+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

Shelby88

Aug 23, 2024
Hi everyone, anyone with a July final decision still waiting for Portal 1 email? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Blessed_ritu

Mar 6, 2024
Can I apply for super visa for my mother while I am waiting for her PR application to process ? If I apply should I explain anything ?

I applied in Dec 2023 after getting the invite last year (Oct 2023), received request for additional documents (proof of relationship) in April 2024, linked the application on July 11 2024, but I have not heard back since then. I read on the forum that a lot of members got the biometric and medical request but I haven't, and I am planning on putting her super visa application now, while we wait for PR application to proceed. Any things to be mindful of ?
You can apply for the super visa . You do not need to explain anything.
I applied for my parents visa after applying for PR in Nov 2023 and they got the Visa in month .

I am in the similar boat where I linked the application in July and there are no updates since

ali.tariq

May 29, 2011
App. Filed.......
25-05-2018
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
I received the medical request for my mom in July but no PCC request. I want to submit my mom's PCC even if they haven't asked for it yet.
For those that have submitted through webform, there's a question "Are you contacting us about the 2024 parents and grandparents sponsorship program?", will this be a NO since I passed the application last Dec 2023?
Thanks!
I am in the same situation. Medicals done in July and since then nothing. Except for today, I received ANOTHER pre-arrival services email. I wonder why they sent it again?

ali.tariq

May 29, 2011
App. Filed.......
25-05-2018
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
Medicals were done in July. No PCC request thus far. However, today I received ANOTHER pre-arrival services email. Anyone else ever received a 2nd pre-arrival email? while still waiting on PCC?

PG-BColumbia

Mar 28, 2015
Yes, I submitted the PCC without IRCC asking for it because I figured that was the only thing left for me as at that time. I submitted it via webform and obviously it was a right move because I was never ask to provide it again.
I was looking for this response too. Thanks for posting.

I will do mine now.

faaarii

Star Member
Oct 11, 2023
Hello,

I received Biometric, medical and Police certificate with a gap of few days.
My application includes parents and their dependent kid who is 16 years old.
PCC request letter asks for police certificate for parents but Schedule A for the kid.
What I know is kids under 18 don't get to submit PCC and at the same time Schedule A is also for 18 above so I am confuse what to attach.
Is it for principal applicant or really have to submit for the dependent kid.

Format of the letter is as follows:

Principal Applicant's UCI and Name:
> Submit PCC
Spouse UCI and Name:
> Submit PCC
Dependent Kid UCI and Name:
> Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background
Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature You must declare your personal
history and addresses from the age of 18 or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent. Do not
leave any gaps. Please use a separate sheet of paper for additional information. Sign, date and
label each additional sheet with the appropriate question number and headings.

Any help will be appreciated to understand it fully so that I am able to submit the right form for the right person.

Thanks

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
23-12-2022 PGP
Doc's Request.
03-10-2023
Nomination.....
27-03-2024
File Transfer...
27-03-2024 Vancouver
Med's Request
07-07-2024
Received a second pre-arrival letter today.
Anyone got it twice?
Full timeline in my signature

Beebee2016

Jun 16, 2016
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th March 2016
AOR Received.
19th April 2016
Med's Done....
26th April 2016
Hello,

PCC request letter asks for police certificate for parents but Schedule A for the kid.
What I know is kids under 18 don't get to submit PCC and at the same time Schedule A is also for 18 above so I am confuse what to attach.

> Submit PCC
Spouse UCI and Name:
> Submit PCC
Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature You must declare your personal
history and addresses from the age of 18 or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent. Do not
leave any gaps. Please use a separate sheet of paper for additional information. Sign, date and

Any help will be appreciated to understand it fully so that I am able to submit the right form for the right person.

Thanks
Did you get Biometrics and medical for the kid who is 16 years old too?

Beebee2016

Jun 16, 2016
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th March 2016
AOR Received.
19th April 2016
Med's Done....
26th April 2016
I was also in the similar situation. Submitted Dec 3rd, got AOR in April and then silence till this week. Not a single update from April to Aug. I just got biometrics request on Aug 28th. Wait there, you will all get it.
congratulations on your Biometrics request. I also got biometrics request today. Have you gotten any other update?

Reactions: Whistle

Whistle

Nov 17, 2023
congratulations on your Biometrics request. I also got biometrics request today. Have you gotten any other update?
Thanks. Biometrics completed. Got PCC and Medical request same day just after biometrics request.
PCC takes time. I got the appointment tomorrow but will take roughly 2-3 weeks to get PCC. I would advise to do PCC upfront to reduce the time.

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
Hello everyone, i have finally received an application number but i am having a hard time adding it to the ircc account.

They are asking us to provide a police certificate, passport copies, updated addresses, and email address.

one step closer hopefully :)

faaarii

Star Member
Oct 11, 2023
Did you get Biometrics and medical for the kid who is 16 years old too?
Yes, 16 year has to do both biometric and medical but not PCC and Schedule A so they asked for Schedule A but the form asks who is filling (a principal applicant or a dependent 18 years or older) so I am confuse for that.

faaarii

Star Member
Oct 11, 2023
Hello,

> Submit PCC
Spouse UCI and Name:
> Submit PCC

Thanks
Leaving this message for anyone who might have the same question in the future:

I found the answer to my question. If parents have a dependent child, the dependent child must be sponsored by the parents (For the sake of filling the forms). This is why the CIC requires IMM 5669 to be completed for the dependent child, even though the form typically states that only the principal applicant or dependent aged 18 and above need to fill it out.

Form IMM 5534 (09-2022) E (Check list for dependent child) page 3 says the following:

The principal applicant (dependent child being sponsored) must complete this form even if they are under the age of 18. Make sure you provide
the specific details in the “Education History” section of the form. If the principal applicant is under 18, this form must be signed by a parent or legal
guardian acting on the child's behalf."

I would like to mention the link that helped me with this question (Thanks to this comment)

https://www.reddit.com/r/ImmigrationCanada/comments/nqt5j5