer one accumulates "out of status" days, it may impact readmission decisions by CBSA at a port of entry. Usually a few days to book tickets and leave should not be a big issue for re-entry at a future date on a Temporary Resident Status.

Also note that just leaving Canada for a short trip to a third country and seeking readmission on a Temporary Resident Status is not a good idea as this increases chances of readmission denials by CBSA or worse an Exclusion Order from Canada (up to 1 year or more).

I am not sure how "out of status" days will impact existing PR applications...

Last edited:

vir_ajay

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
18-07-2011
Interview........
14-05-2012
Passport Req..
sent by mail on 19/11/2011 which i never got it....then found it by case enquiry on 23/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2012
LANDED..........
02-06-2012
Greetings ,

I am doing my mothers sponsorship. It got sent back saying there is information missing on the IMM 5406 form. Here is what the letter stated

"IMM 5406 (for Principal Applicant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) provided was not completed fully. Please provide a current, completed, signed and dated Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependants aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand. Sections A, B and C must be fully completed. For Section B, please ensure that you include ALL children, including ALL adopted, step-children, and those who are currently a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, regardless of age. For Section C, please ensure that you include ALL brothers and sisters including half, step-brothers/sisters and those who are currently a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. The Name, Marital Status, Relationship to applicant, Date of birth, Country of birth, and Address must be filled. The street number, street name, city, postal/zip code and country are mandatory for Canada and USA addresses. All other countries must provide the City, Province/State/Parish and Country. Please ensure that you provide the date and place of death (city/town, country, or territory) for any deceased family members. If any information is not known, please enter in “Unknown”. If you are unable to provide any of the information listed above for any individual listed in section A, B and C, you must provide an explanation. Please ensure that you sign the form by hand and dated once it has been printed. Please submit the most recent version of this form."

When filling out the online forms, I did not include my self in section 2 , which I corrected and filled out.

She has 2 children ( me and my brother ) , my father passed away. And my brother/ her second son is 35y single. He is not dependent.

Do we have to fill out another IMM 5604 for my brother as well ?

starrrr

Jun 1, 2024
Just successfully linked the application to the online account by using the UCI on visitor record. App submitted on June 1, 2024. Did not receive any additional documents requirement.

sahiut

Mar 20, 2018
Just successfully linked the application to the online account by using the UCI on visitor record. App submitted on June 1, 2024. Did not receive any additional documents requirement.
While adding, did you use your (sponsor) uci or your parent (principle applicant) uci? Did you get AOR email as well? Please let me know. I was trying using my parents (principle applicant) uci to link but no luck. I did not get any AOR yet. Submitted application on June 6,2024. Your response is highly appreciated! Thanks!!

starrrr

Jun 1, 2024
While adding, did you use your (sponsor) uci or your parent (principle applicant) uci? Did you get AOR email as well? Please let me know. I was trying using my parents (principle applicant) uci to link but no luck. I did not get any AOR yet. Submitted application on June 6,2024. Your response is highly appreciated! Thanks!!
I used parent’s UCI. I did not receive AOR. Hope this helps.